Tuesday 9th August - Any trouble affecting East Dulwich?

Do you think it will be safe walking up LL after work? I am trying to decide on how to get home? I dont want to meet any of "them lot" on LL if I choose to use ED Station, if buses stop running. I was looking at West Dulwich, but that may not be a good walk either!! Is the number 40 going, does anyone know? I am going towards the Forest Hill end of LL. (I had to create a second account, because I can't remember the password to the other account for Muffins78, nor can I access that email account temporarily - just in case you think its newbie posting)! Thanks! And hope everyone is okay

Hi,

Just been out by East Dulwich station.

It seems that all the local shops have closed early as a precaution.

The trains and buses are still running normally. However Grove vale and Dog kennel hill seem very quiet for 4pm.

beababies Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Shops on Lordship Lane are closing as a precaution, including Soup Dragon, apparently

> there is word from Camberwell that they are moving on from there to LL at 4pm.

There are no reports of anything happening at Camberwell, so there is nothing to move on.

There are buses, on the lane at the moment. I would say take normal route home, but be ready to walk if needs must. The rioters have won, we have had to close, because I am concerned about personal safety, for my colleagues and me. Products and windows can be replaced. Good luck all xx

We've heard of people apparently been told by police that they are closing major roads, and have heard LL is being closed. Is this true or is it a misinterpretation? It sounds odd that LL would be closed to traffic.

Any news on this?

Lloyds TSB by the library is closed today (on police advice). Huge queue at the Sainsbury's opposite and the PO/grocers were shutting up when I popped in 20 mins ago. Mag and a couple of shops are boarding up as a precaution. Suddenly I'm looking at members of the public and thinking 'are you loitering, or just calling a mate on the phone?', this is just so wrong.

Loz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> beababies Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Shops on Lordship Lane are closing as a

> precaution, including Soup Dragon, apparently

> > there is word from Camberwell that they are

> moving on from there to LL at 4pm.

>

> There are no reports of anything happening at

> Camberwell, so there is nothing to move on.

Sorry, that's what I was told by a LL shop that was told by someone in Camberwell. Difficult not to take all these "apparent" facts as a precaution as I'm finding that the news reports aren't keeping up with current situations!

Yes I think anyone should head home early. I just came back fro Waterloo on 176, all quiet apart from lots of police vans at the Elephant and a police presence, Walworth Rd. shops all shut (even McDonald's) and others still clearing up the damage from last night. Lordship lane shops pretty much all shut and shops in E. D. Road closed. Get home and batten down the hatches.

Amanda1979 - don't know about trains etc but buses seem normal at the mo. I'm on ED Road and the 37 and 484 still running. When I came through Camberwell it was quiet but still lots of buses moving. It feels quite normal out there: kids in the playground etc. so some of what we read might be baseless rumour, but on the other hand it might not. It's still early.

Just got bus home to ED from Denmark Hill. Nothing happening, people going about their daily business but quieter. Some shops/pubs boarded up or shut. EDT and Franklins still open. Local Sainsburys at top of Crystal Palace Road is open so got some supplies, bit of a queue.

Just back from Peckham all the shops closed and family members are standing outside shuttered shops ready to defend them if necessary. An encouraging We Love Peckham post it board on the boarded up Poundland window has become a focal point for the good citizens to congregate around. Occasional tired looking but grinning hoodies who are obviously delighted inside at what they have wrought. Hopefully if they step out of line heads will be majorly cracked tonight. Bring on the rubber bullets.

I've just come home from London Bridge to Forest Hill on the train. Driver announced that all stations currenly open but worth checking with Southern before you set off. Some police in Forest Hill but otherwise quiet, if a little tense. Wishing everyone a safe journey home.

Hi

I have just got home - not worth staying late at work this evening - I hope your employers can be understanding like mine - now just need to persuade boyfriend to do the same thing!!

Just to let you know that I used the east london line and got off at Honor Oak and then walked to east dulwich -underhill road. All seemed calm - this was around 15 mins ago. This route might be better for people if you work in canary wharf or even the city. If work in Canary Wharf you get jubilee to canada water then east london line to honor oak and then walk back to East Dulwich.

Can I just say that this forum has been extremely useful over the last few days - I really do not know what I would hvae done without it. I really hope things calm down this evening.

Stay safe everyone

Gemma

Can anyone help?

@JacksSE22

Di & Alex Glen

CAN ANYBODY HELP???! I need to board Jacks up on Pellatt Road, Alex is in Croydon putting fires out. I have no boards :O(

https://twitter.com/#!/jacksse22/status/100958267110457344

Edited to add: Just posting in response to a message I saw a few minutes ago on twitter. Possibly best to contact them directly. Phone no from website is 0207 1839135