Walked to LL safely

lenk

Last night i walked along ED's notorious Barry Road, Uplands Road and then down LL towards Goose Green.

At no point did I encounter any lotharios, whistlers, clowns or dodgy youths. I didn't even see any policemen.

The whole walk passed without incident in fact.

Pretty boring round here isn't it?

matthew123 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes but were you dragging a suitcase on your

> journey through the bad lands of SE22, so local

> thugs knew you were one of them to gain instant

> respect!?

I forgot to mention I was dressed as a policeman.

You should have seen the amount of 'spotted: policeman' threads up here last night. Mental.

I've walked home through the streets of ED many times, every time in safety.

It is not very interesting but hopefully makes those living in terror about the mean streets (see thread on Barry Road) feel a little better.

I'm sitting in my house and nobody has kicked in the door yet this morning.

Amazing. It can only be a matter of time though, so I'm making plans to move to a less dangerous area like John 0' Groats.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm sitting in my house and nobody has kicked in

> the door yet this morning.

>

> Amazing. It can only be a matter of time though,

> so I'm making plans to move to a less dangerous

> area like John 0' Groats.

I saw a man near Goose Green night who definitely had that 'comtemplating kicking a door in' look on his face.

I followed him for a good 5 miles around South London before he got on a bus and I lost him. : (

Caroline Phillips-esque musings in the London Evening Standard. Helen Kirwan-Taylor writes about muggings in the Capital...

"... a fellow mother at my son's school in sleepy St John's Wood was mugged for her Rolex in front of the school gates with all the mothers watching....One of the other mothers was even trying to pull him off."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23708520-details/Being+mugged+is+now+part+of+my+everyday+life/article.do

you see, it isn't just ED that is er, WRACKED BY CRIME

That's so funny! I'm laughing so hard because I live near Goose Green and in the middle of the night someone did get into my house and managed to go through everything and take stuff (including our wallets and passports). My child was asleep alone in his bedroom and a "for real" bad person was in my house and I didn't know it. Isn't that a hoot? And a few days later a "for real" bad person kicked in my next door neighbors' doors, and took all of their stuff including computer equipment holding an entire career's worth of work. Oh my god so funny, a real knee slapper.

Crime happens here. Nasty crime with real victims. Maybe you could just feel glad that you have been lucky so far?