Revised new - M&S planning application to replace Iceland..

James Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry. Frustrating to see A Peckham Rye councillor

> talking about a Lordship Lane issue so far from

> the area they represent.

Cool story bro. So how do I go about expressing my support for the new M & S?

Er I live in Peckham Rye Ward and Lordship lane is 10 minutes away and is therefore my local shopping /Eating street. I'm Glad Renata is taking an interest. I seem to recall James going on about Streets of Forest Hill Road which are far further from his ward than I live from LL. Ofcourse when James is doing it is for the "common good" or some such, and when Renata does it it too far for her to be involved. James please stop your hippocritical squabling.

Lishyloo Wrote:

Stuff m&s if people on here think they are too good to shop in Iceland then they have serious issues with them selfs

the-e-dealer Wrote:

> Lushyloo ? Is there a published list of shops that

> are ok to use? or are you making this up as you

> go?

Good try the-e-dealer. However, your basic mastery of posh stuff like grammar, syntax and spelling mark you out as someone who has serious issues with your selfs, and thus you do not merit a reply. Just be happy eating impossibly cheap food that massively increases your selfs chances of cancer and other serious health problems.

Salsaboy - fair enough, maybe a tad harsh style-wise but I am making a serious point and I don't see why it's ok to (idiotically) attack anything that vaguely smacks of being middle class or aspirational but not to return fire.

I'd like to know how much Payless charge for 8 orange flavoured lucozades? Bet they can't beat Iceland. And do they sell veggie burgers and other veggie things for ?1 each?

I hope Iceland stays and any local trader who thinks that an M&S will bring more business to the area must be barking mad. Who would want to drive to ED to shop there when there is so little parking space?

Why are most people focussing on what Brand the new store will be? It will remove 17 car parking spaces and increase car parking demand. This will have a huge negative impact on the local streets. Please consider this and consider putting in comment to the Planners.

Losing respect for James Barber - are you serious? It's 10 mins walk max.

That aside, interesting that you feel you are with remit to comment on issues on Forest Hill Road (the road that borders Peckham Rye common) but you deny that the Peckham Councillor has any right to have a say as its "so far away from the area they represent". Are you having a laugh?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi trinity,

I've been away for a few days. I've just reported the Pelican crossing on forest Hill Road for not working.

Weird that TfL should blank you. Can you please email me your experiences and I'll then forward that to my TfL contact asking how they'll improve things for future helpful citizens.

--------------------

Regards [email protected]

07903 964130

Liberal Democrat Councillor for East Dulwich Ward

[www.jamesbarber.org.uk]

[twitter.com]

James Barber Wrote:

> Sorry. Frustrating to see A Peckham Rye councillor

> talking about a Lordship Lane issue so far from

> the area they represent.

What I am on about is that currently Iceland has a car park with 17 spaces. The proposals will have no car park. Given this parking is used at 100% capacity on a weekend that puts more demand on local roads for parking. We need a balance of parking demand that also meets residents needs. I don't want CPZs as that hits the traders.

MP you're wrong about CPZ. Whilst the smug admirable will walk or even jumpp on a bus and find it impossible to believe many people from SE21, Se24 and Se23 just won't bother popping down to LL if they can't park that easily anymore, it's not that much of a draw and our local independents struggling on thin margins can't survive on SE22s fit, worthy and mobile alone. Peckahm and Walworth Road are relatively recent shopping areas they used to be more socially (and retail) diverse before teh CPZs abd parking nazi's puty off the significant 'lazy' indifferents

The 17 parking spaces is a stupid Red Herring agreed. I live right by both Nortjcross and although it;'s bit hectic Saturday lunch I can always park at least one street away,