Springsteen in Hyde Park

Peckham native

I was quite excited when I saw this on bbc yest but of course then came crashing down with a thud knowing we are so skintos we cant buy the tickets this week! doh! All the best gigs come about when the world of my personal finance is up the spout...

Anyhoo swiftly moving along...............

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> giggirl Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I've fallen out with the Boss. We're not on

> > speaking terms right now. I'm having trouble

> > getting my head around his getting into bed

> with

> > Walmart.

>

> That bitch Walmart'll get hers one day. Mark my

> words.

Exactly Hooch. She's a whore and a half who needs a good slap and he had no business going there. Typical man, he's now pulling the "Oh I don't know what came over me and I'm very very sorry" routine. I shall forgive him eventually (before the June gig, obviously), but I think he needs a little time on the naughty step so he can think about what he did wrong.

• 4 months later...

Hello ED,

Is there anyone going to see the Boss on Sunday that is planning to be there all day and might like a bit of company? If the weather is fine I'm tempted to go for the duration but my companion is only intending to arrive for 7pm. I would like to go for the day and see the supports, but not on my own. Anyone on the forum going and up for that? I'm vipped so I can get to the free bar and get a round in (yeah)!

Px

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't get Springsteen.....at all......there, I

> said it

---------------------------------------------------

He was playing ( un-known to me ) at Crystal palace park sometime back & within good earshot of our house, we were away and returned later on that evening

"Who's making that racket over the park then ?" my fragrant other inquired

"Sounds like some dodgy Sprinsteen tribute act" I replied knowingly.....

Hmmm ..

W**F

*See I'm right good wiv music me!*

Can anyone explain, musically why he's soo good?? My co-workers are going to glasto to see him & rave abt him, i just thought that he was a standard US rocker & naturally i'm keen to find out more. what tracks should i listen to, in order to appreciate his greatness? i do think that 'Born to run' rocks tho

Thunder Road - that will do it for y'all. Brilliant. Thats the song im paying to see. Gig girl i am going with a mate but have to attend an ed bbq in afternoon so cant make a promise on timings otherwise would be happy to help out. Will let you know if that changes. M.

Thunder Road is my personal favourite, listen to Greetings from Asbury Park NJ and the Wild the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle, my 2 favourite albums followed by Born to Run. My husband introduced me to the Boss and I've not looked back (tu)

Probably not getting to Hyde Park until about 6pm due to family lunches and an allergic reaction to the Dave Matthews Band. Will also be recovering from seeing an Elvis tribute act performing Springsteen songs on Saturday night!

Thunder Road is also probably my favourite, 1st 2 lines are etched onto my ipod. But got into Springsteen on the River tour so I love songs like Point Blank, Fade Away, The Price you Pay etc. The whole Nebraska album stands the test of time and at the other extreme the Seeger Sessions tour included some of the best concerts I've ever been to.

GG

I know you are a bigger music fan than most but do we really expect these rock stars not to make the most of commercial opportunites - they milk us to the max on CD prices and concert ticket prices - we don't seem to mind that - why are we suprised if they take an additional few million from an advert.

These guys are multi multi millionaires - they did not get there by missing opportunities. I know you are dissapointed that he did this but I'd say the apology was nothing more than public relations.

These rock stars are like mini Walmarts - huge money making machines on legs. I'm there for the music - don't mind what else he does to make money.

I know he's rich now but the old songs are there forever, written when he was poor.

The Boss is now a true American legend. As Carnell rightly says - a genius storyteller with a repertoire that goes way beyond his 80 synth pop GLORY DAYS. And his band are as tight as gnats chuff Live. Not to mention the Soprano's!

I very luckily managed to wangle two freebies from my music journo pals who are all getting muddy and wasted at Glasto.

Hyde Park is not my favourite outdoor venue if there's a breeze but unlike Glasto I can get home in 40 mins and have a hot shower. It promises to be a great night - can't wait.

All hail The Boss.