Can anyone recommend a Taster Menu restaurant in town?

Indiana

Went to Hibiscus for lunch last year & was really disappointed - felt like we were eating in an office reception area!

Have been several times to Benares on Berkley Square & always had lovely meals (inc their taster menu).

Definitely the Ledbury then. But easier to get a table at Launceston Place and I would highly recommend (but a bit farther) Hedone in Chiswick. They got their Michelin Star but the prices are not so steep as they are not central and are fairly new. Delicious food and it's an open kitchen so you can watch your food being plated up almost in front of you!

Dabbous also but again difficult to get a booking.

AJ

Roganic and Viajante are great if you want the multi-course experience, but food which is a little lighter. The Kitchen Table (at Bubbledogs) could also be an interesting alternative, and is a pretty unique environment.

Ledbury is great, but you need to book well in advance. Le Gavroche for an all-out gutbuster. Cinnamon Club or Benares for fancy Indian food.

I love Clos Maggiore in Covent Garden which does great French food and is a really beautiful restaurant as well.

As it doesn't have the status of the Ledbury etc i think it is also easier to book.

I also prefer the atmosphere is CM as it is cosier and more intimate - depends what you're looking for!

Have a great night wherever you go!

http://www.closmaggiore.com/

Indiana Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It was between Murano and Sketch but Sketch won as

> they had a table at the right time. Taster Menu

> sounds fabulous - I will let you know how we get

> on.

>

> Thanks to everyone for your suggestions

You'll have a great time but do try Murano next time - absolutely my favourite restaurant in London.

I know you've booked but just in case you change your mind, I'd also second Clos Maggiore just off Covent Garden, very romantic venue (ask for a table in the conservatory) and gorgeously rich fine dining without being stuffy. I've eaten the best meals of my life there!

Archived