-------------------------------------------------------

> Loutwo Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I have a few dream wish list locations

>

> Are they vacant?

Lou, we could knock your house down and build a wethersoons where it was

I have been a Member of Campaign for Real Ale CAMRA for many years. 25+ ??

Every Year I get 40 Vouchers for (currently) 50p off of a pint of Real Ale or Real Cider

in any participating Weatherspoons Pub.

I have never used these as I Never use any Spoons Pub. Just not a fan.

Foxy

DulwichFox Wrote:

> I have been a Member of Campaign for Real Ale

> CAMRA for many years. 25+ ??

>

> Every Year I get 40 Vouchers for (currently) 50p

> off of a pint of Real Ale or Real Cider

> in any participating Weatherspoons Pub.

>

> I have never used these as I Never use any Spoons

> Pub. Just not a fan.

>

> Foxy

Love them or hate them, spoons are very supportive of CAMRA and always offer decent local ales at reasonable prices. Something certain other chains should take note of.

I get that a Wetherspoons isn?t everyone?s cup of tea, often void of personality, but at least they do cater for a wider audience. As chains go, they?re not bad at offering value for money.

Louisa.

I am scared to go into Wetherspoons because I don't like the yellow vests or pitbull dogs. Sometimes I have to brush the scaffolder's ching crumbs off the toilet seat and the flashing lights from the fruit machines hurt my head.

> Have you tried the Dulwich Constitutional club,

> I believe their drinks are reasonable.

I've been in there for the occasional public meeting but they still remain a bit of a mystery to me. They say they're a private members' club, and offer little sign of publicising or inviting membership. http://www.dcclublondon.co.uk/ Their premises licence permits supply of drinks to members (of 'a club'). http://app.southwark.gov.uk/licensing/LicPremisesGrantedDetails.asp?systemkey=842978

A local forum provided a little more information: https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,52432,52900, https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,876431.

Would love a spoons in East Dulwich. I basically cant afford any of the pubs, apart from the odd few in the EDT, but Antic's prices have really crept up in the last couple of years too.

It is never going to happen though! Spoons are closing pubs around inner south London, not opening them. In the space of 3 months alone recently, they closed the Balham one and the Crown and Sceptre in Streatham Hill. Rent rises apparently.

Frankly, East Dulwich is too a fancy area for Spoons.

fishbiscuits Wrote:

> Petition for a Wetherspoons. Haha. Very good.

> Because that's exactly how it works... pester them

> and they'll magically conjure up a suitable

> premises.

>

> The Grove Tavern is a TERRIBLE location for a pub.

> Awful. Shite. It will never, ever be a pub again.

> Flats or a small Tesco seem like the likely future

> for that place.

It used to look welcoming when you drove around the south circular

Could easily be a bikers pub :)

ianr Wrote:

> > Have you tried the Dulwich Constitutional club,

> > I believe their drinks are reasonable.

>

> I've been in there for the occasional public

> meeting but they still remain a bit of a mystery

> to me. They say they're a private members' club,

> and offer little sign of publicising or inviting

> membership. http://www.dcclublondon.co.uk/ Their

> premises licence permits supply of drinks to

> members (of 'a club').

> http://app.southwark.gov.uk/licensing/LicPremisesG

> rantedDetails.asp?systemkey=842978

>

> A local forum provided a little more information:

> https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?

> 5,52432,52900,

> https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?

> 30,876431.

I overheard a conversation in Jazz Barbers yesterday of a guy who im pretty sure said he manages this place. He was saying it is going to close imminently as the building is worth ?10 million, and has presumably been sold.

fishbiscuits Wrote:

> Yes - much cheaper. I think around ?2.50 for a

> pint of ale, which would cost ?4 + anywhere else

> round here.

The EDT has Vodens Session (there own Brewery) at ?3.30 a pint. and its very good.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

> The EDT has Vodens Session (there own Brewery) at ?3.30 a pint. and its very good.

Top tip... thanks!

peckman Wrote:

> Terrible location for a pub .. maybe in the era of drink driving but not now !

Yeah, that's pretty much the problem. It could be a local for the immediate area, but nobody else is going to make the journey especially. I seem to remember only recently, there were rumours of a drive-through McDs...

Abe_froeman Wrote:

> Lots of snobs posting in this thread.

Doesn?t surprise me with all the Clapham intake. Then again, Clapham has a couple of spoons, and they do very well for themselves. Maybe it?s just the wannabe nature of some locals. They?d like to aspire to Mayfair, but can barely afford Clapham or Battersea, so get stuck round here. Doesn?t mean the rest of us should suffer and pay astronomical prices though.

As I?ve said previously, spoons serves a wide audience, it would naturally perform well around here. It may even boost the night life culture.

Louisa.

This whole thread was always going to be all about "look at me, I'm so down-to-earth, everyone else is an idiotic snob/wannabe"

We all know there's not going to be any ridiculous petition, it's just about YOU, making the same old tedious point. Again and again.

Finally you play your hand, with the same old snide insults that you so love to regurgitate.

Thoroughly unpleasant character. I hope you vomit on your ?2.50 brexit beer.