Strictly Come Dancing

Mick Mac

red devil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This thread is hilarious, might have to stay in

> next Friday, won't be watching SCD though...

It was good RD, Friday nights in are the new nights out. A lot cheaper too - 6 cans and a laptop is all you need. Don't miss it next week.

Very surprised Martina Hingis got booted off as from what I saw tonight she was one of the best contestants. No way was Oxo woman or Big Joe as good as Hingis. I think the show has lost some credibility with that result... although not being a regular viewer maybe this is part of the game.

Yes she has Keef. I won't be watching anymore. I just wish I had called in more times though, I could have saved her.

And what was Len thinking? Did he have to be so objective, next time Len, just let Martina stay, not some bloke noone has ever heard of.

Shocking.

Disgruntled from ED.

Asset I agree about Aleysha, especially when she said "you nailed it. " That most irritating phrase belongs to X Factor, I expect a more articulated response from Srictly judges. Arlene Phillips would never have said that.

Rant over.

matthew123 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Very surprised Martina Hingis got booted off as

> from what I saw tonight she was one of the best

> contestants. No way was Oxo woman or Big Joe as

> good as Hingis. I think the show has lost some

> credibility with that result... although not being

> a regular viewer maybe this is part of the game.

Some people have always voted for who they like as an individual not who is the best dancer - e.g. John Sargeant and Kate Garroway were both utterly hopeless but stayed in for way longer than they deserved because the audience kept voting for them.

Equally some have got knocked out early despite being good dancers - I can recall Gabby Logan getting kocked out way before her husband even though she was clearly the better dancer, but I don't think her competitive nature went down well with the audience. Seems to me guys being competitive is considered to be acceptable but girls who show too much ambition get shown the door - better to bang on about loving the dance and "the journey" if you are a girl.

The boxer should definitely have gone last night, dreadful posture. And yes, Lynda Bellingham's dancing left much to be desired, but at least she showed a little more personality than Joe.

Aleesha wasn't quite as bad a judge as I was expecting (has to be said my expectations were v low), but no way should Arlene have been booted off to make way for her. Arlene's got way more experience, and although she was prone to going gooey eyed over the best looking guys, and could be a bit bitchy, she was generally the judge whose views I respected the most.

They could have saved on Martina's fee and just wheeled a cardboard cutout around instead. It would have been an improvement in the personality stakes.

Aleeeeshar already seems to have run-out of useful things to say. She's way out of her comfort zone. Still, it is at least nice to have someone younger on the judging panel. The old line-up was starting to resemble a queue at a bus stop.