SNUB funding we got it

monica

Michael please dont feel unloved i promise you will have the bags, the company who distributed the vouchers have accepted fault on their part. Please go along to the shops and pick your bags up after the 29th.:))

Result! At Goodrich we have a weekly organic fruit and veg scheme. It used to be delivered in brown paper carrier bags that you could bring back for re-use. For the last couple of weeks they've been using plastic bags instead and I was building up to protest.

Then yesterday the veg arrived in ... SNUB bags! They're lovely - strong, good-looking, capacious and with impeccable green credentials.

Good on you, Monica, and thanks from this little corner of a damaged planet.

Hy Debi great news, its good to see the bags are being used for deliveries of the fruit and veg, good on pretty traditional

Mdoherty go into any of the distributor stores and they will give you the bags after the 29th

I'm confused Monica says that the distributor stores will be giving them out but big number 5 says that we still need the flyer we either need the flyer or not. This is getting to be too much hassle for my liking. Will probably buy one and gorget the voucher and the small bag as well.

Blimey, it's not that confusing:

You get a voucher through the door, you take to one of the distribution places (before the 29th June)

After the 29th you don't need a voucher to get a bag from one of the distribution places.

That way it makes it fair to people with vouchers, who live in SE22.

hope you've complained to the voucher distribution peeps as they did a pretty bad job - on Friern and have never received mine :'( maybe proof of address should be offered at the shops distributing the bags so that SE22 residents still have priority.

Michael mark has explained people without a voucher in se22 can claim the bags from the stores, distributing them. the stores will have a voucher in the window to help identify who is distributing them.

As i have explained in earlier posts the distribution of the vouchers was very disorganised, We have apologised and we are trying to rectify the situation.

Ahhh, you didn't say that you were away after the 29th and sorry that my attempt to clarify was unhelpful but I did try. I will personally get a bag for you on your behalf, when you return send me a private message and we'll sort out getting it to you. Michael, I'll try and get you for one too and hopefully that'll remove the irritation ;-).

I suspect a lot of people "with no junk mail" signs also missed out.

Shame they couldn't run a coupon add in SE22 Mag. I reckon the cost of that would have been a fraction of the hand delivered distribution cost.

Maybe we could have downloaded one also from a dedicated url.

or even this.....what do we all get every week anyway? Rubbish collections, recycling collections, post, these guys could have hand delivered the leaflets. i.e stick a sticker voucher on our recycle bags (peel and take in). That way the council is not paying for a 100% new distribution (that obviously failed). The dustman do this sort of thing with xmas notices... Just a few thoughts..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I tried to engage one Dulwich by email.  They sent me a lot of flannel but were not prepared to discuss things.  I clearly will not be joining.  I support groups  that campaign to improve the environment, our health and well being etc not single issue groups who want to maintain the status quo.  
    • You have to spend time in the area, only you know what feels right for you. You will then probably have more specific questions to ask which will be easier to answer.
    • I've known of this forum for a while, and given its very active and obviously contains a lot of locals I thought this would be a good place to ask... I have a dilemma and I could find some old thread from '14, but obviously in a decade much has changed with all of these areas (maybe the village less so) - so some background I'll supply, and I'd love to know what folks think on the area that will suit best based on below situation and wants/needs Us Mid/late 30's have lived nearer to Clapham/Brixton for many years - current house large enough but small garden, and Brixton area not great for kids plus long school commute A young kid starting school in the not too distant future (school slap bang in the middle of all the Dulwich's (not state, so without naming it, you get the idea of location) Work remote mostly around St Pauls a few days (both parents) so half decent links to that area of London good  Requirements Access out of London to the SW/W required occasionally by car, don't know anyone further East/South really Want a larger garden for kid/us - ideally semi detached house at the least and nothing smaller than what we have (which rules out most of ED apart from Upland/Friern type houses) Things locally to do with kids (soft play/fun park/cinema etc) and also a few handy shops (Rosendale Road/Park Hall Road would likely cover most little things) Nice and relatively safe neighbourhood feel - currently most of our street are 20 something sharers who aren't able to work out how the wheeliebins work/Brixton nutters roam about here Not too loud, there is a lot of noise where we are now, and its not what I want next time - so away from main road/bus route ideally. Ideally a walk to school or very short car/bike/scooter ride weather permitting it is one of the well known Dulwich schools  My take on things - please correct me/add to this, as I am not a local! Budget is up to around £2m, and in ED to get the same size house (circa 1800 sqft 4/5 bed) I'd probably end up quite a way from things, either on Upland/Friern or the bottom of Peck Rye for example I've seen some houses, seems a bit remote - most of the houses with good access to Lordship are quite small. Houses in the Village are either too expensive or are going to be the same as what I have now albeit with a better garden, but decent neighbourhood feel/access to park/local shops and things etc I feel is peak here of all areas - its nice and quiet - transport is a bit pants mind you Houses in WD seem to be larger in size, have nice sized gardens, depending how close I can get to WD station, the school is very close, there are 3 stations that would work well, and there is a small selection of local shops, feels OK neighbourhood wise? Nearer Norwood end I worry of all the things I dislike about being near Brixton, but maybe that is unfounded.   On balance I think trying to buy something around Rosendale road shops in either direction a couple hundred meters is likely going to offer the best house, best transport options, and meet my criteria with quieter life and being best for the school. But it isn't close to any of the parks really, and is it a bit dull if I get sick of The Rosendale? Dulwich Village I suspect is the best all round option but transport isn't great and obviously its the most expensive, and the LTN on Court Lane makes living in the roads there (which is likely all I could afford) and trying to get out SW a pain as you have to go all the way around. I like Lordship lane the most as a place for 'stuff' (although not sure these days if its that child compatible with loads of young people?), but house wise I'd likely end up too far from anything interesting as anything within a short walk of LL is pretty small and they don't have decent sized gardens. Any opinions welcome and encouraged as short of spending bloody ages online I only know what I know from my handful of visits to either location over the years.
    • You might possibly consider that the the degree of scepticism and suspicion your original post encountered was largely due to the accusatory nature of the title in which you specifically identified a long-standing and respected local business. You also sensationalised the matter by using the words "poisoning" and  "twice!" in the heading.  
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In