the vale pub - changes afoot

colville09 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What about a ukulele club?

xxxxxx

"a" ukulele club?

The Dulwich Ukulele Club is a band :) who I'm sure would go down great there :)

I think the Dulwich Ukelele Club would be great too (I'm a big fan) but I meant sessions where us lesser mortals can bring our ukes along and jam / learn / strum together. Could fill up an empty time and be great fun (well at least for the players who will need a few drinks to get them going).

delighted to hear this, ditto many of the above references to appaling past experiences of the vale. shame about the football though, none at all?? Also, apart from good beer, friendly bar staff who actually look like they want to be there and talk to you make a pub for me. good luck with it.

Fabulous news! Welcome Chris and Antonia :-)

I'm unbelievably chuffed that you've taken over, have boycotted the pub since this dreadful experience but would love to go back love supporting local business.

Plus the Vale has always felt like it could be so much more, it has bags of potential - and space, just felt a bit dreary with an awful manager.

Look forward to visiting when you're properly up and running

Quiet a trek to the Vale. It has to be worth passing 4 other pubs to get there. :)

Not Footy mad but did go there a few times to watch games not being shown anywhere else..

A large area that is freezing in the winter. Guess it is difficult to heat.

Will pop my head around the door at some time.

Has needed a change for many years now.

Even a Smile :) would make a huge difference.

Fox.

Good news indeed and best of luck. Whilst I'm not a fan of pub name changes (esp those that have a long history) I would definitely consider it here. I also put money on the Great Exhibition reverting to the CPT name in 2019.

Will the food be home-made or are you buying in from a Brakes Bros style company and just reheating on site?

There are great local suppliers of good quality meat, fish, bread, etc.

Which brewery are you tied to? How much freedom are they giving you with beers? There are some great London and SE England micro-brewers who do great stuff. The Pilgrim Brewery in Reigate for example.

Best of luck with the pub. It's my second nearest and I never go there. I'll certainly give you a chance to turn it around.

Harvey?s /Hooper?s

Is it because they are surnames at all or because they are similar surnames?

I like the habit (more common in Ireland anyway) of a pub being just the name of the owner

I doubt very much it?ll catch on here but I was just pointing out a preference ? I find naming pubs to be increasingly tortuous. Even New Hamlet Inn seems to be trying too hard