floor sanding

alica

Hi to all EDF users,

Is anyone could reccomend good company for the floor sanding? We are a bit at loss as to where to find reliable one!

Here is our daunting experience...We've contacted ( via provided email) 'The Dust free floor sanding" company which adverts we saw in Living South resident magazine ( put through our door), and yet they didn't get back to us. On our followed up call to the company ( phone was provided in magazine also) it turned out just an operator, who has nothing to do with the company ?so eventually we managed to speak to someone who was related to The dust free floor sanding company, but only to tell us that their manager was on holidays and no one else could deal with our request for a "free quote". Though she took our rooms measurements as we were informed - company give free estimate over the phone only, so there wasn't any need for a visit. Aagh...Its been a month since?and still no reply hence any enthusiasm from The Dust free sanding to take new customers:)

Is such company really exist?

Many thanks in advance,

Alica

I tried to get hold of back to wood last year but they were booked up for months. In the end use Phil Jackson of PJ Pine and Sons after he was recommended to me by one of his customers. He came quite quickly and quoted and did the ground floors in less than two days staying til late at night to get it done. No job is ever completely dust free but they covered the radiators and light fittings. The floors look great. Reasonable rates.

http://www.pjpine.co.uk/

I'd like to highly recommend Steve and Nicola from Back to wood flooring. They recently sanded and varnished our parquet flooring and it looks like new! They were lovely to deal with and didn't leave any mess. Also gave advice on after care. I'm planning to ask them to do our living room sometime in the near future.

Jill

• 2 weeks later...

Steve and Nicola from Back to Wood recently restored and stripped our wooden floor. They were brilliant - a delight to have around, did a fantastic and very careful job - ensuring the floor came out at exactly the right shade and level of 'old' that we wanted. The price was very reasonable, and they sorted out a couple of additonal flooring issues for us for free. They left the house very tidy. We'd wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone.

Steve is on: 07949 411650.

Sophie & Simon, Holly Grove, Peckham

I feel your pain. I had a very poor experience with a company recommended well on here in particular (not Back to Wood, I hasten to add!). I had to chase several times to get someone to come out.

When he finally did, he got very defensive when I asked for a ballpark estimate of repair costs for damaged floorboards, even though I made it very clear I wanted it for budgeting purposes only (not to hold him to a figure) and that I understand it was completely dependent on what they found when they started the work.

I'd made it clear that I needed to arrange the booking quickly (particularly because I'd wasted a couple of weeks trying to even get the site visit) because of other commitments. I was pretty shocked to then get an email from him the next day claiming this wasn't the sort of work they were in the business of doing. This is despite me having explained the logistics of the job in detail to he and his colleagues before he'd turned up. His reasoning changed several times during the course of the conversation that followed, leaving me with the distinct impression it was a bunch of excuses to cover the fact he hadn't liked being asked not to leave one aspect of the works completely open-ended.

Archived