Pizza Express - Dulwich Village (what's it like?)

seanmlow

It's a fairly standard Pizza Express. There's not an awful lot to say. If you want child-free then avoid it on weekends. If you want to take the kids, get there early (I think they open at noon) otherwise the high chairs will all be taken.

It's certainly the best restaurant the Village has to offer - shamefully

Pizza Express can really hit a spot an one of the best evenings I had with Lady Mac was in this very one

But whilst it may be sound advice to the child-averse to avoid weekend daytimes, take it from me, week days are no guarantee. The single most hellish experience ever was on a cold winter's day off with a mate - we went in and it was a scene worse than Mrs Doubtfire. It looked as if every au pair and yummy mummy was in the place with minimum 3 kids each... That was 5 years ago and I still haven't recovered

"On the few times I have been there I have found it extremely off puttingly noisy."

I agree. I've eaten in lots of PEs over the years, but this is the one I've never been tempted to go back to due to the horrendous and annoying noise from children. I've never experienced it to such an extent in any other PE, but I guess its location makes it very family orientated, and I think it was early on a Sunday evening when I went.

My advice is to take ear plugs, just in case.