Most famous person I've seen in ED so far....

acaena Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i saw bob hoskins when they were making the long

> good friday the first couple of

> minnutes were shot in landells rd and the alleyway

> where the music shop is opposite

> darrel rd on upland rd near where the old police

> station used to be in the 70;s

> if this qualifies

Wasn't Robbie Coltrane in that ED Mona Lisa scene with Bob Hoskins? Presumably he was in East Dulwich for a few days too. Around 1984?

I was on a winning quiz team with Simon from TV's Trev and Simon at Dulwich Cricket Club a few weeks ago.

As if that wasn't thrilling enough, the quiz was hosted by the bloke from "Josse's Giants."

Our edge came because of my grilfriend's expert knowledge of magazine covers and because Simon remembered the Josse from their time on the 80's alternative comedy scene. Josse had a bit of a left-wing act which allowed us to take some very educated guesses at some of the more politicised questions.

Was anything funnier than "World of the Strange" and "Swing Your Pants"? I doubt it.

Are you sure they never lived there as I visited one of the houses on the estate many years ago and had my vehicle very carefully checked for bombs etc by some very serious looking and thorough police? No sign of Maggie though. The person I visited in the house said Maggie was a resident and that as a result their lives were a daily routine of armed police and searches everytime they went in and out. It was a long time ago though.

Jon Pienaar - BBC political correspondent lives near LL. While watching constant election coverage the other day, spotted him on TV in the best position outside the Cabinet Office waiting for the negotiators to rush out and say nothing. What a thankless job that was. Hope he's recovering now its all over!!!

Jo Brand shopping in the big Sainsbury's. It was like realising your teacher lives a real life. Shamefully, I stared at her...I think she must have developed coping strategies for this kind of behaviour.

Once upon a time (not in ED)I found myself gawping at Paul McCartney taking a morning stroll across Regents Park.....he actually said good morning..waaahhhh!

Good spotting this week and a half - goes without saying, James Nesbitt in Herne Hill, Kate thornton having her kids party at Dulwich Cafe (guy from Celeb Juice, Tamsin Outhwaite examples of other show type people in attendance). Jo Brand today making a right hand turn at Dulwich Library and getting beeped at by another driver whom she had displeased.....

I once was convinced I spotted Roland Gift out of The Fine Young Cannibals sitting outside the Black Cherry.

I copped the look of him on the passing-by of the upper deck of a 176 bus one evening.

I was informed by certain posters on here that it was likely as not a barman from the establishment, and not in fact Gift, who was last heard from horse-riding in New Zealand.

That's the trouble with this place, you supply good information and people just get all up in your face with so-called 'facts' an' stuff.

Not one o' them m*fos questioned why former Fine Young Cannibal Roland Gift might be working in a south London bar.

But that's OK, on the lightest of consideration, it's not like the world's awaiting a FYC reunion tour

Perhaps not even FYC are awaiting that eventuality.

Kate Thornton ? Jo Brand, yada yada yada. Don't forget your autograph books. This is London. Lots of people who act and some that don't live here. They have to live somewhere. Bet you all read Heat/OK/Hello.