Spring babies club (due Mar, Apr, May 2013)

landellsrd Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> hi everyone, just saw this group for the first

> time - im due with my first on the 24th March..

> hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you soon at

> another meet-up, looks like I missed this

> weekend's one.

> Also might be interested in the Active Birth

> Classes...?

> All the best,

> Becky

Hello Becky and everyone else,

I have been super busy which is why I have taken so long to respond to this inquiry about my Active Birth workshops. Apologies. My next workshop is planned for the 10th March but if enough people are interested then I shall run one in February as well. My workshop on Sunday (sadly it was full otherwise I would have posted again to advertise) went really well with very positive feedback. If anyone would like any details about the agenda etc. then please PM me or email me ([email protected]) and I shall answer all of your questions. Please also let me know if you are interested in either the March workshop or possibly one in February.

Thanks!

Charly.

P.S. Completely forgot to add that I do individual 3 hour personalised sessions too at a time that is convenient to both of us. They cost ?70 per couple and I come to your house and bring all of my props with me and leave you with a massive wall hanging of all the details we have covered so that you can remind yourselves in the days and weeks following the session of what to focus on before the birth. (Don't worry, it's stuck up with static electricity and will stick to anything without leaving a mark!)

I have done 3 individual sessions so far and they have all gone brilliantly although you may prefer the

group experience more. The fist individual session was for a mother wanting a VBAC, the second was for a mother who was planning a homebirth after a very traumatic first birth experience in hospital and the third session was for a first time mother who was unsure whether she wanted a homebirth or not and just wanted to maximise her chances of having a natural birth wherever it happened to be located. All had fantastic experiences and the VBAC mother even called me from her hospital bed straight after the baby was born to thank me!

Please PM me if you are interested in one of these individual sessions and we shall come up with a date together.

Thanks again,

Charly.

Hello everyone. Can't believe it's taken me this long to find this thread given how much time I have been spending on EDF recently!

I'm due 22nd March and it would be great to meet up with others in the area that are due around the same time. Apart from tomorrow, do you have any plans to get together again soon?

Thanks

Hannah

Hello everyone,

We are having our second baby mid May. Our daughter will be 3 then. I have signed up for a refresher course in April, which is only for 1 day, I thought that sounds good.

I am also very anxious to see how I will cope with 2.

If the second time round mums meet up at some point, please would you let me know. It would be great to get to know a few people who will be in the same situation as us. We have also only moved to forest hill in October so am keen to get to know others.

Hi iddi1981

There are quite a few of us second (or for some, third) timers on this thread... Welcome

I have also just moved to the area and am due no 2 at end of April (my daughter is 3)

Some are meeting today at 11.30 at le chandelier on lordship lane and there is a Saturday meet on 9 Feb at Victoria inn on Bellenden rd at 4pm. Hope to meet you at one.... And what refresher course is it?

Jude x

Shame to have missed you Katie, but there will be other midweek get togethers for sure.

For those that came today, really great to meet you & looking forward to seeing you soon - I'll definitely be there on the 9th Feb & hopefully at the next midweek one once I'm on mat leave...

Suzie

Hi everyone

I hope those bumps are growing and keeping well along with the Mama's that is!

I'm hoping to be there on the 9th Feb at The Victoria Inn and like Suzie hopefully at the midweek meet once I'm on maternity leave. Only 5 weeks to go so I'm on the countdown now!

P

Hello Hannah,

I'm due the 27th March so we are very close :-)

There is another meeting the 9th February in the Victoria inn (if you read previous posts you should find the address).I think we were meeting in the afternoon but not sure what time. Was it 4pm? If not now, I'm sure someone will confirm it before then.

Esther x

Hey there. I'm afraid I haven't been on this thread much recently - not sure where the time has gone! Unfortunately, we can't make the 9 Feb, but if anyone is around for a weekday meet up, it would be lovely to catch up. I'm due mid-May and already have a little boy who is now 16 months.

I'm another one who is feeling uncertain about how it will work with two - my current fixation is whether or not we actually need a double buggy.... I'm not sure we'll manage without, but they all seem so big and clunky. At least it's a more practical worry than the sleep ones - my son isn't too bad, but would definitely like a better sleeper this time!

Anyway, I hope all are well and it would be lovely to cath up with people soon.

Hello All,

I just spotted this as I've been looking for some pregnancy yoga for my wonderful, and increasingly pregnant wife, our first is due in late April, Vivi is new to East Dulwich, from Mexico, and I just told her about this thread and she'd LOVE to meet some local mums. Sadly we're away on the 9th, but if there's another get together sometime soon, weekdays work for her, then she'd really like to come along, she's not on the forum so if you don't mind me being an interested Dad i'll let her know?

Many thanks, have a great time

Dave

Hello all once again,

I have mothers interested in attending an Active Birth Workshop in February but need 3 definite attendees for the workshop to go ahead. The date that works for most seems to be the 10th Feb so I thought I'd post again to see if anyone was interested. The day costs ?50 per person as I have now qualified and Janet Balaskas will not allow me to charge any less. This price does include a copy of her book, the New Active Birth, and lunch and tea and cake so I still work out a lot cheaper than her! All the food I offer is homemade from scratch and organic.

The agenda for the day will be as follows:

1. Getting to know your pelvis and the baby's path through it.

2. Optimal positions for a safer and easier birth.

3. Stages of labour and what to expect.

4. A natural birth video with discussion after.

5. Lunch.

6. A birth story from a new mother with plenty of time for questions.

7. Deep dive into the main birthing hormones and how to protect their function so that your labour progresses normally.

8. Group exercise using knowledge gained so far.

9. Another inspiring birth film with discussion after.

10. Tea and cake.

11. Waterbirth - some facts, tips and practical advice.

11. Discussion around induction: is it really necessary and what it involves for you and your baby.

12. Safe delivery of the placenta and discussion about cord clamping.

13. Group exercise: the breath and transmuting pain.

14. Mantras and affirmations.

15. Questions.

So far I have a 100% success rate with every mother having a totally natural birth and a positive story to share at the end. This includes first time mothers, home birth mothers, VBAC mothers and mothers who had very large babies (10lb!) I have also been able to help out with breastfeeding advice and support afterwards.

My other passion is baby wearing and I offer a completely free tea and cake group session after your baby is born as an opportunity to share your birth stories with my other new mothers and try out my extensive sling collection if you so wish.

Please do PM me if you are interested.

Many thanks,

Charly.

p.s. I am also hoping to make it to the meetup on the 9th. My bump is enormous!

Hi everyone,

I am moving to E. Dulwich on 8th Feb and my first baby is due on 28th March. Somebody told me today about the Spring Babies Club. Hoping the move isn't too exhausting and I can meet some other new mums from the area on 9th Feb and compare bumps, share tips... find out where the best/nearest yoga, pilates, anything is... Look forward to meeting everyone, Fi MacAdie