Winter babies club (due Dec 2012, Jan/Feb 2013)

Hi Dainee,

Thanks for sorting out location!

Can't see why other halves should not be allowed to come, besides my husband will be delighted to frighten first time dads with labour stories - just joking, don't want to frighten anybody. Our birthing experience first time round was a very good one and we will be happy to pass any info on.

Looking forward to meeting you,

R

Hello Ladies,

I am expecting my first baby on 27th Jan and I'm toying between a home birth or water birth!? Leaning towards the home birth option...

I've just sent off for the free Antenatal classes with King's as well and I'm looking into pregnancy yoga classes - has anyone else tried this or thought about this? Any recommendations? I would love to join you all (and I'll see if my husband wants to join) on 12th September if that's ok?

I also wanted to share this little gem with you all. My sister got this for me as a gift and although I'm not quiet big enough for it yet I can see how handy it will be later on as I get more uncomfortable. It's a blow up Lilo with a hole for your bump so you can lay on your front. Think I'll use it to just watch TV rather than at the beach but still a bonus to have:

http://www.holo-lilo.com/

Take care

Tess

Tess123 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello Ladies,

>

> I am expecting my first baby on 27th Jan and I'm

> toying between a home birth or water birth!?

> Leaning towards the home birth option...

>

> I've just sent off for the free Antenatal classes

> with King's as well and I'm looking into pregnancy

> yoga classes - has anyone else tried this or

> thought about this? Any recommendations? I would

> love to join you all (and I'll see if my husband

> wants to join) on 12th September if that's ok?

>

> I also wanted to share this little gem with you

> all. My sister got this for me as a gift and

> although I'm not quiet big enough for it yet I can

> see how handy it will be later on as I get more

> uncomfortable. It's a blow up Lilo with a hole for

> your bump so you can lay on your front. Think I'll

> use it to just watch TV rather than at the beach

> but still a bonus to have:

> http://www.holo-lilo.com/

>

> Take care

> Tess

Hi Tess,

Congratulations!!

You can have a water birth at home. I'm between this and birthing centre.

Love the halo lilo.

I'm going to hopefully come for drinks. Not sure I'll be able to convince the husband to come though.

How is everyone feeling? I'm feeling well. Bump growing pretty quickly now.

I'm feeling pretty good! How are you feeling Ramble? Looking back you must have had your 20 week scan now? How was it?

I'm 15 + 4 now and finally a bump is starting to show - its a relief after just looking a bit bloated for quite a while... although clothing for work is starting to stress me out!

Along with the growing bump I seem to be getting some more twinges (which I think is probably growing/stretching pains) but every new twinge I think 'oooh, do I need to worry about that??'. First baby panic and all that!!

Yeah I feel good. Still occasional tired days and when I have to eat, I have to eat!!

20 week scan was amazing. Stayed team yellow. Just realised it'll probably save me money! If I knew it was a girl could have just spent a fortune on GAP!

When is your 20week scan?

I hated the bloat stage. Popped at 17/18weeks. Now at 22 weeks definitely look pregnant.

Glad you're feeling good too. Ive had loads of twinges, pulls, cramps. All normal but a bit disconcerting. It was worse from weeks 15-20. Now I'm getting daily uterus contractions which I think are classed as braxton hicks? They don't last long. Esp happens after I pee if my bladder was full.

Glad to hear that someone else is controlled by food! I am 17 weeks and 3 days and still sick every now and then but i think its when i am tired or hungry.

Also getting growing pains. Nobody seems to mention those before you get pregnant :-)

Well done for resisting the temptation to find out the sex. We're having a girl and very excited.

Braxton hicks do not sound fun either.

I've found another handy thing for breast feeding that you ladies might find handy. It's called Breast Nurse and my friend said they work better than cabbage leafs. You can make them hot or cold (hot helps stimulate milk flow during feeding and cold helps ease engorgement) - ?10.

http://www.oscardehn.com/search.asp?type=yes&types=new+mums

So handy knowing people with babies, don't think I would find any of these things without them!

Tess

Hello! I am 23 weeks and want to also apply for the free Antenatal classes with King's. I called and they said there is a form in my maternity notes but I couldn't see anything...

Can you let me know please how you went about it.

Thank you

Sally

Ah, glad it was good. My 20 week scan is in early Oct, seems ages away at the moment though! We have decided to stay team yellow too :)

Salsie - I definitely got a form in my maternity notes (I think they gave it to me along with my notes etc when I had my booking in appt at Kings). It was a scrappy photocopied bit of paper, there were a couple - one was for breastfeeding workshops I think.

