> the max on CD prices and concert ticket prices -

> we don't seem to mind that - why are we suprised

> if they take an additional few million from an

> advert.

>

> These guys are multi multi millionaires - they did

> not get there by missing opportunities. I know you

> are dissapointed that he did this but I'd say the

> apology was nothing more than public relations.

>

> These rock stars are like mini Walmarts - huge

> money making machines on legs. I'm there for the

> music - don't mind what else he does to make

> money.

> I know he's rich now but the old songs are there

> forever, written when he was poor.

MM you're absolutely right. You couldn't be more right. I'm on the verge of having a T shirt made up with the slogan "Mick Mac is not wrong" on it. But (you could feel that little word coming couldn't you) I'm not inclined to let thing slide with the Boss. Why? Because he's used his fame as a platform for his left-wing political agenda for years (and I have no problem with that per se) and then he gets into bed with Wal-Mart for a quick buck. Everything about Wal-Mart is just wrong. Apparently there were a lot of fans turning up to his gigs in t-shirts with anti-Wal-Mart slogans and he didn't like that one bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Wal-Mart

http://wakeupwalmart.com/facts/

I would have let it slide had it been the Rolling Stones or Madonna - as greedy as hell and never pretended to be anything else. But the Boss - that sucks. And I concur, the apology was just PR.

Now, whatever happened to the "hating Bono" thread.

Well said giggirl. Its very skilful to reinforce your point in such a diplomatic way. And now I agree you are right, he probably knows he made a mistake. He probably did not know that quite so many of his fans associated with him for his politics as well as his music (or the politics in his music) - and now he knows he won't make that mistake again.

Actually MM I never associated with him for his politics, but I did respect him for (I thought) staying true to his principles. I've always been a massive fan of his music and that won't change. I'll stil buy the CDs and go to the gigs. But he doesn't put his money where is mouth is so I'll take his politics with a pinch of salt.

I think the Neil Young support on the Saturday is much better - like Pretenders and Seasick Steve too - but thats probably because I'm not "with it" and don't really know of any of the guys supporting Bruce.

PS Have now checked them out and realise how big these bands are and what I fool I have been to admit that I don't know who they are - but I'm going to leave my comment there - it would be dishonest to remove it. You have got to stay honest with giggirl around. ;-)

2 years ago my mate watched the Boss played a sell out 1 night just before Christmas at the O2. By all accounts it was a truely great gig.......until the encore.

He went off....the lights went out...what would he finish with? Dancing in the Dark of course! Which made sense as he hadn't played it yet. But no..he came back on with the band in santa hats...turned the lights up full (as if it was over) and played Santa Clause is coming to Town. Badly.

I'm really hoping he tries to end on a better note on Sunday (and not on a middling cover of Billie Jean).

Funny you should say that Mr Ben. Only one more sleep to go to Hyde Park so I was on the backstreets website this morning checking the setlists for the last few gigs. It appears that a few nights ago, in balmy Tennessee, Bruce sang, erm... "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town". I thought it was a mistake and, whilst tutting under my breath, switched to the official site and.... well it appears he did actually sing "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" a few nights ago in summertime Tennessee. WTF. I'll be happy whatever he sings (although I'm hopefull for Thunder Road and maybe something from The River).

http://www.backstreets.com/setlists.html

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/live/2009setlists.html

I've got my fingers crossed for Candy's Room - he played it the first time I went to see him back in 1981(god that makes me feel old) and then again last year at the Emirates - has to be my all time favourite.

My music tastes chime regularly with Quids and I too was for many years in the "bruce?" camp

But, of all things. The Ghost of Tom Joad album changed my perception and now he is definitely on my radar. I would LOVE to go tomorrow night

But then again I'm already in for Bon Iver and Tindersticks on Tue and Wed next week at Hyde Park so best reign cash in..

Oh and Bruce's closing song at the end of The Wrestler? Come ON people, have you no HEART????

Am watching the glastonbury coverage. Bloody epic. God I wish I could have been there just for this and then helicopter out after to avoid all the horrible camping element.

You folks going tomorrow are in for a real treat.

And GigGirl... Your wishes look like they will come true if he does a similar set list.

All hail "The Boss"!!

Andystar Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can anyone explain, musically why he's soo good??

> My co-workers are going to glasto to see him &

> rave abt him, i just thought that he was a

> standard US rocker & naturally i'm keen to find

> out more. what tracks should i listen to, in order

> to appreciate his greatness? i do think that 'Born

> to run' rocks tho

I just saw him at glasto & i'm a convert....he RAWWKKKED

Got in about 12.30 am after a night of music with the most orangey lit weirdest crowd/vibe yet. But that's enough about Boho bar.

Turned on the telly and saw The Boss's taught frame LITERALLY SMOKING before quickly switching off and heading for bed. Can't spoil tonight. Was he really on fire at this point or was it the effects my seventh Highland Park?

Really looking forward to it - and have the T Shirt ready....just need to get friends bbq out of the way in early afternoon and I'm off!

If he's as good as you all say he was last night then I can't wait. I could not even stay awake to watch Glastonbury on TV last night I was so tired after AC DC on Friday. Can't party on consequtive nights at my age, it seems. Feel the batteries are recharged now tho.