Scala Personal Training at Everyone Active (was Fusion), East Dulwich.

Giulio Scala

When I was looking for a PT back in February I followed the recommendations on this thread to train with Giulio and I'm so glad I did! He has managed to take me from a very unfit 40 year old mum of two to someone who is now much fitter and healthier (and happier with myself). I'm even training for a marathon thanks to his excellent coaching and support. All the comments above are true - Guilio's sessions are challenging but fun - just what I wanted in a PT. If you are looking for a trainer in East Dulwich you couldn't find better.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would also like to say thanks to the good people of EDF for recommending Giulio.

I decided it was high time I took serious action after 'the Baby years' and needed that little extra push to get me going. And the courage to even set foot in the free weights section populated with very fit people who look like they've been at it for years.

I've managed to do that in just 2 months with Giulio's guidance and persuasion.

So if you need a bit of help getting on track and a bit of confidence to face the gym, I would heartily recommend him.

Things you should know first though:

Giulio's sessions are extremely challenging.

It's hard, but it's varied (so you don't quite notice)

He takes you way out of your comfort zone, but coaxes you (so it feels do-able)

He'll tailor your programme and goals exactly to you, but is realistic (so he understands that real life happens too)

Ultimately he's a lovely person that can make you feel like getting fit is within your reach without being preachy or militant.

Book him while you can!

• 1 month later...

I've been training with Giulio for 18 months and continue to enjoy and value my sessions. Not only am I stronger, fitter, have improved posture and no longer suffer from niggling back aches, but Giulio has helped me to challenge my rather skewed image of what a healthy body looks like - no mean feat!

Be prepared to be challenged and work hard, but also to enjoy yourself thoroughly and, if you're anything like me, laugh your way through each hour session - Giulio has a super sense of humour.

I cannot recommend Scala Personal Training highly enough. Next stop, Bejing!

• 2 weeks later...

Like lots of men I'd tried getting fit on my own but every year seem to put on a few more pounds. Now in my early 40s a few pounds had become a stone or two. So when a friend recommended Giulio about 12 months ago I thought it was worth a try. Now I'm glad I get the chance to pass on that favor and recommend him here.

My main aim was just to get fit, have more energy and lose a little weight. What I didn't expect was to enjoy it, but like most people on these posts I find training with Giulio is one of the best parts of my week.

He works you hard, that?s true hard but keeps it interesting and understands just how far to push you. Most importantly though he keeps a smile on your face and isn't in the least bit intimidating.

Having Giulio train and motivate me has made all the difference. My fitness has improved massively, I've lost a stone in weight and I now feel fit and healthy with energy to spare.

I am glad I took my friends advice. If you?re looking for a personal trainer then I would definitely recommend giving Giulio a call.

My wife and I decided a year ago to take the plunge and get a personal trainer as we are both in our 50's and losing fitness. After a bit of searching we decided on Giulio (Scala Personal Training) who managed to find us a weekly slot and we haven't looked back since. I have lost one and a half stone (which was needed) and am now so much fitter. My wife likewise. Giulio is simply marvellous. He doesn't come out with any mumbo jumbo (which is a relief as we are both doctors) but just provides a common sense approach. He pushes you hard but in a very scientific way so as not to overstretch and injure oneself. Everything is done with great humour and charm. Both my wife and I believe that you simply couldn't find a better personal trainer than Giulio and recommend him without reservation. He is simply brilliant.

John and Jane

• 2 months later...
This man is a genius! Myself and my boyfriend have just finished personal training with Gulio. His way of getting us to change our mind set to exercising and healthy eating was astonishing! We were not the healthiest of people ? eating out, going out, drinking and gaining weight continuously without knowing. But he changed all that; its amazing how much he can teach you in an hour long session about nutrition which really hits home and makes sense all the while giving you a damn good work. I found muscles I never knew I had before! I?m not suggesting for one second that we don?t go out and have a good time but we have learned to have a balance between having a good time and exercise. And I really thank him for that. Between my partner and me we lost 3st 8lbs over all. Highly recommend!

• 1 month later...

Another recommendation for Guilio....

I trained with him for 8 months after my son was born to try and get my motivation back and started to notice results after just a few weeks (2 sessions per week). I found I just didn't have enough time to dedicate to the long road back to fitness and wanted a "quick fix". Guilio pushed me much harder than I would have pushed myself and kept me motivated each week. I originally intended to train with Guilio for 6-8 weeks and ended up booking weekly sessions for 10 months (until the morning sickness with baby #2 got too much!) I will definitely be getting back in touch with Guilio in 6 months!

• 1 month later...
Reaches the parts I never thought I had. Standing taller, running stronger, faster, longer ...! Challenging, effective, enjoyable - Giulio is a great motivator and every session bar none has been the real deal.

We have a celebrity trainer! Giulio gets a mention in Hello! Magazine.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/healthandbeauty/health-and-fitness/2013040511933/linda-barker-interview-bikini-splash/

Says Linda Barker...

"What do your gym workouts involve?

