Just a wish...(there was a baby/pram/child free pub in ED)

rodneybewes Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Zebedee Tring Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Rodney Bewes, you are even wittier than your

> > "Likely Lads" namesake. No, I didn't have my

> leg

> > amputated and my world didn't collapse. But

> you've

> > missed the point. My main complaint is that the

> > mother didn't apologise for what had happened;

> > when my kids were young 25 years ago I would

> have

> > been most apologetic if something similar had

> > happened. If you think that the mother's

> attitude

> > was fine, then your moral values are different

> > from mine.

>

> It sounds like the classic grumpy old man story,

> shouting at 6 year old kids who've dared to come

> near him. Then you swore at the mum of the 6 year

> old kid who didn't touch you. I certainly hope our

> moral values are different. That's the trouble

> with our generations - we have no respect.

I remember treating older people (who happened to be

walking on the pavement) terribly as a child on a

skateboard, roller skates, go cart)

We got it if they complained to mum and dad though :)

Children don't realise that you lose flexibility

as you age. They think your're just like them, but

older.

Otta Wrote:

> I think people should get off of ZT's back.

Children and dogs instantly can tell the person who

doesn't like them - and they'll then never leave the

person alone.

That's possibly ZT.

Otta Wrote:

> Ex smokers are the absolute worst!

Getting lung cancer is the absolute worst. I had a smoking friend who died of it in his early thirties.

Breathing in other people's smoke is the second absolute worst.

I've just remembered - Rodney Bewes was the one in the "Likely Lads" who WASN'T funny. His namesake similarly isn't funny but he thinks he's some kind of insulting Frankie Boyle comedian.

There seems little point in carrying on this debate so this is my last comment on this thread. However, reading the comments of people like rodney bewes (and not just rodney bewes), I'm getting a better idea as why Cameron and his chums won the election - the Thatcher culture of "there's no such thing as society" and "sod you, I'm all right Jack" reigns supreme today in this country.

I'm not that keen on kids in pubs. I have kids, and I like going to pubs, but I prefer not to mix the two. But that's just me - I have no inherent objection to other people taking their kids to pubs, provided the kids are well behaved, but I would expect parents to make sure their kids are well behaved anywhere where they will be mixing with adult strangers - shops, cafes, in the street etc. Most pubs can't afford to make themselves unattractive to families, but at the same time either ban or actively discourage kids after a certain time, and/or in certain parts of the premises, which seems like a reasonable balance. So WTF is everybody complaining about? You'll always get the odd idiot who brings a load of kids to the pub and lets them run riot, but in my experience it's fairly rare, and often the bar staff of someone else will have a word. If a particular pub has an ongoing problem, don't go there.

This has brought back a rather painful experience in the Actress.

*Two dads four screaming kids a ruined lunch my ears were ringing at the end.*

I haven't been back to the Actress since even though I put that down to the two dads being totally out of their depth, looking after the kids whilst the mums were having a day off.

Now beginning to realise that may not be the case, they may have simply been allowing their kids to behave as they "the kids" wished as I have seen some mothers doing the same.

Spoil your children and they become rotten adults rotten adults spoilt by their parents now spoil their children, so we have an ongoing rotten society of people who just carry on without respect for others, lacking in social skills, void of humanity, with zero empathy all hugely uncivilised.

In Spain, Italy and France children don't behave like out of control maniacs as often as they do in ED.

I avoid local pubs particularly at lunch time, weekends and early evening.

I anyone does spot a pub which has a no Children policy then do let me know as I would be a regular.

JohnL Wrote:

> Otta Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I think people should get off of ZT's back.

>

>

> Children and dogs instantly can tell the person

> who

> doesn't like them - and they'll then never leave

> the

> person alone.

>

> That's possibly ZT.

I don't think ZT has said a single thing that suggests he doesn't like children. He just doesn't like children not looking where they're going and parents not paying enough attention. I'd tend to agree with him frankly.

Sue Wrote:

> Getting lung cancer is the absolute worst.

Excellent flare for the dramatic there Sue. No one thinks smoking is good for them.

> Breathing in other people's smoke is the second absolute worst.

Move away then, and spare a thought for all the people that breathed in your smoke before you gave up.

DaveR Wrote:

> I have kids,> and I like going to pubs, but I prefer not to mix the two.

This is exactly my feeling on it from a personal perspective.

fazer71 Wrote:

>

>

> In Spain, Italy and France children don't behave

> like out of control maniacs as often as they do in

> ED.

>

>This is a much repeated load of old toss that comes up every time we have this debate. Kids in Spain ans Italy runabout like maniacs in bars and restaurants as much as in the UK and also far far later into the night. People in these countries are just more kid tolerant.

I have family in italy and lived in Spain before you ask.

Zebedee Tring Wrote:

> I've just remembered - Rodney Bewes was the one in

> the "Likely Lads" who WASN'T funny. His namesake

> similarly isn't funny but he thinks he's some kind

> of insulting Frankie Boyle comedian.

>

> There seems little point in carrying on this

> debate so this is my last comment on this thread.

