Spring babies club (due Mar, Apr, May 2013)

Great let's meet - Is The Crooked Well local enough? The EDT always seems to be packed with mum's and babies but I'm esay.

Shall we try before Xmas?

How best to organise?! Coffee on the wekeend or midweek evening?

Jess

Hi

I have made a list with all of us and babies' approximate due dates

Soon as you know a more exact date I will update :)

Audrey 2nd baby due March

Jnb 1st baby due 1 March

Goldilocks 2nd baby due beg March

SEGirl 2nd baby due beg March

Natalie 1st baby due beg March

Mrs f 2nd baby due mid March

Bella83 1st baby due mid March

Ana maria 1st baby due mid March

Blueskies 2nd baby due mid March

Bluesuperted 2nd baby due end March

Mollydoodle 2nd baby due beg April

Cornelia 2nd baby due mid April

Gooders79 2nd baby due mid April

Julesjules100 1st baby due 25 April

KattyKit 2nd baby due May

Cmacnew 2nd baby due May

RuthieB 1st baby due 9 May

MM22 3rd baby due beg May

Rougepamplemousse 2nd baby due end May

Izzybob 2nd baby due end May

In terms of meeting up I am going to suggest Thursday 29 November during the day at The Plaugh for whoever can make it. Happy with another venue if you know a more suitable one.

x

Hi Jess

The Crooked Well is local to me (I'm a bit further up towards Camberwell) but it's all really close so I'm not bothered at all.

I work in the City (ie rubbish hours) and don't get home until 8pm most nights so weekends would really be best for me. Things are a bit hectic in the run up to Xmas (plus I'm leaving early to go back to my family in Lancs) but could easily do first week in Jan. Will give us a bit more time to see if we can get some more first timers together!

J x

Hello!

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on organising a meet up. I'd definitely be keen to join! Like some others, I'll be more flexible in the New Year, but of course very happy if that means joining in at a second meet up.

rougepamplemousse - I'm very impressed with your collating of everyone's dates! To be more specific, I'm due on 9th March (though not holding my breath for an arrival on that date!!).

Hope everyone's well,

n xx

Hello

Can I join? You seem like a friendly bunch!

I am expecting baby no 2 mid April I am currently in west London but moving to Sydenham in January (I am gatecrashing this forun though as sydenham has nothing like this!)

I am keen to meet other mums as I don't really know any in the area. Am definitely keen to attend any meet ups you have next year.

Also quick question I obviously have to change hospitals I think the two nearest one are lewisham or kings so just wanted to get opinions of these before I decide.

Thanks

Rach

Hi

I'm expecting #2 mid May. I'd love to meet up with people but am also working on Thursdays so that's out for me.

Welcome to SE London, Rach! Kings and Lewisham both have their plus points. Lewisham has an amazing new birth centre whereas Kings is just the labour ward. But Kings has a better reputation for the medical stuff. People have their own views based on their experiences! I had a home birth last time with the community midwives and I know Lewisham also has a great group of midwives.

Oh how funny! I remember finding out this time and then going about my toddler day in a total daze! Lovely news anyway! I'm much much better now, still exhausted but pretty good compared to first 4 months, hardly have chance to reflect on pregnancy this time and sometimes find it quite surprising when I get a particularly forceful kick!!

Look forward to meeting up with you and others on the thread, toddler friendly and day times are good for me predictably!

RachC, I agree with Simonethebeaver in terms of hospitals.

I had my first at Kings and chose it because I needed a c section. I was however disappointed with the antenatal care and the level of care in the hospital was terrible, it was extremely busy and the midwives were and looked extremely tired and unfortunately not doing their job properly. My daughter had jaundice and the midwife missed doing a test to detect that. Therefore 2-3 days after arriving home I had to go to emergency with her. I chose Lewisham this time and I was impressed with how well I was looked after.

Lots of people on this forum have all sorts of different stories so you might end up being more confused after reading everything.

What I would say is if you think it will be a straightforward natural birth the midwifes at Lewisham are better and the birth centre is great.

Though I had my first child at home I am thinking of going to hospital this time I will have to go to Kings if I do as I am with the Lanes midwifes but if I was in the normal midwife care I would definitely have given the birthing centre at Lewisham a go as seems a nice midway idea between a home and hospital birth.

Hi everyone

I'm expecting baby no. 1 on May 6th and would love to join your group as I don't know any local mum's who will be home while I'm on mat leave.

I work in the city so could only meet up in the evening or at the weekend so can I gate crash the first time mum's plans if you haven't met up already?

Also can anyone recommend any evening antenatal exercise classes? I've just started to get some energy back so need to do something!

Thanks v much

C