LOL Posts

Keef

On the latest "I broke the law, because I think I'm special, and got caught and want to whinge about it" thread...

Yeah well look what happened to the last bloke that tried to get people to be in his gang his gang his gang.

Naughty, but funny!

And

We were referring to ourselves

Very good M'am.

Never thought we'd get a Tony.London etc. in here, but...

"I enjoyed many a liaison in times of yore with Nadine from The Grove Tavern and Michelle from Berry Road and then there was that French bird from..........Sorry! I was just enjoying a trip down Mammory Lane!, she did havea great personality though.."

[as it was written] ;-)

Bloody marvellous :)

For me, this is up there:

Re: new craze in requesting thread lockdowns

Posted by: Mark Today, 08:16AM

I can remember when this forum was just East Dulwich locals having a good time, then outsiders came in from the er, outside and tried joining in the fun but just tainted it with their repetitive "days of old" speeches. Perhaps Admin could ban 'incomers' and make it the peaceful and tranquil island it once was, ok it won't be as big and diverse and progressive as it is now but I don't care because I just have happy memories which will come back to life if I had my way.

From the 'Town Hall Nazis Are Persecuting Me Just Because I Break The Odd Traffic Regulation Or Two' thread.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's usually at this point that someone says

> people like Asset and me are "holier than thou" or

> summat. Next time I see a road accident I'm going

> to go up to the driver and shake their hand for

> sticking it to the PC brigade...

Darling, amongst my set (many alas prematurely departed) I was quite the pioneer in moving to South London. A shortage of voice-over work in the petfood market meant I was forced to over-winter in Peckham in 1996, and I have not yet been able to work my passage northwards.

But I'm sure there are others with cause to be grateful for your largesse vis a vis the historical context.

fantastic

• 2 weeks later...
I loved it.

Me and friends arrived about 2pm to the beginning of the dog shows.

I made a carrot cake with added dates and walnuts and a rather a lot of lush topping.

To be frank I made two, but kept one for me.

What did anyone think of it? We went back to the stall about 30 mins later and it had all been sold!

Didn't see anyone clutching their stomachs and throwing up so should have been okay.

Anywayyyy I love the Fete. I don't care about the weather. It's just such a fun thing to do but looking at the entire crowd of people there I would not say it is representative of the good folk of Peckham Rye.

I am not a dog owner but I do love dogs and the dog show is always fun specially in these days when dogs and their owners are given bad press. I witnessed the deep joy of a mum and her two daughters when one of her labradors won a 4th prize waggiest tail prize. It just was a sunny moment. Let's be unPCly frank, the dog show did not include a representation of the dogs I see every day, either!

I spoke with a councillor about the police and the police did not come with their bus (though I was at the Police Ward Panel meet on Thursday when they said they would be) because apparently the police get a bit upset that no-one comes to their stall!

I think next year the local SaferNeighbourhoodTeams being the Council Wardens, the Park Wardens, the local SPCOs and police should have a stall. I will try to raise it when I see them and maybe the Friends could approach them too.

I did not see the Peckham Society stall. Did I miss it?

Who was the dog show judge? We wanted to appeal three decisions and ask for a doping test, the greyhound should have got the waggiest tail award but couldn't lift his tail once. Something Very Wrong!

A great afternoon.

As requested!

• 3 weeks later...

Gather ye wry asides while ye may, courtesy of AFN:

Posted by: fish September 27, 03:48PM

I was very sad to hear that Paul Newman has died, he was a very fine actor and we will never see the likes of him again. My condolences to his family and to all his fans.

Posted by: Keef September 27, 07:55PM

Color of money, 80s classic!

Posted by: AllforNun September 27, 08:00PM

He died in that too

Discussing the best Sunday curry buffet seems a bit like debating the "best" illness or the "best" Backstreet Boys song. They're all rubbish, but some are more tolerable than others.

I was always an "I want it that way" guy :-S

* hops off large steed *

* takes one glove off and slaps Keep once on each cheek *

"Annaj meant every word of that humility and absolutely NO irony was intended. I'm pretty sure..... I think..."

* climbs back on *

* overshoots and falls on other side of horse *

[some time passes]

* a "dignified" exit follows *

Quiz night. Before the chattering contestants start to eye your table, you move to the front bar - wilting from the sarcastic comments and the candle lights.

Seated at the bar you silently answer every overheard question, winning week after week. Special Subject Round this week: Transport. You remember some of the questions from three years ago. You decide not to award yourself the win, as it doesn't seem fair.

Eyes raised to the muted Sky Sports News, you realise you are lip-reading. You cannot remember when you learnt to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Clearly I'm a Ted Max fan

Grange Hill was a great in-depth look at how education can succeed or fail in raising the opportunities and horizons of young people. Often though, there is a sense of purposelessness, as these kids' backgrounds become hard to escape, drugs take hold, and teachers and the State boards seem apathetic and fatalistic about the prospects of their students.

American TV would never take on such issues in such depth.

Or have a flying sausage in the title sequence.

Funny indeed!

Glad you dragged this thread up, I made a note to self to do it this morning, and promptly lost my internal memo. Anyway, this was the reason.

Let's hope they're not liars like that 'Never Ending Story' lot.

When they did end I contacted the local trading standards department to complain.

I was reasonable I thought, inasmuch as my complaint against them was that if they had at least kept trading until I died then I would have been reasonably satisfied, but to cease trading under the 'Never Ending' banner while I was still over ground was an insult to my sense of fair play.

But of course petty beauracracy shunned my common sense, and I was told they could not support my complaint. Even to the point of one of the young pups I was dealing with telling me I was taking things too literally. I instantly parried that with a play on the word 'literary', but he told me that his supervisor was calling him. I riposted with 'What, time for your breastfeed, is it?' But he'd already gone.

Anyway, good luck to the new people and their venture, but if you call it anything with 'eternity' or 'forever' in the title, then I fear you will not have my tradeb. As Ian Hunter sings "Once bitten twice shy".

But that's another story.