We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com



Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by seenbeen May 03, 10:13AM

bsand Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Half of our 60 are already gone eating and cooking
> over 10 days. They are still as fresh and lovely
> now as they were when we bought them - quite a lot
> of baking going on here as well. Reckon we will
> have enough for the next couple of weeks then
> re-order. There are only 2 adults in our household
> but I can imagine with a larger family they would
> go down even quicker. You could even double up
> with a neighbour and split a batch. Anyway, I put
> the info out there for anyone who wants to take it
> up and I repeat this is not hoarding or panic
> buying, in fact, the complete opposite.
We have 4 adults- 3 are vegetarians- we all eat eggs and get through about 30 a week. Shortage of eggs was the only thing I worried about really.

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by bsand May 03, 11:21AM

Well I can highly recommend that link a bit pricey but well worth the money.

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by PnB May 03, 10:01PM

Luckily Sainsburys has been well stocked with crates of beer, which is very important during this lockdown period. Im not sure why people are so keen to buy stuff like eggs to do menial tasks such as baking- you'd have much more fun at home boozing and playing tunes nice and loud.

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by bsand May 04, 09:17AM

It's not either or....keep that music down though or you will get dobbed in on another thread!

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by PnB May 04, 05:19PM

bsand Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not either or....keep that music down though
> or you will get dobbed in on another thread!

Very true! I only tend to play my music really loud on weekends though, the neighbours have learned to put up with it and not to bother trying to poke their oar in.

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by gromit3:16 May 08, 07:33AM

they had the shelves filled with spaghetti yesterday, I went back to look ten minutes later and it was all gone.

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by PnB May 08, 10:56AM

Does anyone know if Sainsburys are selling fireworks at the moment? I'd like to have a big display tonight to celebrate VE Day, since we cannot celebrate in person/clos proximity.

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by wordsworth May 08, 01:15PM

PnB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know if Sainsburys are selling
> fireworks at the moment? I'd like to have a big
> display tonight to celebrate VE Day, since we
> cannot celebrate in person/clos proximity.


Why on earth would sainsbury's be selling fireworks? fgs...

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by malumbu May 08, 01:40PM

Looking at your early post PnB does Viz magazine still exist and if so does Sainsburys stock it? I have to rely in my vintage editions from the 1980s. Boozing and playing loud music is the sort of thing that you would find in the readers tips pages.

Here's some more [viz.co.uk]

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by ianr May 08, 03:56PM

I think PnB have amused us enough. Please take the hint, kids.

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by malumbu May 08, 05:15PM

I'm still chuckling several hours later. In these days need a good laff. As you put this as a plural is PnB a team effort?

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by seenbeen May 10, 02:02PM

malumbu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm still chuckling several hours later. In these
> days need a good laff. As you put this as a
> plural is PnB a team effort?

Should be P'nB then surely?

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by PnB May 10, 06:48PM

PnB stands for Pink and Blue- the colours of our local football team, even though I've always been more of a lacrosse man myself.

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by Clutterqueen May 10, 11:43PM

Went to Sains last Wednesday morning to do a small shop and also to get a refund on a pack of fish my other half had bought earlier in the week. The pack of fish still had a sell by date of 9th May but when opened on the 6th May was uneatable.

I didn't have a receipt but went to customer services and showed a photo of the said item with sell by date but two members of staff still said I couldn't have a replacement and watched as I paid £2 for another pack of the same fish that I'd brought to the customer services.

Been shopping at the DKH Sains since it opened over 20 years ago.

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by PnB May 12, 11:15AM

Clutterqueen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Went to Sains last Wednesday morning to do a small
> shop and also to get a refund on a pack of fish my
> other half had bought earlier in the week. The
> pack of fish still had a sell by date of 9th May
> but when opened on the 6th May was uneatable.
>
> I didn't have a receipt but went to customer
> services and showed a photo of the said item with
> sell by date but two members of staff still said I
> couldn't have a replacement and watched as I paid
> £2 for another pack of the same fish that I'd
> brought to the customer services.
>
> Been shopping at the DKH Sains since it opened
> over 20 years ago.


So you queued to get into Sainsburys so you could go and argue for a refund you were not entitled to (as you had no receipt), for the sake of £2?

Wow.

Every time i go and buy fags in Sainsburys I always seem to be caught in a rapidly expanding queue at the customer services till (which also sells the fags) as there is someone in their 50s or 60s, probably quite well off financially, doing this exact same thing- holding everyone up by arguing with a part time worker over the most petty of refunds. It is infuriating.

Why could you not just take the lost £2 on the chin, as 'one of those things'? And why does it matter if you have shopped there for 20 years, do you expect a red carpet to be laid in-store upon your arrival, and staff to bend rules for you which would probably lead to them having disciplinary action taken against them?

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by vic.ham May 12, 12:47PM

PnB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Clutterqueen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Went to Sains last Wednesday morning to do a
> small
> > shop and also to get a refund on a pack of fish
> my
> > other half had bought earlier in the week. The
> > pack of fish still had a sell by date of 9th
> May
> > but when opened on the 6th May was uneatable.
> >
> > I didn't have a receipt but went to customer
> > services and showed a photo of the said item
> with
> > sell by date but two members of staff still said
> I
> > couldn't have a replacement and watched as I
> paid
> > £2 for another pack of the same fish that I'd
> > brought to the customer services.
> >
> > Been shopping at the DKH Sains since it opened
> > over 20 years ago.
>
>
> So you queued to get into Sainsburys so you could
> go and argue for a refund you were not entitled to
> (as you had no receipt), for the sake of £2?
>
> Wow.
>
> Every time i go and buy fags in Sainsburys I
> always seem to be caught in a rapidly expanding
> queue at the customer services till (which also
> sells the fags) as there is someone in their 50s
> or 60s, probably quite well off financially, doing
> this exact same thing- holding everyone up by
> arguing with a part time worker over the most
> petty of refunds. It is infuriating.
>
> Why could you not just take the lost £2 on the
> chin, as 'one of those things'? And why does it
> matter if you have shopped there for 20 years, do
> you expect a red carpet to be laid in-store upon
> your arrival, and staff to bend rules for you
> which would probably lead to them having
> disciplinary action taken against them?


YAWN

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by Mr JM May 12, 11:15PM

well done mate. very clever. jog on and do one.

messageRe: Sainsbury’s stock
Posted by PnB May 13, 07:21PM

"jog on and do one"? Haha, quality. You must have been watching 'Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels' or 'The Football Factory' recently. Is that what you say to the helpers you advertise for if they do not wash the dishes satisfactorily?

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum