Spring babies club (due March/Apr/May 2012)

Hi Everyone,

I have only just seen this group... how did I miss it?

I?m a first time mum due April 18th and new-ish to the neighbourhood but I would absolutely love to meet other ladies in the area in the same boat. It sounds like your meeting up this Sunday, but its a big group already?

Starting my NCT classes on Monday at Trossachs Road, maybe I will see some of you there. And now that I know about this tread I?ll keep an eye one it

Aileen

Hi Ladies,

Our breakfast meeting was really nice, thanks Emma for organising!

Welcome to the new ladies!

I mentioned to a couple of ladies sitting near me (but you know the group is very big and unfortunately we can?t talk to everyone in our long table) that I'm trying to organise a First Aid Course for parents here in ED in my home as working so many years with early years I think it's very important. I'm first aid trained but with twins on the way, I also want my hubby to be (and it's also nice to have a refresher for me)

I wrote to few companies that can provide a qualified first aid Instructor to check price, hours...

The price will vary ?45 -60 depending on the size of the group, 3 or 4 hours course.

I was thinking to do it on a sunday morning? Is 19th February any good? ( I'm still waiting for confirmation on this day) or 4th march?

Looking forward to hearing back from you

Emmy

x

Hello

Thanks Emma for organising - was really lovely to see everyone!

Also, on another, slightly random note, but one of my really good friends is doing a psychotherapy training course with an organisation called the Lincoln Centre (based in South London and a member of the British Psychoanalytic Council - http://www.lincoln-psychotherapy.org.uk), part of which involves a baby observation. She basically needs to observe a baby?s development over the first year of his/her life, to see how it learns about and relates to the world around it. Unfortunately she can't observe my baby as she knows me too well and it needs to be someone she doesnt know...so she's looking for a baby to observe.

I'm just posting this on the off chance that someone might be happy to do this (or knows someone that would be). If anyone is interested, or wants more info, then please PM and I'll pass on her contact details and she'd be more than happy to talk through what it involves/meet up etc.

It would basically involve her coming to your home for an hour a week and just watching whatever is going on (so mum and baby can just do whatever they would be doing anyway). She would not be there to offer any advice or intervention, but purely as a completely neutral observer (i.e. a 'fly on the wall'!). Apparently, previous mums who've done it have found it a very positive and enjoyable experience to have another grown-up around thinking about baby's development.

Anyway, no worries if not, just thought I'd ask...

See you all soon

Catherine x

really lovely breakfast meet up - biggest turn out so far!

Looking forward to the 1st Feb gathering in a pub - I'll def get a photo of us all then.

We've talked about it everytime...maybe we should all wear a label with name and forum name next time!?

Jo

Hello there,

I've just heard about the Spring Babies Club, I'm due on April 13th. I've just moved here from Hackney so it would be lovely to meet some other Mums to be in the area. Just echoing what Aileen has said if you are meeting up on Sunday and have room for one more it would be lovely to come along, just let me know when and where.

Love Cassie x

Hi,

I hadn't picked up on the 1st Feb get together - I would be keen to come along. Have the time and place been agreed yet?

I completely agree that name badges are a good idea - my memory is worse than usual and that might help! I can get some stickers, if everyone thinks it is a good plan?

See you next week I hope!

Rhian

Hi,

I just heard about the Spring Babies club on Sunday in a yoga class. I'm due 6th April and would love to join your next get together - (if it's not too big already). Do you have something planned for 1st Feb?

Hope to meet you all soon,

Laura

The more the merrier to the newbies.

It's a virtual group via this thread. Now and then we plan a meet up for whoever can make it - we've had about 5 gatherings so far. Newbies add yourselves to the latest list - I think Emmy (emmylondon) posted the latest one.

Cassie - we met yesterday for breakfast - another breakfast meet will get planned soon - maybe 18 Feb??

Rhian/Laura - no firm plans for the 1st yet, but that's the next 'meet up' date (for a evening pub meet up) - keep an eye on this thread for details/venue - any suggestions on pubs that can reserve an area for 10-15 and/or a volunteer for organising??

So far for the 1st - any others?

Jo - jj55

Emma - jimnem

Jenny - jennifer

Jenny - countjc (if no parents evening!)

Jess - jessrm

Sophie - SKJ

Jane - janegoodland

Lucy - lucyclarke2001

Rhian - RhiDennis

Laura - laurajp

Hi all

I would be very happy to arrange the next meet up for us all on the 1st Feb.

Please let me know if you can make it.

I suggest we aim to meet up at 7.30pm. The Actress pub on crystal palace road could be a good option. Or a curry? What do people prefer?

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Laura: we met yesterday at yoga. Welcome to the group, I'm glad you found us. Hope to see you on the 1st!

Have good weeks.

Jess x

Hi lovely ladies and bumps.....

Jess if your'e organising the 1st Feb....please count me in! I'm happy with whatever arrangements are made!

Emmy - the first aid course sounds like an amazing idea, and I am a very strong advocate for all to try and attend (I'm a children's intensive care nurse). Whilst I don't need to personally attend it, I would be happy to help out in any way possible if you need it.

Emily

xx

Hi Ladies,

What a great mums to be table we had at our last breakfast!

I took the camera and forgot to take a picture.

I'm up to the meeting on the 1st Feb. I think the badges with names/forum names is a great idea as I still don't know the names of many of you.

Is there anyone interested to go on a New parents first aid course on 26th February in ED? Please PM .

Emmy

x