Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

Hi all

Sorry to miss the last meet up yet again. I have been hopeless. I will definitely come to the next one on 3 November.

Re daytime meet ups - I am off work with my son this week so I would love a day time meet up. However, we are doing "settling in" at nursery, so mornings won't be great for us this week - an afternoon meet up will be easier (although you never know, he may love it and I can come for coffee on Tuesday/Wednesday morning baby free!).

Sara - I couldn't open your attachment.

Lindsay

Well done Sara, mat leave column is a good idea too!

I cannot open on here either but email attachment works fine.

So as Sara is 'working from home' on weds and pm might be more convenient for lily.. How about Wed pm? My daughter usually sleeps until 2:30 but she'll sleep in buggy too so can actually meet earlier and have an uninterrupted coffee before she wakes up.

Wednesday, Electrical Cafe at 2pm

Let me know thoughts!??

Anna x

P.s taking daughter to LondonTransportMuseum this week as half term activities on for under 5s so let me know if anyone fancies coming along to that too x

Hi all

Just playing catch up as haven't been on in a while.

I am also off work this week (as LillyD and I share a nanny and the nanny is on hols!). My son (Oliver) will be at nursery on Wednesday but happy to meet up for coffee then, i'll just be solo. Missmack, 2pm Wednesday at electrical cafe sounds great.

Also, if you wanted to do Tuesday morning too, Oliver and I will be around?

Steph

Sounds excellent to me... I have flu jab at The Gardens clinic - walk in from 4pm! I have arranged for deliveries to come on Wednesday though, so may have to dash back and forth to collect them!!

Re: spreadsheet - I think it should work if you right click and choose 'Save target as...'??

Hi All

Just rounding up my last day at work today!

I am then free... all week for daytime coffees etc! I think I saw a suggestion of 10.30 tomorrow? I have a midwife appointment at the Lanes at 11.30 unfortunately so it would make the coffee a bit too brief!

Hope all is well, I've spent the entire weekend lying down as now incapable of digesting any food, not pleasant!

Alix

I can't make a meet up this week but just to keep you up-to-date with the sleep consultant, she says she's happy to do evenings or weekends. I think there's a few of us interested and I may be able to rustle up more interest from friends of mine who aren't part of this thread. Anna/MissMack, if you're absolutely sure about holding the seminar at yours then that'd be really helpful - what a star! Now what about dates? Maybe in a couple of weeks to give others who may not have logged on recently the chance to catch up and join in if they fancy? Personally speaking I'm pretty free in the evenings and at weekends. Anna, if you can give us some possible dates that work for you then we can start getting something organised.

On a totally different note I've just been for reflexology with Kate Sedgwick. Pure bliss... Think there have been a number of threads about her on here before.

x

Hello everyone

I have been a bit busy of late. So I am sorry I might have missed some important info... Sleep consultant?! Wed 2 pm?!

I would be interested to hear from a sleep consultant although I have been lucky with my son and introduced a good routine from the start which really helped him to manage his sleep quite well. Of course there is the odd very early morning still, but all in all, I have been blessed with a good sleeper. Yet, you never know what number two might be like.

I can't do 2 pm any day as M still naps 2-3.30/4. And I do enjoy that break at home doing yoga or reading or working.

MC - about Kate Sedgwick, she is one of the therapists with who I have set up a brand new resource website: www.nestlondon.com

We are a group of local midwives and therapists addressing physical and emotional wellbeing issues from fertility, through pregnancy and birth, to motherhood.

Take a look.

Is Thur meeting still on, where?

Take a look.

Hi bee74

2pm Wednesday is the engineers cafe, coffee with (or in my case, without) toddlers for those off work. Think so far it is me, Missmack and LillyD. Not sure who else is around? Would be lovely to see others too.

Also think that there is an entry saying that evening meet ups are now every other week with the next one on 3 Nov.

