Locale - new Restaurant and Cocktail Bar

I went to Locale for fathers day, and again today for lunch. I thought it was great, food was fresh, and tasted great. Thought the decor inside was good, with a relaxed and buzzy atmosphere. Today we sat outside in the sun which was very pleasent and relaxing. After everyone talking abuot wanting an Italian on this forum, I cannot believe the amount of negative reviews it has recieved. I think Locale is exactly what East Dulwich was missing, and think it is a great addition

hmmm - I didn't rate it on my last visit. Caeser salad full to very brim with stale spongy croutons - not tasty. Kids meals from dullsville which isn't always a bad thing but soggy pizzas is rubbish. Tiramasu and coffee delish. I really want it to be good and think a halfway decent italian would be marvellous.

Last time i went food was good, although they did try to tell me my free prosecco voucher was out of date when it had 2 weeks left on it.

It was a saturday night they made a fuss about not being able to book a table at the time i wanted so we took an earlier table. They told me we would have to vacate the table after 2 hours which we did, although there was no need as it did not get busy.

We took a seat in the bar area and had a few more drinks. It was at this point we admired the view of Altima court... and then noticed we could see naked people on the top floor!! I think it was a bathroom so be warned to close the curtains/blinds!

2% rating in afraid!

Ok,

went there last night for first time

Steack ordered rare - came well-done to say the least. (they did cook another but my pizza was stone cold by the time they did so)

waitress coulnt speak english.

table not clean

recieved starters before a knife and fork.

revieved starters before a plate to eat starter off.

received starter before a drink

was told we couldnt have a jug of water (they later brought one out)

Wine average for the price.

Waitress entered payment of service at full amount with no option for me to reduce (following terrible service!)

dissappointed but will go back once more just cos its so local. If bad again i wont return but the problem is i love pizza and seafood linguini!.

I've had a couple of excellent lunches there with friends.

And I recently booked the Olive Room for a drinks recepeption following an arts event in the area. It was a perfect venue. The sun shone, the doors to the terrace were open, and the 50 or so guests moved from food and drinks in the Olive Room to the tables on the terrace. The food was excellent, the service was attentive, and Cherif, the Manager, went out of his way to make sure everything worked.

I like having a good Italian Restaurant at the top of the road. I went to The Green many times, but the main dining room was hopeless during the day. It was so dark. The simple innovation of knocking through a couple of windows has transformed the space.

Had a meal there for the first time Saturday. Service was good - friendly and they were there when needed. We all had 3 courses & wine and came to about ?35 each which I thought was reasonable for what we had. Food was simple but tasty. So overall a place I would go back to except for the NOISE! It was full on Saturday and we had to shout at each other across the table. I know Green had problems with the acoustics and they haven't been solved by Locale. I like to be able to have a conversation while I eat - a real pity but I doubt I'll be going back soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok,

on my second visit to Locale (see my previous post...)....

It was fantastic service and food!

Following my last visit i filled in their online feedback form and the manager offerred a free bottle of wine if i tried them again. I didnt accept the free wine but did try again:-

Went last night and had really great Pizza!

The service was spot on (different staff to last time) and genuinely friendly. It was like they had actually addressed the point i raised with them on my first visit and turned into exactly the great place i wanted round the corner!

i now change my score to 86%.

Well done Locale!, or perhaps: locale ben cotto

Will