Hi Sally,

They look like letters rather than being in the pack. I still have my copy and can scan you a copy if you want to give me your email address? They give you options for times and days you'd prefer. Then you send off the slips and they write back to say which ones they've been able to allocate to you. You could send your options on a scrap of paper and I'm sure that would be ok.

Tess x

I got the photocopied form as well... it was towards the end of the stapled section my midwife gave on our booking in appointment. I can bring a p/c if you're coming on the 12th?

On another note... just had my 22 week scan at Kings and it's a boy!!! Help! Obviously am over the moon he's healthy but I've not got a clue about bringing up boys. Any thoughts on how it may be different from a girl (apart from the obvious)?? And is anyone else having a boy?

Thank you Tess and Klove - much appreciated as I can't find these and don't remember getting them!

Klove congratulations on news of your boy, though can't give you any advice as it's out 1st!

Shall definitely try and make the 12th! Be lovely to meet you all...

Sally x

Hello, can I join you too? I am due on 9th January and planning to have the baby at Kings. We had our 20week scan last week and all is well!

Would love to join you on the 12th but it might be touch and go because of work so I'll update on here if I can't make it.

ramble, I've also been having braxton hicks pretty much every day and like you, often linked to needing to pee/emptying bladder. it is especially bad if I get hot/dehydrated, stressed and after long car journeys. I hate them as sometimes I get loads and then I start to panic about whether I'm having too many as they say you should get checked out if you get more than 4 in an hour or if they get painful. I'm starting to realise it's probably just normal for me though as I've been checked by the MAU and scanned a couple of times and all is fine. It's hard to know what it normal in your first pregnancy though!

X

Oh right, so that's what Braxton Hicks are! I have been having uterine contractions since the beginning (I'm 22 weeks now). They're not painful though. I assumed it must be normal, never thought of Braxton Hicks - I had always imagined that was something that started near the end.

How are everyones' scans going? I had mine this week, didn't want to know the gender but I'm 90% sure it's a boy now, which is wonderful.

Best wishes to everyone

Nicola x

It's so different for everyone so it's hard to know what is 'normal' and not. BH do not sound fun though.

Sonners - I have my 20 week scen the following Monday so we're not far off each other! We found out we're having a little girl at 13 weeks. Good luck with the scan.

Looking forward to meeting you all

I think it is hard to know what's 'normal' and what isn't - and easy to worry if you don't think your experience is 'normal'. I'll be 24 weeks pregnant on Sunday and haven't felt the baby move yet, bar 1 or 2 almost imperceptible 'flutters', or had any braxton hicks contractions; whilst others I know at a similar stage are getting BH's and lots of kicks. Guess every baby and every pregnancy is different.

Had my 20 week scan at St Thomas's a few weeks back and decided not to find out the gender. My guess is that it's a girl but I'm not really sure why! Probably because I had so much morning sickness in the first 12 weeks and that's supposed to indicate a girl, or so I've heard.

We stayed team Yellow. Been referring to 'her' as 'she', husband refers to 'him' as 'he'!

My BHs aren't painful, although I think they can be towards to end, it's just strange.

I agree, no normal. I have people tell me my bump is small and people who think it's big. I've no idea. Just pleased to look pregnant now rather than just bloated. Having clothing nightmare though. Time for a shop I think but don't want to spend much. I seemed to miss the flutter stage and started to feel the odd kick (thud) at 20weeks.

Good luck with your scans ladies. I was nervous too. It was great but takes ages. Amazing seeing the heart chambers and she showed us the blood pumping around them. I'm at lewisham so don't get a 36week scan. Won't see baby again now until the birth. Weird!

Ramble, I have found asos and seraphine (which you can get online or at John Lewis) good for not-too-expensive maternity stuff. I had a look in pretty pregnant on north cross road but couldn't find much there I liked.

Tried to find out baby bursty's sex at the last scan but they couldn't see because of the baby's position. Anyone else have this problem? I have another scan on Tuesday so hoping to find out then.

I was wrong - found out at last night's scan that it's a girl! I was convinced it was a boy based on no morning sickness...

Should have known better really given that my brother and my two cousins all have two girls each so ours will be Girl No. 7 on that side of the family, I'm obviously not bucking the trend!