Car accident on Lordship Lane

The best and most sensible option is top put a sniper with a laser gun on a nearby rooftop to zap people and their cars who park outside Costcutters on the corner and the outside Bishop causing holdups. Or a mini roundabout.

I believe they're going to put a pedestrian crossing outside Somerfield.

or restrict the lane access to private cars which would benefit everyone involved

sorry - how silly of me - we dont want to stop our lovely retailers from making money do we - what ar few lives compared to hard cash ?

I retract my absurd idea

What you'd actually need is that sniper, plus a couple of trucks to tow away the suddenly-driverless cars. And perhaps a clean up team for the bodies. Oh, and a lookout or two presumably. Maybe some heavies to fend off any unwanted attention. And with a team this big, you'll need some admin. Which means premises of some sort. So you'll need cleaners too. And maybe get a canteen - so, catering staff - but hey, people need to eat. Now, this is all getting quite large. Perhaps you'd need a dedicated HR team to keep track of it all. And of course there'd need to be management to keep it all running smoothly (ahem), and a board of directors for the more strategic, high-level stuff...

Sorry. Getting a bit OT there. *slaps wrist*

i prefer the idea of only allowing people who are identifiably working class and have lived in God's Own Postcode for all their lives to even walk down Lordship Lane. That way they can have unrestricted access to the fruit machine shop, Kebab and Wine and Iceland while all the yummy mummys and other assorted grotesque, middle-class incomers have to sit at home and wait for Ocado to deliver.

The junction is too narrow for a mini-roundabout. The problem arises I think out of strangers to the area not seeing the no-right-turn ahead signs before Matham Grove. I wonder if East Dulwich Grove should be one-way from Lordship Lane to the Matham Grove junction? I suppose the residents of Matham Grove would hate that though....

Amazing. The image above from last year is actually the second time a car has ploughed into benches at The Bishop.

I had the luckiest escape of my life back in 2005 when, sitting outside with my brother, a car veered off lordship lane towards us at high speed . Missed us by about 2 ft, clipped the bench by the corner far corner sending two girls scarpering see-saw style before ploughing into a garden wall off the side street. Drunk woman driver.

I honestly shit my pants but it happened so fast we didnt even have time to react. Thankfully nobody badly hurt but its surely happened enough now to warrant railings to protect people? Sitting outside there is potentially very bad for your health!

The junction is too narrow for a mini-roundabout. The problem arises I think out of strangers to the area not seeing the no-right-turn ahead signs before Matham Grove. I wonder if East Dulwich Grove should be one-way from Lordship Lane to the Matham Grove junction? I suppose the residents of Matham Grove would hate that though....

yes we would also , the number 37 bus and any lorry or large vechile would not be able to make it down matham grove as it has a sharp left turn.

This part of LL is getting very difficult to access - with cars on the pub side, cars trying to turn into ED Grove, silly buggers coming down ED Grove who ignore the no right turn signs. Was stuck between the roundabout and ED Grove for ages last night ( around 6.15) as 2 37s at bus stop outside Nero's, cars parked between EDT and the Bishop, a large van trying to overtake the 37's and just squeezing through the cars trying to go up LL. Another idiot coming from EDGrove trying to follow the van, a car turning right into EDG forced to stop midway across as could'nt get into EDG. A right balls up.

I vaguely remember that as a 'sweetner' for re-routing 37s up EDG instead of Melbourne, that TFL were going to install traffic lights to aide the flow - or was I imagining it?. I know a discussion came up at the East Dulwich Community Council about it a year or so back.

Since our Community Council Members read this site - perhaps they can bring it up at the next meeting. Or should someone ask a question under the Soap Box rule.

My daughter was involved in the accident at the LL/EDG junction on 18/12/06 she was in her pram with my Mother pushing her. The car approached on the wrong side of the road and knocked the pram straight out of my Mother's grasp as she attempted to cross over ED GROVE, The pram skidded across LL with my daughter still in it, it landed across the road outside The Bishop....very upsetting indeed. My daughter was very lucky and my Mother is still seeing counsellor relating to the incident. This is the mess the driver left the pram in.......

fonson that was such a miraculous escape, my thoughts were very much with you at the time. i hope she was small enough not to know what was going on. sorry if this thread brought up bad memories for you.

and sorry to invalidate the earlier discussion about the bishop junction but the accident yesterday was on the moo too junction which is a bit further up, with a car stuffed into the front of the chemist. regardless of where exactly i reckon it's only a matter of time before someone does get badly injured or worse on this stretch.

crikey, that is so scary! Seeing that buggy, not surprised Gran is still in shock. don't want to be a complete doom monger, but what happened to the little lad who was in an accident in a bus lane further up LL? (I think near post office/somerfield). One just wants to know that they were ok in the end.