Best Curry in East Dulwich

ms_1316

Guess it's different folks and all that. I love Ganapatti, but did have one bad meal in there, so bad nights can happen.

Totally agree with Tillie that the menu is limited, I don't like fish, which doesn't leave me with that many options, but the chicken dishes are awesome! I also love the garlic chutney they do with the popadoms, and they sell jars of it.

Still, it is in Peckham, and I wouldn't really put it in with all the curry houses, as it's not a curry house.

Not been to Omrith yet, think it's hard to name a winner, thing it was MikeP who said that it basically depends what you're ordering, all of them have their good dishes. Most recently I've enjoyed Curry Cabin.

Asset Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well if you're after something like a bog standard

> vindaloo or a biryani, Ganapati isn't the place to

> go.

>

> If you're after really excellent Indian food which

> tastes of something other than chilli and curry

> powder, then Ganapati is the place to go.

>

>

>

> Somewhat patronising don't you think Sue? You are

> implying that I don't know what I'm talking about.

xxxxx

Wasn't my intention to be patronising, just rather surprised anybody who liked Indian food could not rate Ganapati, sorry if I offended you :-$

Being Diwali yesterday, I celebrated with a home made Chicken and Prawn Curry.... have to say that when I am not cooking I don't use curry houses in the area (apart from Ganapati) as they just don't have the authentic flavours of India that I love when I visit the country...

Ganapati gets my vote every time for that simple fact.

Now after last nights curry does anyone have any chilled or frozen toilet rolls I can borrow in a hurry !!! :X

PS Also love the Banana Leaf in Croydon, but that is a bit far to go....

Has anyone used Spice Republic recently? We used to use them a lot as they had lots of tasty veggie quorn type things, but the last one we had was really quite poor so we haven't bothered since.

Have tried Omrith and it's very good although they did manage to give us the wrong delivery on two occassions - I always check it now before they leave.

Have recently started using Jaflong which we have been impressed with. I judge a lot of take-outs on the quality of their dhal and Jaflong's is tip top!

Ive eaten at The Mirash on numerous occasions and never been let down. I havent tried any other ED curry houses yet as Ive stuck to the one I know - loyalty and all that esp as ive never had any complaints. Its certainly a cut above some of those down Brick Lane.

The vegetable dansak and tandoori trout dishes are my favourite.

Paul Talling

www.derelictlondon.com

I like the Mirash - it is a very traditional curry house, probably now the last of the old-fashioned style Indian restaurants left in the area. There are no bad Indian restaurants in the area, its an issue of personal taste. The great thing is that you can try each one, guaranteed of an acceptable meal and then chose your own favourites.

Finally tried the Coriander. Crockery, cutlery and decor are very nice and so was the food, it wasn't very busy though for people eating in. I was surprised how many deliveries and takeaways they had going on though. We wondered to ourselves how come in ED there are no FEMALE indian waiters (or is it still waitresses nowadays) though. Pretty sure that would go down well. Good place.(tu)