I can't make 3 Nov as I'll be in Rome for a conference. I really want to come along to meet everyone so will have to wait til the 17th (?) Nov..... Seems such a long way off!!!

Steph

X

Hello everyone,

How I envy those starting maternity leave! Three more months left for me! But seriously, I hope everyone enjoys these last few weeks before the newborns arrive.

For Nic and others enquiring about meet ups - I think we are now doing every other week - always on a Thursday - and since we met last week that means we aren't due to meet this week (though there are of course some daytime meet ups being arranged).

Regarding venue - a couple of people last week thought it might be good to alternate between the Actress and the Gowlett since some people live closer to the Gowlett. Peronslly I think one regular venue might be less confusing but will go with the majority.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Caroline x

Thanks Caroline,

I couldn't find it in the thread anywhere, so thought I'd check as I now have my whole week virtually open! Won't be here next week, and have a dinner on Nov 17th, so sadly, I won't be able to attend the fortnightly evening meet ups until December :-(

Will be around for daytime catch ups this week and once I am back after Nov 7th.

Hope all mums and bumps are well!

Nic

P.S. Sara and Caroline, as we have had to move our trip, we will be missing the first ante-natal class next week, so will see you both on the 9th x

I may be able to pop along tomorrow at 2pm, as hubby "working from home". Just depends how much actual working he intends to do, as we may head out for the day, but if we end up staying round ED I'll come and say hi.

The Thursday night meets are sadly out for me, but as I'm at home with the kids I am around weekdays for coffee. Mornings I'm child free, 12 - 3ish it's just me and my 3.5 year old girl, so do let me know if you're arranging anything.

After a day at the Science Museum with what felt like half of London and their offspring I'm completely wrecked - for the first time ever, having been through 2 previous pregnancies, I have swollen ankles! Thankfully Mr Pickle has arrived home with M&S apple strudel (I've been won over by their TV ad) and I have a whole lot of easy to watch rubbish waiting for me on Sky+ :)

P x

Poor you Pickle, I thought I had gotten away with it, but my chubby chipolata fingers have finally made themselves known in the last couple of days!!! I have deliveries arriving tomorrow, but hopefully can pop along from 2pm to see those who are meeting at the Electrical Cafe.

N x

Hi all,

Looking forward to seeing those who can make it at the Electrical Cafe from 2pm tomorrow (Wed 26th).

I am hoping that my daughter will remain asleep in the buggy and I can get a good old natter in!

Providing all goes to plan tomorrow.. I shall aim to get there promptly and if i can't see anyone else, will try to grab a largeish space.. If you haven't been along to a meet up yet, I'll be the one with a black Apple ICandy buggy with snooze shade on (if child alseep) or a wriggling blonde 2 year old if she decides she wants to join us!

-Sorry Steph, only just read post about you being around this am!

I am more than happy to host the sleep meet. I have only just read the link though and max numbers is 20 people.. I would suggest that if number start to get that big that we split group into 2 session and someone else will have to host one or we find a larger venue.

I'd say I could comfortably accomodate 8 maximum.

With regards to dates, if you're suggesting 2 weeks time then I calculate that is the week beginning the 7th November (much later and little Mothercourage might have made an appearance!!).

I am trying to keep up with the pilates so Monday and Wed evenings are out, as is Tuesday evening and Sunday afternoon as this is when I collect/ take daughter to Grandma's and Granddad's Childminding services!

So Thurs or Friday evenings, Sat anytime or Sunday morning or evening.. Perhaps we can have a 'show of hands' to what suits.

I am not fussed either way.

Will sacrifice a pilates session if the options are too limiting for people.

I hope this jibbering post makes sense... I have work I should be doing and realise that this post is acting more as a distraction tactic!

Pickle- I've heard that Apple Strudel is actually a cure for swollen ankles so eat as mch as you can... for medicinal purposes!;-)

Anna

Apple strudels all round!

