New Strada next to White Stuff

newgirl

My boyfriend heard two girls on the top of the 176 bus saying that a Strada is going to open in the empty shop next to White Stuff.

Anyone know if that's true. Not mad about Strada particularly, but haven't found anywhere in East Dulwich that does decent pizza. Does anyone know of a decent pizza delivery place by the way? Thanks

newgirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My boyfriend heard two girls on the top of the 176

> bus saying that a Strada is going to open in the

> empty shop next to White Stuff.

>

> Anyone know if that's true. Not mad about Strada

> particularly, but haven't found anywhere in East

> Dulwich that does decent pizza. Does anyone know

> of a decent pizza delivery place by the way?

> Thanks

Yes, The Gowlett pub in Gowlett Road do excellent pizzas and excellent beer to go with them.

They have a website (google the gowlett, I can't be bothered with linking)

newgirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My boyfriend heard two girls on the top of the 176

> bus saying that a Strada is going to open in the

> empty shop next to White Stuff.

>

> Anyone know if that's true. Not mad about Strada

> particularly, but haven't found anywhere in East

> Dulwich that does decent pizza. Does anyone know

> of a decent pizza delivery place by the way?

> Thanks

Si Mangia on Forest Hill are the best pizzas. Not sure if they do take out. They should. Right oppo the bust stop. Drunken workers falling off the bus on a Friday night (woops is that ME!?) looking for some tasty grub. They could make a killing. Seeing as the co-op is so dire.

Agree with Mattham that the Magdala do good pizzas. Haven't been there for a while though. Is it the still the lady pizza chef? The last time I ate there she was really quite stressed and abruptly asked a large group who were celebrating a birthday (in a very nice fashion I add) to keep the noise down. Er, it's pub! She also burnt my pizza beyond recognition. The excuse was that she was under pressure that night.

Happy ending:

I complained and they were good enough to replace it, not charge for it AND offer me a free ale. Thumbs up to the Magdala.

And they show the football.

Two thumbs up.

Also agree with Kford that of all the chain Italian places Strada is the lesser evil.

I think people have to accept that where there's money the chains will follow and an addition as such, maybe not now but in the future, is inevitable. Still, it might ensure that there's always a free table or 2 in Franklins.

they dont even do pizzas at the mag an more its PIES THESE DAYS !! GOD YOU LOT

AND I KNOW WHAT THE SHOP NEXT TO WHITE STUFF IS GOING TO BE AND ITS NOT SHOES or pizza the gowlett as stated above makes te best pizzas and of course:) its the best pub locally imo :)

no - let's reminisce about how good the magdala pizzas used to be (with the first, middle-aged bloke chef). used to be a real treat going down there to take advantage of the two-fer-one deal on a tuesday. Sometimes managed to swallow three pints while they cooked, would totter home with hot cargo for bottle of Valpol and Holby City. Then they started using much cheaper ingredients (mushrooms, ham etc) and the magic was gone. Barely been in there since.