Autumn babies club (due Sept/Oct/Nov 2013)

Another great meet up today, thanks for organising! I thought it might be useful to have a Facebook group to keep track of names and faces, and to help with organising events etc - seems to be quite a common thing to do among pregnant ladies... You can set the privacy settings so that it's not visible on feeds etc and obviously would continue to post on here for those who aren't signed-up. If you'e interested then PM me a link to your FB page and I'll add you to the group, and I'll post a link to the group once it's set up (it won't let me set up a group until I've got people to add!).

Hannah x

Hi again

People seem keen so I've now set up the group. The link is here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/528470860551292/ (Autumn Babies Club 2013).

I think the simpliest way to join is just to request to join the group (I've set the settings to closed rather than secret so that this is possible). Otherwise, it looks like I can only add people if I'm friends with them.

Let me know if you're having any difficulties (my first attempt at setting up a FB group, so bear with me!)

Hx

Unfortunately couldn't make it - had been asked to go for a growth scan as fundal height was 5cm too small, so was a bit twitched and paranoid that I would be comparing my bump too much. Had the scan today and if anything, the baby is on the bigger side, lol!

I'm tall so I just carry it differently. Phew!

Have requested to join the FB group as I'd still like to meet to meet up at some point! Time is certainly ticking on with the pregnancy!

Hi all, just a very quick note to say that due to an early baby arriving I have a place that's become available on my four week HypnoBirthing course starting this Wednesday evening, 8.00-10.30pm near East Dulwich station. If you are interested in this place please email me on [email protected] ASAP and I will be able to give you a good discount due to the course's imminent start date.

Warm wishes to all, and all the best to everyone for a calm and comfortable birth.

Hollie x

• 4 weeks later...

There are a couple of meet ups planned in the next few weeks on the facebook group if anyone is off/already on maternity leave -

Friday 23rd August - 1400 - at Le Chandelier, East Dulwich

Wednesday 28th August - 1400 - Bambuni, Nunhead

Look forward to seeing anyone who can make them.

Hello!! I've just seen this group and have hopefully just managed to join the facebook group... (or sent a request to at least!)

I'm expecting my first baby at the end of October, planning to work until due date but I'll work from home for the last 3 weeks so just 6 weeks (and a bit) left in the office. I might be able to make meetups during the working from home period?!?

I'm in HOP, is there anyone else based in SE23?

stacker285, I didn't get nausea in the first trimester and don't have it now in the third, but I do feel more tired (although not as tired as the first month or so) and I have terrible heartburn! So I feel your pain!

oh god - 3rd trimester sickness has just begun for me - it's horrible. I bought some Gaviscon tablets and they seem to be helping - i swear i don't remember reading about this! As soon as I hit the 3rd trimester I swear it's like all the energy and life drained out of me!

I'm afraid I am now lovingly calling my bump my 'energy sucking parasite', bless it. I niavely thought that tiredness mothers in late pregnancy felt was down to carrying the extra weight, but I feel fine from that perspective - the baby is just laying down fat. Wish it would be a bit more discerning where it takes it from tho, I have a few areas that would benefit from being harvested ;-)

Hi, I've also just seen this group and have sent a request to join the Facebook group. I'm due 2nd Oct - 2nd baby (first is 2.5 - she's at nursery in Peckham Rye). We've just moved to Brockley/Nunhead area, so would love to meet some local mums! Last week of work next Friday - can't wait as it is knackering the second time round!! Looking forward to meeting some of you :)

Hi Fellow Autumn Mums-to-be,

Posted a while back in the classified section, but not had much interest - am having a baby boy in Nov so have bundles of clothes my daughter had available to anyone interested.

Here's the original thread:

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1154974,1154974#msg-1154974

The green duffle coat has now gone & happy to take ?5 a bundle. My daughter was a September baby so were all good for this time of year.

Thanks x

Hi everyone

Another late joiner to the group, if that's ok. I can't make the 28th meet, but will look out for future meets, & the chance to connect with you all. I'm due October 17th with our first baby. We're (ex east dulwich)in Crofton Park, Se4 - so poss not too far from you, tinyem & others who are more towards Brockley/nunhead. Going to put a request in to the Facebook group too...

Hey there,

Miranda - we met recently at the oak wood meet the midwives talk. Thanks so much for telling me about this and the FB group. I was hoping to make it along for the Wednesday catch up in nunhead this week but have just realised I have yogA at that time.

I'm due 14th September and late to this group but would love to meet up with other mums to be in the area for tea, cakes ice cream etc :) Hope all you other mums to be are keeping well. I'll keep a look out for the next meet up date.

Hopefully see you soon.

Ruth x

Hi all

Drove past Bambuni yesterday and saw they're closed for summer hols til next week. I'm not in the Facebook group so maybe an alternative meet up has been agreed already? I'd be keen to meet somewhere toddler friendly so can bring my two year old.

Hope you're all feeling ok. I'm 38 weeks today so hopefully on the final stretch...

Fiona

Hello forum peeps - Just organised an FBook evening pub meet up at The Rye Pub, Peckham Rye on Wed 4th Sept from 6.30pm for those late autumn bumps still working and anyone else who fancies it.

I have booked table but will try and get there a little early to nab an outside table.

See you there. Priya

Hi second time bumps. I hope you don't mind me posting on this thread, for some reason I seem to be on it from a while ago and thought you might be interested to know that we are running an antenatal class especially designed for second time parents. For September, we only have two places left and so far we have mums (and some dads) attending from East Dulwich and Crystal Palace. The course has been developed by our Neo Practice parenting experts and with input from lots of second time parents. You'll get expert advice on managing life with a newborn and a toddler, managing sibling rivalry, preparing your older child for the big changes ahead - and meet lovely local second time parents-to-be. It's run over 3 evenings in Crystal Palace, led by a very experienced midwife. For more information and bookings, please visit us at www.theneopractice.com or email [email protected]. We also have a one day Welcoming Baby Number Two course in East Dulwich that is being finalised in the next week or two. This will take place just off Lordship Lane and will likely be in November. Use voucher code EDF for 10% off course prices. Hope you can join us! Suze

Hi, I'd love to join your gang and come to one of your meet ups. I'm due to have baby number 2 in mid October and am a little worried about being billy no mates without my NCT group this time around. I'm still at work at the moment but will try to make the evening catch up on 4th September if my husband can get home from work to take on parenting duties. Otherwise, looking forward to meeting up once mat leave starts.

Is there a link for the FB group?

Katie x

• 2 weeks later...