Panic buying hits DKH Sainsburys

edbloke

Shop cleared out at 11.30 am

No cleaning products at all only floor wipes and polish.

Pasta all gone. Drinks all gone.

Beans tomatoes all gone it disgusting.

There was andrax toilet roll but it was cleared out when a greedy woman got 25 16 roll packs

Even all the cornflakes are gone.

Its not fair to people who just get a few bits every week and who eat basic food as it is..

Morrisons is the same

No pasta, rice, tinned tomatoes, frozen meat & fish limited,canned pulses & fish also limited. Plenty of fresh fruit and veg. Even sweet biscuits almost zero.

One does wonder how the elderly are managing or going to manage.

Didn?t get an answer about stock levels when I asked so no idea if above will be on shelves tomorrow.

How does one person need 400 rolls of loo paper???

gromit3:16 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Shop cleared out at 11.30 am

>

> No cleaning products at all only floor wipes and

> polish.

> Pasta all gone. Drinks all gone.

> Beans tomatoes all gone it disgusting.

>

> There was andrax toilet roll but it was cleared

> out when a greedy woman got 25 16 roll packs

>

> Even all the cornflakes are gone.

>

> Its not fair to people who just get a few bits

> every week and who eat basic food as it is..

>

>

> Morrisons is the same

The chaos continues and clearly the algorithm can't make head nor tail of what is happening or people are buying for "the end of the world", and busy as hell in there this lunchtime

Currently no loo rolls, no flour, hardly any sweet biscuits, minimal soup, no pasta, little bleach, minimal kitchen rolls, reduced jam, etc.

I wonder with all these people buying food products including flour and pasta, will they just horde them till they go out of date or fall in love with making bread and cooking again.

This could just be the start of a cure for obesity in the UK with people eating a better diet !

Or will they just call a delivery service and feel smug that they can survive the zombie apocalypse with their horde of tinned and dried goods.

Spartacus Wrote:

>

> Or will they just call a delivery service and feel

> smug that they can survive the zombie apocalypse

> with their horde of tinned and dried goods.

They won't be able to horde via a delivery service, at least if all the supermarkets are like Tesco.

I couldn't even get my cupboards back to the stock level they were before Christmas, because virtually everything is limited - you can only order a max number of items.

I don't know what would happen if you did a number of separate orders and ordered the max on each of them, but it would cost you a lot in delivery charges!

So silly to panic buy , I?d actually run out of loo rolls and went to 3 shops before I could buy some 1 pk of 9 I should add 🤣.and if things get bad a shout out on this lovely forum I?m sure someone would come to your rescue . Stay safe wash hands after every trip out . I wondered why the panic buying of toilet rolls apparently they are saying after hand washing dry with disposable tissue not towels.

singalto Wrote:

> I needed cat food so popped into Sainsburys DKH. I

> was surprised to see that it wasn?t just pasta,

> rice and loo rolls that had disappeared from the

> shelves but also cat food and litter, toothpaste

> and sanitary products! Weird...

Worst case scenario, cat food is suitable for human consumption. I doubt that Whiskas Risotto is going to be a thing anytime soon but y'know, if you can't get any pasta...