Unlablled Brown Bins removal.

I actually dont mind paying .. its less than a quid a week . Cant believe all these people who who desperately finding other ways to avoid it . I enjoy our garden and feel privalkedged to be able yo use the brown bin but ive paid for mine and its been taken away !

Same problem here.

And where are we supposed to put rotting food at the moment when we don't have a brown bin (or brown caddy)

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I paid. Not received a label yet. This morning

> they took my bin away! No contact details on

> southwark website. WTF am I supposed to do now!!

>

> Contact your local councillor. This is clearly

> just an administrative error, but no the less

> irksome for that.

peckman Wrote:

> Herne hilly .. how very community minded of you.

Im guessing you are talking about the leaves, after 20 yrs of sweeping them up and the ?1000s spent due to subsidence from the trees. Im not going to pay for a bin as well. I don't believe I am obligated to get rid of the leaves.

Personally my garden is not huge and will be happy to have one less bin and will just pay for bags when i need them.

My Veolia mole again - problems with some collections may be down to the removal of a (blue/ green bin) lorry from the circuit, and then its replacement (when there was found to be too much work) by an entirely new crew - just given a map of where to collect from. So they have no 'crew' knowledge of their routes and therefore aren't replacing bins correctly because (if they're using runners ahead of the lorry), they don't know where exactly they've been pulled out from. I found 3 blue bins in my drive on Tuesday, only one of which was mine! I think I re-homed them correctly. Normally crews are replaced piecemeal (except where an emergency crew is on) so route knowledge is passed on within a team. Hey ho!

What happens when people are away on holiday and bins are just plonked anywhere and can stay there forever.

I have had bins parked on my front steps that do not belong to me.

Nobody in my area would even think of putting bins back where they came from even when they have numbers painted on.

Most places in my area are three flat victorian conversions with young renters who do not give a damm.

Most workable and tried and tested systems evolve over time unlike now by a untested PC idea.

The same green truck, staffed by Veolia contractors is now reversing, yes reversing, the wrong way down the bus lane on Lordship Lane opposite the Lordship Estate towards Dulwich Library, picking up bins as they go. The single most stupid piece of driving I?ve seen for a while. And yes people have tried to tell them it?s dangerous but are just being waved round.

sandyman Wrote:

> Well this is exciting. We paid our ?25 subs last

> week and are still waiting for a sticker to put on

> our brown bin. Except that we now no longer have a

> brown bin...

Yes exactly the same here......

That was happening to us as well (neighbours using our bin) .. until it got taken away ! It was actually filled up with garden waste once coincidentally the same day our neighbours were gardening

Anazing what hoops sone people will jump through to save 35 quid

It?s ?25 not ?35

?25 for the part year (the scheme didn't start until well after April) - it was meant to be pro-rata for ?30 for a full year. Whether they stick to ?30 when they set the fee for next year is a moot point, of course! Don't hold your breathe on this would be my advise. If so few people are taking the scheme up, they'll probably want to up the fee to get their expected returns for next year, as their revenues will be nowhere near their costs of implementation this year, I'm guessing.