I'll kick off with dates: I can do Thurs 10th, Sat 12th (w/c 7th Nov) or 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th the following week.

bee 74, Mothercourage, MissMack, tomo, mikandnick and millymoo have all expressed an interest so far. Sorry if I've missed anyone - I'm trying to do this in a real rush. That means there's still room for two more...

Am off to North Norfolk for a few days (glamour!) so might be out of touch for a bit. Hope all are well and expanding nicely

x

Hi lovely ladies,

I'm so jealous of those that have started maternity leave! I'd love to meet up with you guys for a coffee during the day. Like Bellenden belle I still have 3 months to go and counting down.

I'm definitely still up for the sleep session. November is looking really good for me and could do any Thursday, Friday (evenings) and Saturday and Sunday's between the 10th and 27th of November. December looks a bit more difficult but there is a couple of dates I could do if necessary.

Thanks to mothercourage and missmack for organising.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Sal

Hi all,

Oh, am also SO jealous re those starting maternity leave now... mine starts in over 3 months... I think I was crazy when decided to start my ML only 2 weeks before due date... oh well - blame my stupid pregnant brain! :)

Unfortunately cant meet during the day but willdef meet you all on 3th Nov... acrually I also have the following week off as we are moving to a new house so if there are any catch ups during the day with coffee and cake (yum!) I will pop over.

See you shortly!

Di

Morning,

Apple strudel sounds perfect on this rainy autumnal day. Might have to get me some.

Well done on sorting out the sleep clinic Mothercourage and MissMack. I'm pretty flexible on dates, so any of the proposed dates that Mothercourage suggested works for me. The only dates I definitely can't do are 9th Nov and 28th Nov.

Hopefully see some of you next week, Mr Tomo is away in SA all of next week so will be needing an excuse to get me out the house. Have we decided on which venue yet?

Cxx

Hi, everyone--

I hope it's OK if I intrude in here even though I live in West Dulwich instead of ED--the WD forum seems really sparse and dull, not lively and helpful like this one!

My first baby is due 19 Feb, I'm still at work right now but about to get down to brass tacks on deciding when to start mat leave--all very confusing to me as I moved here from the US about a year ago and of course it is quite different here! I hope I can make it to a meetup sometime if you don't mind.

thanks

Kate

Hi all,

I'm also very jealous of mat leave people and am actually an imposter today! Back to work next week until the 19th dec where I get 2 weeks off for xmas then a week back at work before I go on official maternity leave on 9th Jan... Due day is 13th so baby might make other plans!

I had 6 weeks off before 1st baby's due date and found myself eating and watching mindless TV and thhinking of nothing apart from the new arrival to be! I was climbing the walls when she was a week late too..so this time I'm keeping myself well and truly busy!

From posts about sleep seminar, in those two weeks, Thurs 10th looks good for most as does Friday 18th or Sat 19th. That's actually my birthday weekend but as I'm stuck with a limited wine diet, I'm postponing for the foreseeable... And I sincerely doubt that partner has even considered romancing, proposing or whisking me away for a last minute 'babymoon' (wink wink elliot if you read this).

At least it's narrowed down to those 3 dates. Emma, how's course teacher fixed for those dates?

See some of you in a bit.. If I don't drown on the way.. Weather is SHOCKING :(

Hi all,

18th and 19th are definitely out for me as we will be in Devon unfortunately. I have something booked for the 10th, but might be able to get out of it if it ws the only date people could do. Are any of the Dads interested in joining this session btw, I know mine would be, however appreciate numbers are limited for this particular one!

I don't think I'm going to make it today after all as have just had a phone call from the significant other of a friend (Autumn babies club mum to be) who went into labour this morning, the midwife has just arrived and she's 9cm!!! I'm therefore on standby to take then to the hospital if need be!! A little too close to home now! If I'm not required, I'll pop down for a coffee. Hopefully, the sun will stay out for you!

Nicky