Dog fouling on pavements

Tiger, it is one of my bugbears. There are things you can do.

You can phone 020 7525 2000 to report it and it will be cleared.

You can phone the same number and ask for 'Bag it and bin it' signs to be painted on the ground near to where the fouling takes place.

You can speak to the person whose dog is fouling, pointing out that it's illegal, antisocial and potentially dangerous to people's health.

Writing on the EDF might help you vent your spleen, but it won't solve the problem of dog fouling. Nero

I'm with you Tiger Boy!

I live on one of the streets you mention and walked out my door to find a steaming mound right in the middle of my gate. It must be one particular f*****r with no manners.

I have a .22 and intend to use it.

On the owner not the dog.

Trainspotting: I sheee the beesht in my shights.... (+)

I regularly have dog shite on the pavement near my house.

Maybe some people in ED think they are too good to clean it up?!

No excuse considering the numerous dog waste bins that have been provided.

Also, dog mess is very dangerous for kids etc if the dogs have not been wormed - sort it out!

Quite often, the owners are the least approachable section of society and invariably their houndz will be of a breed that isnt famed for its playful nature - esp. with kids if you get my drift.Dogs are a fashion statement to many.

I see certain owners in the area letting their dogs off the leash in the fenced off basketball / 5 a side courts for a shit - presumably cos the poor feckin hound is liable to escape if its out in the open/attack people or dogs or the owners is just too stupid / lazy to actually take it out for a proper walk

but shitting in fenced off courts is possibly the lowest I have witnessed

Scum.

Responible dog owners do pick up after their dog :)

Over the past couple of months while out walking my dog I have had to dodge the dog shit on the pavements around Grove Vale, Ondine, Oglander. There are a lot of teenagers around with with 'staffs' off the lead and letting their dogs do what they want. I'm usually so concerned about their dog barking at us to ask them to pick up their dog's mess

Give it a go, Scotslass. Do you really think that the tools who let their dogs shit all over are the bien-pensant members of society who go onto a community internet board? Moaning about it on here is practically useless. (That's my main beef about this site. Lots of whining, with nowhere near as much action.) Nero

Unfortunately, there are two problems with that Nero - firstly, you have to see the offence take place, and secondly the people who think they don't need to pick up their dog are often (and I know this is a huge generalisation) not the type who look like they will react in a reasonable, rational way.

Yes I live on Marmora Road and have also noticed that there is an increased amount of dog mess everywhere - it really is disgusting. I often stumble home a bit worse for wear and have the misfortune of getting it all over my lovely wooden floor!!!

The rather lame BAG IT graffiti seems to be ignored.

Not all foulings-leavers are kids, or people who just don't care. I had to point out to a couple in the park that their dog had done a poo, as they weren't watching it when it wandered off. Even people who think of themselves as right-thinking can be careless, and threads like this are a good reminder.

Yes if you report it to the council (0207 525 2000), they come and clean it up within a day.

Or e-mail [email protected]

I can't understand people who have it outside their house and don't report it. Sometimes it gets cleaned up by the council, but just as often it gets trodden in and spread along the pavement making it worse! I certainly don't want anyone coming into my house bringing the dog mess in so I report it.

i too live in the grove vale, ondine area and i have noticed people thinking it is o.k for dogs to have a crap on the trees planted....sadly never actually seen the dog "drop off" but never the less they think as long as it is on some sort of earth it is o.k..shocking. All to ensure i have have social ettiquette in check what the situation with dogs pissing, are they allowed to do that anywhere?

spadetownboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> aah the memories,but so sensitive are persons to

> bagging a soft warm one,that you can actually buy

> a spray that turns it instantly into a cold hard

> one,much easier to pick up imho.

Spadetownboy, are you being serious? Where can i get this spray?! I was actually wondering whether such product existed!!

The thing is, people that pick up after their dogs will continue to do so and those who don't, won't. I regularly walk my friends dogs and often have to dodge turds on the way to the park. It's not pleasant, however I'm afraid that painting on the pavement and putting signs up will have no effect on those who are not bothered.

I always pick up after them, and get quite stressed when they're out of view in case I miss something and get reported/shouted out.

I suppose the only thing you can do is report people who blantantly don't do it and help those that are clearly trying.

Dog owner should be obliged by law to carry plastic bags when walking their dog, as simple as that. No bag = a fine!

If this was compulsory they may actually do the 'Bag it and bin it'.

Unrespectful dog owners are costing us a lot in taxes and are extremely bad for young children, so there should be no excuses there.

EDrant Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dog owner should be obliged by law to carry

> plastic bags when walking their dog, as simple as

> that. No bag = a fine!

> If this was compulsory they may actually do the

> 'Bag it and bin it'.

>

Sounds like a good idea to me