What is East Dulwich Missing - Food Wise

woodie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> theres a renowned eel and pie in peckham high

> street no? olde looking place.

> not a fan so dont know if its "the best" or not.

It's shut down.... the whole family business shut down despite some serious offers of help - I think it was a generation thing.

I'd rather like a really good Caribbean place - like The Mango Rooms in Camden.

That's the sort of thing loz

I was thinking the space where Woolwich used to be would be perfect

reason I thought of it was because I was in Camden last night (Scott Capurro's Edinburgh show - and peple thought he was near the knuckle @ EDT??? pheweee) and went to the diner place and it was just the perfect spot for an hour stop off and a chat. Their chili scores points for using non-minced beef as well btw

La Locandera? I think it was called

Where G&B is now and where Redgewells was?

Best draw the curtain over that mis-fire. I only ever saw 2 people eat in there so I'd be surprised if many people can post belated reviews. I didn't know the sisters (I think they were anyway) who tried with the restaurant but I felt pretty bad for them every time I passed

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> Now I'm not suggesting this particular chain

>

> http://www.goodlifediner.com/

>

> But a diner type thing like that - good british

> caffs are great but not the same thing

>

> Somewhere to pop in for breakfast, or a a bowl of

> chili and a beer, but in fairly open relaxed space

> - ie the opposite of GBK and it's elbows together

> noise-fest

Looks like a Wimpy Bar to me.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> La Locandera? I think it was called

>

> Where G&B is now and where Redgewells was?

>

> Best draw the curtain over that mis-fire. I only

> ever saw 2 people eat in there so I'd be surprised

> if many people can post belated reviews. I didn't

> know the sisters (I think they were anyway) who

> tried with the restaurant but I felt pretty bad

> for them every time I passed

I ate there once, just after it stopped being Redgewells (loved Redgewells, as I've said before I'm sure)and the food was wonderful, but we were the only people in there. I don't know why it didn't take off, I liked it (not as much as I liked Redgewells of course. Have I mentioned that I loved Redgewells?)

annaj Wrote:

> >

> I ate there once, just after it stopped being

> Redgewells (loved Redgewells, as I've said before

> I'm sure)and the food was wonderful, but we were

> the only people in there. I don't know why it

> didn't take off, I liked it

xxxxxxxx

It probably didn't take off because it didn't look like a great place to eat - which was why I never ventured in ...... :-S

I like the Sea Cow although the last time myself and the boyfriend went in there, the fish kinda tasted like bleach and we both had the squits for about a week after.... I haven't been in there since, but before then, we had some lovely fish n chips, maybe they are just overly enthusiastic about cleaning, which is a good thing really...