David Bowie...

????

think Bowie was visionary... he added these to the video in 1980... and look where we are now!!!

mind you 1930's, 70's, 90's, 00's looks like it just keeps on happening!

file.php?20,file=3620[/img]

file.php?20,file=3621

edited loads of times because the images keep vanishing!!!! think I have got my head round it now.. hope the pics stay put now!

It didn't change colour - the pupil is paralyzed and permanently enlarged.

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Bowie's eye changed colour after hwe was lamped by

> his mate George Underwood in a row over a girl

> apparently.

> The lesson there is don't mess with George.

> I mean hard a punch must that have been?

Some of the first records I ever bought were David Bowie albums. He's a fantastic talent. He was so far ahead of the competition in the 70s. There wasn't really anyone to touch him. So many great records and memories. My favourite album of his is probably Hunky Dory which is absolutely sublime, as Hona says just about as near to perfect.

And he's proper saarf London innit. Geezer!

hey, keep up Asset... we know the eye was damaged, we were talking colour changes over the years(!):)

look at pics in the earlier posts!

charliecharlie Wrote:

> can someone answer this question??? in this early

> image of bowie's eyes, both are greeny blue

>

> and in later life the damaged eye appears to be

> brown

>

> which is the real colour???

Moos[quote name=Unemployment did reach 2m in 1980' date=' and 3m in 1983.

]

I recon we've got worse to come, hold tight everyone it's going to get rocky:(

Queuing up outside ED food shops takes on a whole different meaning...

*thinks of new bread shop and William Rose with trepidation*

Fingers crossed it does not get this bad...

http://blogs.reuters.com/mediafile/files/2008/10/time.png

shame I can't find a copy of this article, love to know "how history can help us avoid it"

I saw him at the horrid Phoenix festival ... he played twice , a greatest hits set and a drum and bass set ... its true what Woodie says actually .... he has huge stage presence that hits you even many metres from the stage , ( as I was ) ... my fave album was always Lodger ... most the eightees stuff was crap apart from Lets Dance . :)

• 10 months later...

In response to giggirl's query on a different thread, the NME has this week given 2 pages to finding out what db is up to as well a short interview with the man

The 2 pages amount to nothing more than the fact that he has been and is being extremely elusive since the heart thing in 2004 - , although one studio owner responds to a rumour about Bowie recording there with something along the lines of "you know I could never tell you if Bowie and Pete Murphy were recording here " - no-one mentioned Murphy so a slip of the tongue? I suspect not

But in years gone by, it is puff articles such as this which point to the Bowie organisation cranking up for something. Personally I don't see Bowie ever doing a full solo show ever again - and yet, and yet

In the same week, Danny Baker on his BBC London show has launched a Dame at the Dome campaign to bring? well you can figure it out for yourselves. Stranger is that the official Bowie website gave it a full mention. So I think something is stirring

I've only just read flapjackdavey's comment above btw - so true. I was speaking to RosieH recently about Meltdown in 2002 - and she said pretty much the same thing about that night despite not being a Bowie fan per se

Wow - the forum has its very own DB thread. Who knew!

I may be going to Coachella this year which - if it happens - I will be very excited about. Yesterday I was googling something random about Coachella and came across a DB rumour. The rumour has, of course, been squashed. But just imagine.....

Yes that's absolutely true. I think that if he was to do anything like that he would wait for it to sell out first and then be a last minute addition. I want to go anyway - if anything just to get some warmth - so busy I'm trying to make it happen. Has there been any news from Twitter's "Bowie" in the last year? I'm still not completely convinced it isn't him. Six years is a long time to be getting over a heart attack - he must be very bored. Poor man.

His 2000 Glastonbury show was the best live gig I have ever been to - pure and simple. I thank my lucky stars to have been there to witness it.

I love the early stuff granted but I've a fetish for Let's Dance as I was 5 when that was on the radio. Then later I learned about Stevie Ray Vaughan and realised that he played on most of those tracks which is special. I'm still hunting down any extended versions of the title track which have Stevie at full strength.

It would be a shame if he ever did Coachella - I can't see it. It's also the most shit festival I have ever been to with it's crowded nazi style beer enclosure pen for "consumption of liquor" and a typical over the top US style of stewarding. Crap line ups too unless you love the Crash Test Dummies and De La Soul. The best bit was in Palm Springs at an aftershow party... in a bar with a pool , girls in bikinis, and JD on tap - all with a view of the sun setting over the desert.....

Anyway - I'd love to see him do something again and would chew my right arm off to see it.

MrBen Wrote:

> His 2000 Glastonbury show was the best live gig I

> have ever been to - pure and simple. I thank my

> lucky stars to have been there to witness it.

>

> I love the early stuff granted but I've a fetish

> for Let's Dance as I was 5 when that was on the

> radio. Then later I learned about Stevie Ray

> Vaughan and realised that he played on most of

> those tracks which is special. I'm still hunting

> down any extended versions of the title track

> which have Stevie at full strength.

>

> It would be a shame if he ever did Coachella - I

> can't see it. It's also the most shit festival I

> have ever been to with it's crowded nazi style

> beer enclosure pen for "consumption of liquor" and

> a typical over the top US style of stewarding.

> Crap line ups too unless you love the Crash Test

> Dummies and De La Soul. The best bit was in Palm

> Springs at an aftershow party... in a bar with a

> pool , girls in bikinis, and JD on tap - all with

> a view of the sun setting over the desert.....

"We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like 'I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive . . .' And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming, 'Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?'"