Famous faces

we have some really good actors in East Dulwich,my fave lady is lesley sharp,then we have pip torrens,lovely red headed guy from the bill,no idea of his name,then my all time fave Terry jones.Kate ford from corries lovely lovely person,her on screen partner bill ward what a lovely looking guy mmmm.

Then we have the z lister who has a shop in East Dulwich somewhere.Enough said there.All i can say is that its the good actors who will always work.Thankfully we have more good actors in ED bad,im still waiting on David the dish tennant and Douglas the delectable Henshall to move here.(i wish)

Did Bon (not Ben)Scott of AC/DC live in ED? I was a fan of theirs and at the time of his death (1980) was living in Woodvale. I remember hearing that he died outside 67 Underhill Rd, in a friends car whilst visiting the area. Officially the story goes: On February 19, 1980, Bon Scott passed out after a night of heavy drinking in a Camden club now known as KOKO London, and was left in a car owned by an acquaintance of his named Alistair Kinnear. The following morning, Kinnear rushed him to King's College Hospital in Camberwell, where Scott was pronounced dead on arrival

Chase - wasn't the conspiacy theory that he had gone to ED for an aussie allnighter, and the hosts hadn't settled their drug bill, some heavies came round and beat up the first aussie they got hold of. Which happened to be Bon, outside asleep in the car.

Sorely missed, acca dacca have never been the same since; it's malcolm's band tho.

uc

• 2 weeks later...
I bumped in to the chap who use to play Arthur Fowler. I was in the Vale Bar last Saturday night with my husband. I was bringing my glass of red wine back to the table when this balding, but well-spoken, middle-aged man knocked in to me. Needless to say, my Jasper Conrad dress was ruined! However, he was very apologetic and bought us a bottle of champagne. He was absolutely delightful! He told us all about waht it was like on set at Eastenders and his projects treading the boards since...

I'm sorry to say that there was no slagging off of Ms Richards! He told us that they were almost like a "little family" and that she and Todd Carthy were great company and talented actors. He did say that she was smoking like a chimney even back when he was in it. As well as being a gentleman, he wasn't one of those celebrities who lives in the past. If anything, I had to pry details from his Eastenders days. A thoroughly nice man and someone I could chat to again for hours...

PS. I did have to reprimand him for going off with Mrs Hewit. What did he see in her???

Remember when Louisa thought she'd seen Mad Lizzie in Barry Road. Well, I can confirm that it wasn't her. My mate who owns the rights to tv-am asked her (they meet up often) and she said although she used to come to E Dulwich a lot in the past, she hasn't been for ages. Nero

It's quite odd that, when celebs start stalking you, about 5 years back i saw that Jerome Flynn in some establishment on Lordship Lane, not a rare site him being local and all, but a week or so later he walks into the restaurant i'm eating at in New Delhi and sits at the next table, I resisted the urge.