> Sushi would appear to be a clear winner. I'm not

> sure why. Perhaps there's not enough mercury in

> the drinking water.

>

> (I'm willing to bet the PhatDhuc is where

> BellendenBelle had her spoon of mash experience,

> btw. Unless it was in El Bulli, in which case she

> can PRO (Phuc Right Off)

It is because you can get noodles, rice, burgers, meats, salads, curries etc in Dulwich but something like Sushi is not available and I have a mad craving for fresh fish and the likes, if a Sushi bar was not possible then a good seafood ( Lobster, Crab, Prawns, Fish restaurant would serve me well but not a fish and chip shop like sea cow). I like some good healthy food fare. A decent Turkish Restaurant would be great also as Hisar though cheap and cheerful is not fresh or authentic.

Problem with sushi and vietnamese is one burp and you're hungry again. Most of the stuff people say they want on here you can get within two miles of LL. This thread takes parochialism to new and exciting limits. A Strada where Locale is would though make my life whole and complete.

A worrying number of people on here wishing for chain restaurants. What is our obsession with the 'the known'!? Personally, I like a little variety, especially when it comes to food. London would be a sad place if there was only one restaurant chain per regional food type!

AcedOut - I'm with you - and it has been discussed many a time on here. Some people are anti, some pro-, some think a mix works best..... (I belive where a mix exists, it doesn't exist for long, just because all of the rates go waaay up - it's like saying Chelsea and Luton can exist in the same division)

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Ignore Ratty and her MacDonalds, this isn't bloody

> Croydon you know.

HER?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Alan Dale Wrote:

> Giraffe.

xxxxxx

I ate at Giraffe once (the South Bank one) and both the food and the service was absolute rubbish, I would never never go there again.

Not wishing to be negative at all :))

Sue Wrote:

> Alan Dale Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Giraffe.

>

> xxxxxx

>

> I ate at Giraffe once (the South Bank one) and

> both the food and the service was absolute

> rubbish, I would never never go there again.

I had the same experience two weeks ago (Heathrow Airport). My first and last time at Giraffe.

I just don't get the whole raw fish thing... Then again, I don't get the whole cooked fish thing either, so I'll just go and make a pancake.

In all seriousness, I had the idea of opening a creperie some years ago, and more recently have discussed it with Mrs Keef, but I just don't think I'd know where to start, or have the bottle.

Keef - you could start with a small mobile creperie. We hired one years ago in the Midlands fo a school fete.

Set it up on LL - or maybe the Warehouse thingy - if it goes well you'll hae a client base and can gradually grow and become a franchise at which point, almost, everyone of EDF will despise you!

Alan Dale Wrote:

> Asset Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > why should the kids have to settle for shit

> food

> > and crap service? What does that teach them?

>

> A balloon, a giraffe stirrer, a colouring book and

> a child friendly waiter may not be your idea of

> good service but my kids love it.

I wish I had been given a balloon, a giraffe stirrer and a colouring book to distract me from the food and service.

> Factor in some world music played loud enough to

> drown out there [sic] shouts and catchy enough to get

> them dancing on their high chairs and even the

> most normal burger becomes an exquisite culinary

> experience. The food is fine- not crap. The waiting staff are

> fun and friendly- definitely not crap.

Oh, I see: Sue and I must have been completely mistaken in our low opinions of Giraffe's food and service. I'd better go and withdraw that letter of complaint right away.

Thank you so much to the people correcting others' grammar and spelling when they quote them - it does make the thread so much easier to read :)):)):))

Memo to self: Double-check posts before posting or the whole of East Dulwich will think you are an illiterate (sic) dimbo.

:))