The guy in the fabric shop

cherryred

hi is a very strange man, my friend and I had a run in with him one afternoon, we were waiting to cross the road when a car pulled up right next to where we were waiting to cross and he staggered out of it. not sure if he was drunk or on something but he was quite clearly intoxicated on some way, he then stood in the way talking to his friend with the door open meaning that we couldnt get by so my friend said excuse me to him and tried to move around him where he slammed the car door and started screaming at her that she had run over his foot with her buggy. She hadnt touched him at all but he was hurling abuse and being incredibly nasty. we tried to argue back that he was in the way and had been asked to move and that she never actually touched him but he just kept screaming at her with abuse so we walked on and ignored him but he came after us. luckily he was not altogether there so couldnt keep up with us so we got away from him but it was scary esp as we had 2 small babies with us.

And it was def him as ive know him for years from when he used to work in a shop on berwick street in london. I used to buy fabric from him for work in london and there was a huge scandal when he walked out of the shop he worked in. (A lot of mystery around how he managed to stock this shop on lordship lane!!!)

YES me too! I went in there with my dog and he told me to get out as he's allergic, I told him he wasn't allergic the last time I was in and he just sneered at me and went back to playing computer games. I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and went back in with my husband this time, once again we were sneered at and completely ignored while he chatted to his wife about the TV. We walked out sharpish and will never go back in, such a shame but I'm glad it wasn't a personal attack!

He's obviously mental

So I will pay him a visit with my "mental-o-meter"

Never shop anywhere with some who owns a shop is is mental-er than you are ( my horrible Mothers excellent advice, which is rich coming from her) anayway

Will report dack/ back

I feel a "Serge de Nimes" moment coming on, it tests most fabric "queens" metle

"Did I say 5oz Mexican batch dye , Oh so sorrrry I did mean 12oz Vegetable Indigo, on the warp and "rainbow selved"

"Ta, only askin' for now but when is your sale ?"

"Have you got a carrier bag I could have to put this in" ( never say please in this situation )

( Did I mention that I was holding a Sony SL 6200 ? )

No, so you didn't hear it bang the door frame as I came in ?

"Oh, OK then" ( Does rotating finger thing near temple )

http://www.rewindmuseum.com/betamax.htm

W**F

HAL9000 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> thexwinglessxbird Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > pin him down until I get there & I'll sit on his

> face!

>

> If ever a post belonged in the Lounge's "Single

> men in East D?" thread, this must surely be it!

Now forgive me if I have got the wrong end of the stick here...but do you have the mind of a cesspit HAL9000?

*absolutely ROARS with laughter*

My last post was probably removed as I was quite angered by the man and woman in the fabric shop ! First time I went in was when they opened to wish them luck and say how great it was to have the shop on Lordship Lane and how it needed a habedashry place, at that time they where having a domestic and instantly started being rude to me.I thought bad timing and left never to go back, but couple of years later desparate for some cotton I went back only to be treated in the same way .However desparate for anything now I will never go back. It is such a shame as I make lots of stuff and could have spent lots and lots of my hard earned money in there ...