Spring babies club (due Mar, Apr, May 2013)

Hello all,

Yes another full time worker here too, so until Feb a daytime thing unless at the weekend won't work for me either. How about the next meet up is evening or weekend? I'm guessing everyone will be busy over Christmas, but January feels like a long time away.. (March seems like an eternity away if I'm being honest... this work/toddler/pregnancy combo is no joke!)

Anyone got any really good pregnancy pillow recommendations? I have the dreamgenii one from last time, but just doesn't seem to be cutting it this time around. I'm waking now in the middle of the night needing both a drink and the loo (never sure how that works!) and can't get comfy when I get back into bed, my back is getting increasingly stiff despite lots of stretching.... and I just can't afford to lose precious sleep!

Hi all

I'd be keen for a weekend meet up and maybe even evening if I can get Hubbie home to baby sit in time. I work part time so also around Monday and Friday, mornings or mid afternoons as my daughter naps after lunch for a couple of hrs usually.

Audrey, I have found the dream genii doesn't seem to be as comfortable this time round! My bump feels completely different. Have you tried one of those wedges that go under the bump?

X

Hi Audrey

I hear you on the waking in the middle of the night to pee - I can't get back to sleep after that and this morning I woke at 4am. My eyes are rolling around in my head at my desk now!

Before getting pregnant I had one of these as it stoped my hips sticking into the mattress and going dead. It's a total god send and has lasted years. Think it would definitely help with getting comfortable in bed.

http://www.putnams.co.uk/sleeping/ripple-mattress-topper

They also do other bits that may be suitable for bump support

http://www.putnams.co.uk/sleeping

J

Hi everyone and sorry I'm late to the party :)

I was watching the 'winter babies club' before this was set up and didn't check back for a while so glad to see this is now live!

My first is due May 19th. I'd love to meet up but agree with what seems to be the majority that evenings or weekends are best for now.

Why don't we stick to rougepamplemousse's suggestion of Thursday November 29th at The Plough? Rather than during the day and to give everyone time to sort dinner, kids and other admin shall we say from 7.30pm?

Victoria

Hi all, I am pregnant with my second baby and due beg of April. My little boy will be nearly three when baby arrives. Loving being pregnant again and would like to join a meetup with those of you in this group. Im a full time mum so can do something in the day.

Hello again and welcome to the new folks!

As to this Thursday at the Plough - who is in? I can probably be there, though more like 8pm or so.

Also - we seem to have quite a geographical spread - meet-ups have been suggested from Plough in the South to Crooked Well in the North... perhaps somewhere nearer the middle would be a handy compromise (for next time, unless location is already a factor for anyone?) - say EDT or thereabouts?

Looking forward to meeting up.

Hi, evenings to meetup aren't that easy for me, and im guessing for quite a few as have to get littleone to bed and wait for my husband to get home. If the next meetup could be in the day for those that can make it that would be great and somewhere on l.l would work i think...say Green and BLue.Shall we get a couple of meetups planned? Say the day one next week?

Hi all,

Shall I just crack on and suggest a date. I met one of the other mums to be on this discussion board today and she felt a day meetup might work well too. How about Green and Blue, as there is room for those of us with prams and toddlers, for Friday the 14th December. That gives us all a couple of weeks and we can see how many of us can make it? Any takers?

Katie x

Hello, not sure whether the meet up is happening today or tonight, but out of courtesy I just wanted to let people know that I can't make this evening this time (OH is at a work thing), but hopefully next evening time one.

Thanks for the replies on pillows, that mattress cover looks a bit crazy! Anyway I've stuck an extra pillow at my back and seems to be working for now. I think I need to avoid rolling onto my back, that's what seems to be making me stiff. Maybe a wedge would be a good idea as well.

Hope everyone else is sleeping and feeling well!

Hello. I posted on the thread a few weeks ago, but it was pre-scan and I felt a bit apprehensive about posting again until that was out of the way! Anyway, I would love to join a daytime meet up on Friday 14 December with my son (currently 15 months). Would it be possible to have it in the afternoon as we go swimming in the morning? Hope all are well and look forward to meeting some of you soon!

Hi All and Katie

Friday 14 sounds great ..what time from?..I hope to make it..but I do work so may not be able to.

