Petty Annoyances

Moos

I believe this time of year, when christmas starts up despite the fact that it's still the eleventh month of the year, should be called No-Fucking-Vember.

Might help get the point across.

Deck the halls... No, it's No-*&$king-Vember.

Done your shopping yet? No, it's No-F&@#ing-Vember!

Etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Lasagne.

Or more specifically the fact that despite the industry standard size for lasagne sheets being x, lasagne dish manufacturers seem incapable of making a dish that fits a whole number of sheets (i.e. it is always 2x + 1/3x). So I have to then try and break the sheets into thirds to try and fill gaps.

Argh. It says "Lasagne" on the dish ffs. Measure the dried sheets before going into production you berks!

Let me cook in peace.

• 2 months later...

bigbadwolf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Missed breakfast today did we Atila?

No, I hate the way people shovel nasty smelling stuff that passes for food in their faces, why not make time to eat before you come out and inflict such nastiness on an unsuspecting public. Do they not have dining chairs and tables at home? Yet another example of how society is going down the shit hole. Manners, morality, sense of social responsibility, all gone down the crapper. There,..... I feel much better now.

Keef Wrote:

> Line managers who have no idea how to talk to a

> person!

Speaking as a man manager of many years standing, I can relate to this. I have reported mostly to either senior managers, directors or CEO's. It's strange how the higher up the laddder they go, the more divorced they become from reality. I remember one director asking me and my team while we were out on a "team" do, what we were going to be doing over the weekend. Most of us muttered that we weren't sure, he said "I've just been on a Formula 1 weekend in Monaco, it cost me ?4,000, I thoroughly recommend it to you all". Clearly the fact that most of the people who reported to me and ultimately him, were only taking home about ?1200 a month at the time had escaped his attention. What a tool!!!

Atila Reincarnate Wrote:

Yet

> another example of how society is going down the

> shit hole. Manners, morality, sense of social

> responsibility, all gone down the crapper.

> There,..... I feel much better now.

I blame video games, Thatcher, The EU, organic farming, New Labour and Jeremy Clarkson.

Brendan Wrote:

> Atila Reincarnate Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> Yet

> > another example of how society is going down

> the

> > shit hole. Manners, morality, sense of social

> > responsibility, all gone down the crapper.

> > There,..... I feel much better now.

>

>

> I blame video games, Thatcher, The EU, organic

> farming, New Labour and Jeremy Clarkson.

Nah Clarkson is a Legend, he doesn't care who he upsets

People who have clearly missed a train (you can hear the doors beeping), but who will still try to hove their way through a tide of 100 people, rather than just standing aside, letting the crowd go, then strolling down to the platform to wait for the next train... Always feel like* tripping them down the bloody stairs!

* but just for the record, never would!!!

Posted by: giggirl Today, 01:12PM

It's a slippery slope though isn't it Mikecg? I love the English language and I want to see it used properly.

On the other hand, I accept what you say about the spelling Nazis; I've seen instances where people have corrected other people's English in a sly way. It's not clever to belittle people. Who the heck has the time to read everything through three times before posting (I do that for a living, the forum is supposed to be light-relief).

I have a growing hatred of texting and it niggles when people write text-speak. Whatever became of the petty annoyances thread? We should get that back up and running.

Here it is back for you Giggi.

Your obedient servant

citizenED Wrote:

> Those coffee jugs you get at conferences: twist to

> top to find the right position for pouring and

> risk the whole thing falling off as you pour or

> look like a nerd and take the top off completely

> in the first place.

And then the liquid within goes cold, and then of course it's you that causes the 'lukewarm' coffee break because of course you couldn't resist a 'swifty' on the way back from a 'brainstorm', could you?

Well, could you? Thereafter you notice no one wants to be in a group with you. Networking? How do, networking.

You go back to work the next day and suggest the conference was a waste of time.

But the truth resides in you, chides you. Colleagues are easily gulled. Yourself not so.

And you go home and you cry and you want to die.

At each place setting, a pen made of recycled cardboard bearing the name of the conference's Platinum Sponsor lies on a thin A4 block of grid-lined paper.

Every six places on the conference room tables are two bottles of room-temperature Hildon water (one still, one sparkling), and a bowl of boiled sweets in lurid colours.

The WiFi connection refuses to authenticate you, although everyone else seems to be tapping away no bother.

But it's too late to do anything about checking the key because the keynote speaker has started. As her laptop is connected to the projector you notice her powerpoint deck has 68 slides. And clip art.

Your mind turns to the decisions you made in your career that have brought you here. Regrets cloud in like sea mist at the end of an early summer's day.