Bi-Folding Doors

clicka

Hello All,

I'm looking to put some custom sized bi-folding windows into an extension I'm considering. I've seen the bi-folding doors and I guess I'm after the same but window height not door height.

The doors seem somewhat more expensive than the more traditional French patio doors, but would the cost come down if they were window size not door height.

Has anybody had any experience with these bi-folding doors and possibly be able to suggest a reputable company to source custom size ones from?

Hoping you can help.

Thanks

I can recommend SunSeeker Doors who fitted our bifolds and windows 5 or 6 years ago. They measure and manufacture to order and they have examples of bi folding windows on their website http://sunseekerdoors.co.uk/bifolds.html

There is also a blog post about bi folding windows http://sunseekerdoors.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/retractable-windows-images-testimonial.html from an architect who has them.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for resurrecting an older thread, but am in the process of researching bi-fold doors. A can of worms (an aluminimum can). One thing that I noticed so far is that the well-recommended Sun Paradise operation appears to have gone into administration in January, although their web site is still up and running.

Considering foldingdoorshop who appear to get good reviews. They offer Schuco which I gather is a good thing.

Anyone got any experience of them or *genuine* recommendations for others?

DavidQ100,

Glad I read this post

We are building an extension in Wimbledon shortly and I have costed for Sun Paradise. The company I am getting them from here didn't mention it to me at all. Just wondering where you saw the administration details. I am reluctant to install doors that may not have service options due to the company closing.

thanks,

Sun Paradise definitely in administration. I think some of the directors may be using the name under a new company. We still use former Sun Paradise staff to do servicing on doors but they are not attached to any new company. There are some good German companies who supply bi-fold doors that are of similar quality and price to Sun Paradise.

Hi,

I had my bi-fold patio doors done by Crystal Window, just over a year ago and have had no issues.

Price was very competitive; no hard sell... a 6 week turnaround from my first call to full installation (had windows done by them too). A 2 man team worked cleanly throughout the installation. It was a good experience and the doors look great.

Sun paradise defo in administration but resurrected under the name of the folding door company so still producing SP product. I'd go for Schuco.Great quality for the price. Much better than Smart or the foldingslidingdoorcompany.

We used Crystalglazingsolutions to supply and fit. Insurance backed product too.good price and support.

Sun paradise defo in administration but resurrected under the name of the folding door company so still producing SP product. I'd go for Schuco.Great quality for the price. Much better than Smart or the foldingslidingdoorcompany.

We used Crystalglazingsolutions to supply and fit. Insurance backed product too.good price and support.

• 4 months later...