Famous People in Sainsburys

Ladygooner

• 3 months later...
To my shame (and apologies to the wonderful Richard Ayoade), I lost all control when I saw him with a baby in a bjorn about to rush into Sainsburys. I shouted out, as though I knew him, "I didn't know you had a baby, congratulations". Felt a complete numpty. Sorry, Mr Ayoade.

Maisonette1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I too have accosted Richard, about a month ago in

> Tesco Metro on East Dulwich Road - and even took a

> photo of him holding his pint of milk, to send to

> my boyfriend (who's a fan).

>

> I'm sorry too Richard - but good to know you shop

> in a range of supermarkets....

What a creepy thing to do.

Maisonette1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I too have accosted Richard, about a month ago in

> Tesco Metro on East Dulwich Road - and even took a

> photo of him holding his pint of milk, to send to

> my boyfriend (who's a fan).

>

> I'm sorry too Richard - but good to know you shop

> in a range of supermarkets....

Why do I suspect now you are actually a friend of Richard Ayoade and he just wanted some free advertising on the EDF...?

Is it not the first rule of living in that London that it is ok to be mildly amused that you have spotted someone famous of any degree and by all means brag to your mates and local forum but never ever let on to said famous person that you have spotted them?

I made a huge mistake about a year ago by telling Miles Judd (stand up comedian / Archie from Balamory) who gallantly held my folded up buggie for me on a jam packed bus heading from ED towards Kings that I had seen him on tv the night before in an episode of The Thick of It - he descended into a shy embarrassed silence and we were both mortified. I am sure he would be pleased to know that I now completely blank him whenever I see him out and about.

What I hate is when I see a "celeb" who I admire and I really do want to speak to them but I forget what their name is in real life!! Apart from the usual Richard Ayoade spottings or David Haye driving his wife's car, I think my favourite so far was when I saw Ray Stevenson who played the Ukranian Mafia boss Isaak Sirco on Dexter grabbing a quick coffee in Cafe Nero.

Would love to have chatted to him but it doesn't feel right saying - hey you're one of my fave baddies from Dexter. :(