New restaurant

stacey-lyn Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dear Hazle and Alex,

> Since you mention your menu on page 5, as an aside, will there be varied and interesting

> vegetarian and gluten free options?

Can you actually have varied and interesting vegetarian and gluten free food?

Obviously yes. Considering the thousands of different kinds of fruit, vegetables, dairy and non-animal products in the world. You'll also have the benefit of being healthier and probably living longer... but forgive me, I digress.

Just because so many chefs' imaginations run no further than a mushroom risottos or goat's cheese tart.

Chirpie Wrote:

> Not sure of the name of the shop but the surveyor

> of meats name was George Abbott and the butcher

> James ridgewell

The Abbott-oir?

btw Heavy Toast sounds like the name of a band that would open for Spinal Tap

Yes we totally agree!!!

We have seen every single idea you have posted and there a quite a few that we like.

Over the next few days we will be talking about it and will hopefully have a name confirmed by the end of the week.

Really grateful of everyone's response.

Kind regards

Hazle and Alex

Have to admit, I LOVED the idea of calling it 'Crushed and Devalued'. So insider EDForum.

Also liked the idea of borrowing from its history. Well researched.

The New Green and Blue also has to be one of my faves. Ironically pretentious.

Hazleharman Wrote:

> Yes we totally agree!!!

> We have seen every single idea you have posted and

> there a quite a few that we like.

> Over the next few days we will be talking about it

> and will hopefully have a name confirmed by the

> end of the week.

>

> Really grateful of everyone's response.

>

> Kind regards

> Hazle and Alex

And the menu? Veg & GF?

Fayre = evokes the local, celebratory

Imbibe -- sort of the same, but with booze

small animals and flowers also work -- the Red Squirrel? Alliums -- starts with an a, from the garlic and onion family...Poppy, just cause I like them.

Or choose a local weed that people like to eat & seem to be willing to pay a fortune for(vs. smoke, though who knows?) -- Horse Radish ;)