> However, reading the comments of people like

> rodney bewes (and not just rodney bewes), I'm

> getting a better idea as why Cameron and his chums

> won the election - the Thatcher culture of

> "there's no such thing as society" and "sod you,

> I'm all right Jack" reigns supreme today in this

> country.

There's insults and there's insults. And then there's calling someone a tory, the worst of them all. Entirely below the belt Tring.

I won't reply in kind, I'll just wait for the highlights of your further tales of terror from Lordship Lane in the penny dreadfuls - Man Almost Rubbed Against By Cat (But Not) - Walker Almost Slips On Piece Of Litter (But Doesn't) etc...

???? Wrote:

This is a much repeated load of old toss that

> comes up every time we have this debate. Kids in

> Spain ans Italy runabout like maniacs in bars and

> restaurants as much as in the UK and also far far

> later into the night. People in these countries

> are just more kid tolerant.

totes

In Spain, there are still loads of kids knocking around bars and restaurants at midnight and no-one cares.

In England, if you're in a pub or a restaurant at any time, guaranteed someone, somewhere on the premises, is quietly hating you - no matter now well-behaved your kids are.

That's the difference.

I disagree the difference is the majority kids and parents in Spain, Italy and France are considerate the children are taught to respect others.

In ED sugar fuelled children and their parents have little consideration they have no moral compass believe the world revolves around them they are oblivious to others.

Quite Rotten.

We're all familiar with the occasional nightmare child, but in ED they're 70% maniacs.

That's why I now drink and eat in Peckham or further away.

An I wish there was a baby/pram/child free pub in ED !

My daughter is now 18 and we have lived in the area for the last 19 years, she has been in most of the pubs along Lordship lane when she was younger, she was sat down and given a book or colouring pencils by me, she knew not to run around or scream. She is now anti alcohol ( not like her dad and I!)I would love to go into a pub where I could enjoy a drink without having children screaming or running around or putting dirty hands on my clean white trousers with no apologies from the parents. I have been to the Flying Pig twice now for food, Both times there have been children in there screaming the place down. If for any reason my daughter acted like that when she was younger, we would either take her outside or leave. I've done my time now I would like my pint in peace!And as for kids on scooters, The adults on the scooters with them are just as bad!!!

twister Wrote:

> My daughter is now 18 and we have lived in the

> area for the last 19 years, she has been in most

> of the pubs along Lordship lane when she was

> younger, she was sat down and given a book or

> colouring pencils by me, she knew not to run

> around or scream. She is now anti alcohol ( not

> like her dad and I!)I would love to go into a pub

> where I could enjoy a drink without having

> children screaming or running around or putting

> dirty hands on my clean white trousers with no

> apologies from the parents. I have been to the

> Flying Pig twice now for food, Both times there

> have been children in there screaming the place

> down. If for any reason my daughter acted like

> that when she was younger, we would either take

> her outside or leave. I've done my time now I

> would like my pint in peace!And as for kids on

> scooters, The adults on the scooters with them are

> just as bad!!!

Exactly, at least the kids on scooters have an excuse.

It's simple really, if your kids are well behaved most people don't mind having them around. If they're little shits then keep them out of everyone else's way.

fazer71 Wrote:

> In Spain, Italy and France children don't behave

> like out of control maniacs as often as they do in

> ED.

Comparisons to Spain/Italy/France has become one of the biggest cliches on the whole forum.

Everyone eats wonderful freshly prepared food

Nobody eats junk

People drink responsibly, teenagers don't binge

People are respectful and polite

It is, of course, all complete bollocks.

Depends where you go.

Personally I find them to have fewer berserker kids.

They have a developed sense of social respect control their children.

In the UK they is a current fashion to simply allow children do do exactly as they please.

Is out laziness is it ignorance is it some form of special form of self education?

Who knows?

What we do know is out of control kids in pubs makes customers go where they are no kids.

Imaging if people with dogs allowed their dog to howl constantly whist on the pub they'd be asked to leave yet kids who do the same must be tolerated..

Weird

fazer71 Wrote:

> Depends where you go.

> Personally I find them to have fewer berserker

> kids.

> They have a developed sense of social respect

> control their children.

> In the UK they is a current fashion to simply

> allow children do do exactly as they please.

> Is out laziness is it ignorance is it some form of

> special form of self education?

> Who knows?

>

> What we do know is out of control kids in pubs

> makes customers go where they are no kids.

>

> Imaging if people with dogs allowed their dog to

> howl constantly whist on the pub they'd be asked

> to leave yet kids who do the same must be

> tolerated..

> Weird

Its the anglo-saxon way of doing things IMHO

The legal system is adversarial, employer/union relations are macho,

cycle debates are macho too .

Jeremy Wrote:

> > In the UK they is a current fashion to simply

> allow children do do exactly as they please

>

> I think that's pushing it a bit.. I wouldn't

> describe a few misguided or struggling parents as

> a "fashion". But hey.

I think you're being kind. It's not pushing it a bit, it's total bollocks.