Saucy open from today ...for good!

its great that after many years living locally, Micky Flanagan has finally chosen to register on the EDF....drawn out of anonymity to comment about Saucy, an issue he just couldn't stay silent on for a moment longer. And he's even used his real name as his handle.

Went in with the Mrs. and little one Saturday. Chilli cheese dog, chicken tenders, cheesy chips and Mac n' cheese. All absolutely delicious. Will be going back regularly. Awesome addition to the high street, wish you the best !

Finally... someone posting something relevant to the topic....! Any place which sells Mac n? Cheese can?t be bad...!

EDNate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Went in with the Mrs. and little one Saturday.

> Chilli cheese dog, chicken tenders, cheesy chips

> and Mac n' cheese. All absolutely delicious. Will

> be going back regularly. Awesome addition to the

> high street, wish you the best !

I've had one delicious soft serve ice cream from there with the best toppings; the service was so lovely and they gave my little one a freebie so...they've secured us as loyal customers! Can't wait to try the full menu.

• 2 weeks later...

peckman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Nice to see positive feedback ! If you dont like

> the prices etc dont comment on a clearly

> independant business - stop sniping !!

I think it's a fair thing to give feedback whether it's good or bad, especially if things like price is a deciding factor as to whether you are going to give your custom to an establishment.

To say "If you don't like the prices etc dont comment" is just silly.

Following the google reviews, seems it's a mixed bag (a good thing if you ask me!). Some love it,some don't, some are yet to be swayed.

Hoping they continue grow and get more established in the area after all the hard work that's been put in to a difficult site.

To add some balance - we were a group of burger lovers and did not rate it I'm afraid. Helpful staff and really good chips but that was all - we found the burgers a let down. Wish them luck but not for us.

We were looking forward to trying Saucy out, but having lingered a little too long over the Guinness in Franklins, arrived hungry just at 9pm on Saturday (I think it was) to find only a drinks menu outside and that they had closed the kitchen.

Fair enough, they explained it was because the chef had been working hard all day, but we were disappointed. They said they had done their best to publicise the 9pm close, but neither of us had seen anything anywhere?

We had another good meal at Monkatsu, though, so all was not lost :)

Looking forward to trying Saucy out at some future point, ensuring we arrive earlier in the evening this time!

Went a couple of weeks ago. Much as I wish them well, I was a little bit 'meh'....might go back, but wouldn't rush...

Positives:

Soft Serve bar - kids loved it

The bearded manager

The mac-cheese

The space/feel of the restaurant

Less than positives:

We tried their 'signature' chip dish which apparently successfully sold by their chip truck at festivals. Perhaps the concept doesn't translate well for restaurants with larger menus where more pre-prep is required. As I dont really see the point in triple cooking chips, only to have them sitting in a pre-prepared metal dish swimming in gravy and covered in cheese for what was clearly ages, waiting to be warmed up - the soggyness/stodgyness of the chips defeats the purpose of the triple cook in the first place. Perhaps it works if served from the truck and they ladle gravy and then grill cheese as they serve you - so the chips are still crispy and feel fresh. But this felt more like a cheese topped beef pie, with very soggy/stodgy chips instead of soggy pastry. Perhaps this is what they're supposed to be like (and on a hangover at a festival, it might be right on the money), or perhaps they need to adjust the process to not pre-prepare this dish?

Rest of the food was fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wanted to give my honest review as I didn't have the burgers, but instead ate the Brit Dog and had chips with gravy and cheese.

I have to say it rates as one of the top dogs I've had. Really fresh and tasty, good bun and nice sausage (see pic). The cheesy, gravy chips may not be to everyone's taste (obviously most people prefer plain chips) but I polished them off easily - think they'd be good after a hangover! The soft serve ice cream was really lovely too.

I hope it does well. :)