"I have a trainer and he's very punishing. He's a really nice guy called Giulio Scala and he does 20 minutes cardio with me so that I get my heart rate up and I get very hot and sweaty. Then we do a mixture of upper body, lower body, abs and core strength exercises. I think the thing is with having a trainer is that you just work out to your maximum all the time. He really pushes me to a limit that I certainly wouldn't push myself. I basically get punished for an hour but in the best possible way. He doesn't let me let up at all and it really works for me." "

• 1 month later...
Giulio is amazing. I've been working with him since April and he helped with my challenges - to get rid of the baby weight and get a figure fit for a wedding dress...in three months. Tick. I'm so pleased I met him as he's worked me hard twice a week but with a sense of humour, which is vital for me. He makes each session varied from before so I never get bored and pushes me much harder than I'd ever push myself. I planned to stop when I hit my goal but have decided to carry on. That says it all!

• 1 month later...
I had never set foot in a gym before, but signing up for sessions with Giulio was the best decision I made in 2012! He's helped me get fitter, I have much more energy, I now get excited about exercise and generally eating well, my posture has improved and I've made a good friend. Each session is different and pushes you to your limit and you feel great afterwards. I couldn't recommend him more - do it, give him a call!

• 3 weeks later...

Scala Personal Training is growing! As we continue to be inundated with new enquiries and there are only so many hours in the week, we are very pleased to announce that we have a new trainer on the team.

For more information please get in touch. Our website will also be updated in the very near future.

www.scalapersonaltraining.com

You can still book in the usual ways, ideally via email - [email protected] or on 07968 187 688.

New clients will of course be offered a free consultation session as usual.

Tired of my old routine and bored of the gym in general, I booked a few sessions with Giulio at Scala Training at the beginning of the year. It was the best New Years Resolution I made and I have to say, it has paid off. We did about 4 sessions and it set me up for a few months. I now do a refresher session every few months to reinvigorate my routine.

I'd highly recommend Giulio as you'll really enjoy working out with him - he's smart, he listens and is totally focused on your session and what you want to achieve. Yes, he is tough, he works you hard and I admire his attention to posture and technique. He's very positive and upbeat, and doesn't take himself too seriously.

• 3 weeks later...

From fat (118kg) and 44cm waist at 45 to fit (82kg) and 32cm waist and 47. In less than two years I've lost 36kg and got fit. That's all down to Giulio. Thank you!

Giulio put me at ease from our first session - he's a very good people person. Giulio knows what he's doing and is very good at it.

I've had trainers in the past and Giulio is in a league of his own. He makes me want to work hard. No two sessions are the same. Without realising it very quickly I was doing things I didn't think were possible - like pull-ups.

I have great respect for Giulio. He's a lovely bloke. He a great encourager. He gets results - look what he's done to me. Best way of spending time and money - if you measure that by how you look and feel. I've never had such great compliments from friends, family and colleagues - that's all down to the fab Giulio.

Great job - thank you!

• 1 month later...

Having used trainers for the last 15 years in various gyms Giulio beats them all. Despite being 40 something I've become the fittest I've ever been. There are times when I don't feel like exercising but Giulio keeps me motivated. I'm actually surprised how much I can do and yes I got a six pack for the first time in my life. There are many cut backs I could make in my life but Giulio would not be one of them. His knowledge, professionalism and motivational skills make my sessions mean something rather than just another gym visit lifting weights.

Brian

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to add my endorsement for Giulio! I've been training with him since summer 2012 aftere having my first baby and he got be back in shape quicker than I imagined would be possible. He gets more out of you than you'll ever think possible and is super motivating without being remotely bossy! I really enjoy the sessions and wouldn't be without them. Highly recommended.

Just wanted to add a recommendation for Giulio, he is a super nice guy and very efficient at getting results as many of the testimonials have mentioned but the best thing for me is that each week is different. He's got an In depth knowledge of a variety of training techniques, from weights to TRX to kettle bells and even getting me sprinting faster than I ever could.... For me having lots of these little challenges to tackle and master keeps it interesting both body and mind. Who'd have ever thought I'd look forward to Tuesday PT sessions! Highly recommended and someone I trust to keep me in shape for the foreseeable!

Jen

I started training with Giulio after doing ZERO exercise for about 15 years because I could never stick with anything. Two years later I'm still going every week without fail and still enjoying it (despite all the moaning and grief I give the poor man!). The results were so good that my husband soon signed on with Giulio too, and is transformed!!!

Giulio's such a super-nice guy with a great sense of humour so even when he's really pushing me and making me suffer, we somehow still have a laugh. Last year I managed to do a 10k run, something I never thought I would manage in a million years. Best money I've spent - I can't recommend him highly enough.

Just wanted to add a recommendation for Giulio. I started training with him when I was 10 weeks pregnant in a bid to safely keep fit and avoid too much weight gain. I trained with him until 37 weeks pregnant- I have since had the baby and was back to my pre-pregnancy weight within 3 weeks. I am sure the training really helped and it certainly helped me mentally particularly in the later weeks. I would definitely recommend training with Giulio to anyone who is pregnant or trying to get back into shape after a baby.

• 3 months later...
I've been training with Giulio for about a year and a half now and can't recommend him highly enough. It's my first experience with personal training - and has to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. I'm a 47 year old man and thanks to Giulio am now fitter and in better shape than I have been for 25 years, it really has been life changing. Sessions are always varied, meticulously planned and perfectly pitched. Absolutely brilliant trainer and really nice guy.

• 2 weeks later...