Panic buying hits DKH Sainsburys

edbloke

Now that Mr Johnson has spoken can anyone give any information if this news has prompted yet another raid on Sainsbury's.

I ask this as I have to take the bus to get there and do not want to spend time on a wasted trip.

I would appreciate and I am sure others will appreciate it if we could be kept up to date on the state of stocks.

I thank you

I just mentioned that it's nonsense to suggest that Indian (subcontinent) people are unhygienic just because of where they come from.

If you want to start a separate conversation about India, that's up to you.

Shivering swan1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Mate, are you suggesting that India is more

> hygienic than the U.K? Because if so, you are the

> ignorant one.

>

> As someone who has been to India, believe you me,

> they clearly do not wash their hands properly, as

> quite often after eating out, you'll experience

> terrible ring of fire and awful diarrhoea. Not so

> much after a fat curry in the U.K.

spider69 Wrote:

> Now that Mr Johnson has spoken can anyone give any

> information if this news has prompted yet another

> raid on Sainsbury's.

>

> I ask this as I have to take the bus to get there

> and do not want to spend time on a wasted trip.

>

> I would appreciate and I am sure others will

> appreciate it if we could be kept up to date on

> the state of stocks.

>

> I thank you

My wife has just returned from Sainsbury's the shop is stripped bare on all fronts.

She is not prone to bigging things up she said it was surreal.

One point if the shelves are bare how are the home deliveries being met, or do they get preference?

This cannot go on. Rationing must be applied to DKH. People are out of control managers are of no use.

So for those going into isolation this weekend, there is unlikely to be anything in DKH? Just wondering, I need to get a few bits for one of the last trips out - (I?m not stuck I can online shop for some things) - it will be surreal thinking ?i won?t see xyz for a number of months?. Guess we won?t take the simple things for granted...but on the most part, you can definitely also see how the community is trying to come together.. we are lucky!!

gromit3:16 Wrote:

> The communinity is not coming together, everyone

> out for themselves in all the supermarkets,

> teenagers couldn't care less about whats going on

> so long as they have their Netflix.

Ronald Reagan once said imagine if we get invaded by aliens and how everyone would pull together

Well it's the closest we've come since and some are and some aren't. Although I do watch netflix and am not a teen :)

Charles Notice Wrote:

> My wife has just returned from Sainsbury's the

> shop is stripped bare on all fronts.

>

> She is not prone to bigging things up she said it

> was surreal.

>

> One point if the shelves are bare how are the home

> deliveries being met, or do they get preference?

>

> This cannot go on. Rationing must be applied to

> DKH. People are out of control managers are of no

> use.

Anyone obviously hoarding (buying loads of toilet roll etc) should be asked to leave the store. It's absolutely pathetic, selfish and immoral.

I have to think about going shopping and having no car and having to use public transport I would appreciate knowing if anyone has gone to DKH today and whether it is worth even trying.

I am over 70 so making a food trip now is important. I can only carry so much in my trolly.

I have to agree with gromit it does seem that people are only in it for themselves and watching how they shop I cannot imagine it will change anytime soon.

Some people shop with thought for others but many in a certain age group have no consideration.

Sainsbury's seem to have no idea how to manage things.

Local Sainsbury by library told me that they are having daily deliveries - also mentioned that one has to get there when shop opens in morning. They were very helpful when customers asked what items were being delivered or wanting to know when certain items might be expected in. Think they are going to ration certain items.

Maybe those with cars could offer to get a good shop in for those who are vulnerable groups with no means of transport, who have to risk going shopping every few days, in the hope there might something on the shelves left for them?

Because at this rate, we are going to have to call in the Red Cross, just to make sure some people can still eat and stay well. Utterly ridiculous.

Now becoming a bit of a challenge to find kid's medicine (Calpol, Olbas oil) anywhere which is irritating.

If anyone's interested the Cheese Block has a decent stock of dried Garafolo pasta at a fairly reasonable price (?1.60 per pack) as of this morning (everywhere else stripped bare of the stuff)

No milk or eggs in addition to everything else that has been stripped bare in the last couple of weeks. Fruit and veg in short supply too. I agree that Sainsbury's management seem incapable of showing some leadership and guts by enforcing rationing of those items which are being bought in a frenzy of panic. However, they are not alone there as Bozo is missing in action too. Or lack of action.

At least if these item were rationed and the policy enforced, everyone would stand a chance of having what they need. Maybe they are scared of alienating those who are grabbing what they can, leaving everyone else to go hang. I fear that when the crisis subsides, there will be an unprecedented amount of food thrown away as the greedy and selfish clear out their stockpiles.

My wife is diabetic, as are many in this area, by stripping the shelves of fresh & healthy eating options these dirtbags are putting her long term health in danger along with others with the same condition. What little faith I had in people is now long gone. May they all burn in hell for all eternity!

ctovey Wrote:

> IF anyone's interested, Iceland in Rye Lane is

> open from 9-11am tomorrow solely for elderly

> customers

Given the way some people were barging past an elderly lady in Sainsbury's DKH yesterday to get to the loo rolls - I hope they have got some cops there

don't bother coming to this shop today, unless you want to eat light bulbs.

11.40 no vegetables , potatoes, no essential items there is no bread at all only a few bloomers which are rock hard. lots of smug 20 year olds having a good laugh at the empty shelves, most likely cause they ransacked the place. they have cleared out all the butter, cleaning products.

I'm trying to get a few bits for my mum so she doesn't have to keep going out, I'm now gonna have to galavant round Camberwell looking for basic items like bread milk and sugar.

the staff have no backbone, spineless like Boris Johnson huddled around in groups looking at empty shelves.

and surprise surprise, all the cases of beer is gone.

so are they all gonna be bleaching their toilets nowand scrubbing the floor with all the cleaning products they have. I don't think so. they'll do what they normally do and watch Netflix all day..