Arsenal Supporters in East Dulwich?

Ladygooner

Sounds like a great idea - although I may elect to hide behind the sofa. So exciting....

I watched the 2005 final in the city with work. There's a couple of red supporters here and they think we need to return to the exact same place to bring us luck, so I may have to stay in town :(

It is a good idea, but not the Vile please!

2 Years ago, myself and I've-met-Jimmy watched the final in the EDT (I have no idea why we turned our backs on out beloved CPT for the night), so this time we're torn between CPT (Spiritual home), and EDT (for superstitious reasons)......

Oh what to do?!?!?!? :-S

I think we should change the name of this thread to Football Supporters in East Dulwich. I think Liverpool are really going to have to go some to beat Milan after watching last night's performance. They were absolutely superb and of course it's always good to see Man Utd get a good tonking. Obviously, I want Liverpool to win the final and if I can quote my Liverpool daft niece here "Done 'em once and we'll do 'em again...we always do it when it matters."

I remember that 96 final like it was yesterday. Afterwards, we bought a Cantona figure (you know, one of those with the big heads) and melted it in a fire. Childish I know, but it made me feel better! Bloody Utd and their late spawny goals....

You're right though, Jah Lush, it's going to be a tricky game. But as Gerrard has said today - LFC are feared because they don't go out without a fight. Can't wait!

Poor Lady G - we've somehow got away from the Arsenal supporters question. Sorry!

Anna, I guarantee you you weren't as heartbroken as I was almost exactly a year ago (i'm sure you were thrilled that day), after wiping the dust from my eyes, I got into a canoe to get to our destination on a trip down the Wye, fell in the river, capsized the boat then the heavens opened on me.

I can honestly say it was a lower sporting moment than any other I can remember, even Italia '90.

Jah Lush, go ahead, I won't complain, though I'm hoping Bolton will do us a favour by losing, and Chelsea do us a favour by losing to Man U, so they field a rubbish team in preparation for their Cup Game.

I once saw a ginger S**thampton fan in East Dulwich!

It was the day of the S**thampton / Arsenal cup final which I think I watched in the old Forresters.

A GINGER S**thampton Fan. UGH!

Anyway, then I saw him again.

A year ago (just over)

In the Vale one lunchtime on 24th April 2005. He was crying. It was the best day of my life!

Lived there for years actually, and went to Anfield often... Plus, I got in to football relatively later in life, and when I decided on Liverpool, they'd not won anything in ages, and I waited ages for them to win anything else... Take it you're at the Hamlet every week then? ;-)

I was born in Madrid but won't support a business machine like Real despite having been born within a stonesthrow of the Bernabeu.

When we arrived in England we did a tour of London with dad and my big bruv got all excited around Upton Park for reasons noone can remember, consigning us to 29 years of torment. But we've stuck with it as it should ever be.

I've no issue with a Londoner who supports Liverpool as long as they were vocal about it when they were banned from Europe, and weren't winning anything, and as long as they come down to that Hamlets or Fisher or Barnet or whatever to support their local team.