Is it the end for...

KalamityKel

my beloved mobile fone?

It was the dead of night and KalamityKel was happily swimming around in her lovely luxurious bath... the time came to grab a towel and climb out (or rather pulling the plug and waiting for the water to drain before opening the door - yes I have a posh bath!) and in doing so somehow managed to knock fone AND book into the bath. Upon rescuing both objects (surprisingly the book didnt get too wet) my little fone suffered a fair drowning. I stripped it of all its important bits - battery, sim etc, towelled it off and left it to dry by the side for a while before attempting cpr...

After a while I thought I'd check out the damage. Inserted various bits back into it. I tell you it was trying to speak to me - the flash kept flashing and the vibrating motor kept well, vibrating. Then, sadly all light and life went out of it. No, aside from me cursing the loss of some very important info on the thing I decided to be sensible about all of this. It was obviously too soon to turn it off... I'd try again later...

Left it a few hours (I couldnt sleep through the worry!) tried it again and ooooo it came back to life... altho some of the buttons were slow to respond. Mind at rest I went to sleep.

This morning brings a different story. :( the keypad now refuses to respond to my touch (I know theres always a first!).

Is this the end?

Is there anyway I can rescue the information stored on it? It a Samsung D600 with loads of leads and stuff used for downloading and such but can I plug in various bits wivout have to use the keypad for navigation?

I'm so heart broken here :(

Try putting the whole thing into a bag of rice - sounds ridiculous but the rice will soak up any last remnents of moisture - might be too late now but worth a try - it worked for me when I gave my phone a dunking and they REALLY don't like getting wet.

Another suggestion or two for getting outthe last bits of moisture is to put it on a radiator or in an airing cupboard.

although, time is of the essence ith these methods. However, you have nothing to lose.

I have dropped five phones down the toilet (don't ask what I was doing), and one in a pint, and they have surviived thanks to these methods.

Ive had a similar problem but not quite the same level of drowning I fear but I took it apart and used a hairdryer which got rid of any last moisture.. It then worked for quite a while but I did end up having to replace it but it gave me a chance to get all of my important stuff of it..

When a phone of mine got soaked it took a couple of days to sort itself out, but it got there eventually...

May I suggest that if it turns on again at all, you just hook it straight up to the computer and salvage what files you can.

Dropped one of mine in a pub loo last year (don't ask) and after about a week of problems it eventually died a slow and probably very painful death. I took it back to the shop and they managed to save all my data. I take it you're on contract and insured? If so just get an upgrade and it won't cost you a penny.

I'm so glad its not just me that's dropped their phone down the loo - I put a 'dunking' earlier because I felt such an idiot - obviously there are lots of us.....

Mine is still working a couple of months later - good stuff that rice.

giggirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Trigonometry was never my thang but it seems to me

> that you would need to be leaning a fair way down

> the porcelain

The cistern is the ledgy bit at the top where you put the crocheted lady with the extra toilet role up her bum.