As many can't do weekdays..how about a second meet on SATURDAY 29th DECEMBER in the EDT from 2pm??

If there is some sporting vent I'm unaware of..we'll move x x

Hi everyone,

Baby number two is due in May and I already have a toddler who will be nearly 3 at the time of arrival... Rougepamplemousse you left me off your list!

Audrey - I have a recommendation for a pregnancy pillow that I loved the first time around and have just got out of storage for this pregnancy. It's called the Theraline Big V and you can get one from John Lewis. You can also use it after the baby is born to support your arms whilst breastfeeding (helpful in the early days). They are filled with beads a bit like a bean bag so you can really mould them a lot to get comfy. I tried out the Dream Genie and didn't find it as supportive. Here is a link: www.johnlewis.com/230733273/Product.aspx?

On another note and due to popular demand I have finally set a date for my January Active Birth Workshop! The date I am going with is the 20th January and I have two confirmed couples coming. I like to keep the classes fairly small so do PM me sooner rather than later if you are interested in coming.

The workshop costs ?35 per person and I would recommend that you bring your birth partner with you so that they understand the Active Birth principles and can support you with that in mind during the labour. The day runs from 10am to 5pm and we shall sit down and have a lovely home cooked organic lunch together as well as tea breaks throughout the day and cake in the afternoon. A couple from one of my previous workshops will come by to share their story and answer your questions. The workshop will be held at my home in Camberwell where there is plenty of free parking and public transport.

Please do PM me if you have any questions or would like to book.

Many thanks,

Charly.

p.s. I shall aim to come to Green and Blue on Friday 14th (love their brownies!) but have someone coming over for lunch that day so it depends what time you decide to meet and what time my friend leaves.

Seems we have a few meetings/suggetions in the mix and limited availability - it must be that time of the year! Rather than try and get too many people together, shall we go ahead with some of the dates already suggested as long as a few people can go to each? I would suggets we re-arrange this evening to another week night to give more people time to respond as there are only two of us at the mo!

We could also choose a date in January (on a Saturday) that most people can plan towards for a bigger get together?

These are the current suggested dates as well as a new week night date. Please respond to let those organising know to go ahead an make a booking if a few peolple are in.

Fri, Dec 14th @ 3pm - Green and Blue

Thurs, Dec 20th @ 8pm - The Actress

Sat, Dec 29th @ 2pm - EDT

Hope to meet more of you soon! Does someone want to take the lead on the January meet?

Vx

I seem to be joining in very late... sorry, but time just flies! I'm due with #3 in late May and will have a 2 year old and a 4 year old by then. Please let me know about any meet ups in January as it would be great to meet some other people who will be off with similar aged children next summer!

Hello everyone

I would love to meet on 14 dec at green and blues so see those who can make it there.

I'm happy to get the ball rolling and suggest dates for January meet ups, if I've got the gist of it right it might help to choose one daytime and one weekend meet up for those working full time.

How about Saturday 12 January in the morning 10ish for coffee and cake at the cafe on peckham rye and Friday 25 January daytime at edt?

Hi Charly!

My husband and I would like to attend if you can book a space for us. What do you need to know for us to book?

I looked at the active birth centre website and their active birth one day workshop, is this the kind of topics you will be looking at?

Thanks

Clare

Hi all,

Thread is getting busy now! Thanks for the advice re hospitals. I think I am going to plump for Lewisham as I would like to use the birth centre. I wanted to last time as well but my daughter had other ideas!

Our house move looks like its going to be the end of Jan - just want to move now so I can get settled before the baby arrives. I might actually be down in south east London on 14th dec visiting a nursery so could possibly make the meet up at green and blue. Will let you know for sure nearer the time.

Thanks rgracieg for sorting us!

I'm working full time so Sat Jan 12th coffee is perfect at Peckham Rye.

Currently working in Kenya, back at the end of the week.

missing my husband and being able to walk anywhere, but thankfully feeling ok now.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in Jan :-)

Hi all!

I'm expecting my first, due on the 25th April. I don't know many mums in the local area so it would be great to meet up over the coming months. I'm hoping to make it to Green and Blue on the 14th and hopefully some more in January. Look forward to seeing you soon! Sara