Guilty Pleasures

Keef

I was sure this thread already existed, but can't find it.

Anyway, fess up to your guilty pleasures, be it songs, films, or whatever.

About a week ago, I heard THIS on the radio or somewhere, and it has been an ear worm. But I have also realised just what a lovely song I think it is!

I like the video too.

NOTE: The author of this post is NOT a Will Young fan, and this song is an exception!

I'm sure I'll be back with loads more, but I'm off to listen to some rock music and drink beer!

flappers Wrote:

infact how about We Can't Dance by Genesis the whole album . in all it's glory especially Fading Lights , their glorious 8 minute swansong and a nod back to their prog glory days . :)

THANK YOU! You have just reminded me of a great "TLS" phase when I went out with a Kenyan Woman,and thus met her Sister,best friend,cousins,friends,friends of cousins etc...

She settled (and introduced me to) Earls Court and it was a verypleasant period and this Album was her favourite and soon became a great love of mine,particularly "Fading Lights"(turn the lights OUT to listen) .

The whole Album was excellent.

Shame she left me for a married German Banker and moved to Zurich in around Late 1990's:-$ but it was good while it lasted!:)-D

"No Son of Mine" ? 6:40 EXCELLENT

"Jesus He Knows Me" ? 4:16 EXCELLENT

"Driving the Last Spike" ? 10:08 Good

"I Can't Dance" ? 4:01 Good

"Never a Time" ? 3:50 Very Good

"Dreaming While You Sleep" ? 7:16 Good

"Tell Me Why" ? 4:58 EXCELLENT

"Living Forever" ? 5:41 Very Good

"Hold on My Heart" ? 4:38 EXCELLENT

"Way of the World" ? 5:37 EXCELLENT

"Since I Lost You" ? 4:09 Very Good

"Fading Lights FIRST CLASS!!

If you are ever in a great mood then play "Way Of The World" a few times and sing-a-long at the top of your voice,like I just have!...Thanks for reminding me about this great Album!

p.s As I'm in such a great mood its got to be "Good Old Dreams" by The Carpenters next>:D<

To me Genesis are just a bunch of poncey, ex public schoolboys (Charterhouse I think) and some failed ex child actor on the drums. I thought the gorilla was better looking on that crap ad. So not a proper guilty pleasure, more an acceptance of the domination of the ruling classes over us proles. The fact they are all far, far wealthier than I will ever be, better looking and musically more talented has no influence on my jealousy, er objective opinion I mean. Meanwhile the Carpentas can only be a guilty pleasure.

First saw Genesis in 1972 when they were supposed to be 2nd on the Bill to "Bell 'n Arc" but as they disbanded a few days earlier they made their "Top-Of-The-Bill" Debut at the 3,000 All-Standing Croydon Greyhound!

What A fabulous Venue that was and only 70 pence to see Roxy Music/Focus/Quo/MC Five/Stray/Argent/Rooster/Broughton/Uriah Heep/Colisseum/Golden Earring etc etc(tu)

I have so many guilty pleasures... but this was played at future sister-in-law's wedding at the weekend and I found sadly enough I could still sing along to it (msg to Keef - it might be on the ipod but not expecting a live performance of it come March..... although bet you guys could do it really well!!)

ches

I generally consider my taste to be impeccable and therefore feel no pangs of guilt about anything I like, that includes *shock horror*, drinking in The Castle, from time to time.

May I suggest that you all leave your hang-ups at the door and continue with listing your very many pleasures.