Flightpaths over ED

Leaf

• 4 months later...

We may well be outside the 57 dBA contour, as Hoon states, but that refers to an *average* annoyance. We have planes arriving from 4.30am, and at that time there is little other noise going on and the perceived noise is consequently much higher than average (big jump from the low background level, plus your ears have become accustomed to little noise during the night so a given noise will seem much louder than otherwise). It's easily enough to wake you up.

And while 3-6,000 altitude is given, the times I have monitored aircraft coming in on the web it's often 3-4.5,000 rather than in the upper range.

I don't think I'll be setting much store by the current government's "indicative plans". Planes will have to fly over somewhere, and more planes is more planes. It's not as if we were dealing with a stack position (where the traffic would no longer exist because the need for the stack would in principle vanish).

does anyone know anything about impact on flights over Peckham, do we some under the same flight path analysis? I live in Choumert Road area and have seen a map of flight path patterns for the area (not this one but more detailed)... we already have 3 flight paths converging directly over our street... It's hell in the summer from 4.30am you have to have your windows closed because it is so noisy... it wakes me EVRY BLOODY MORNING!!! the thought of it being worse....

http://inel.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/2mproposed3rdrunwaylandings24jan07.jpg

have you signed the petition?http://www.stopheathrowexpansion.com/

this is a map (bit fuzzy) off the 2 Million voices campaign against the third runway and does not look very hopeful for East Dulwich or Peckham... looks like there might FIVE flight paths merging over us!!! there is anoth map showing departing flight too and it also looks worse than now!!!! HELP

http://inel.wordpress.com/2008/01/15/do-get-involved-with-the-2m-group-two-million-voices-against-heathrow-expansion/

Here are the list of threat off the 2 Million web site

DO WE BELIEVE GEOFF HOON??????

Seven key threats

A new third runway - creating a new flightpath across west London and bringing noisier aircraft across parts of south London.

New mixed mode operations - where each existing runway is used concurrently for both arrivals and departures.

Restricting relief from runway alternation during the day ? planes currently switch runways at 3pm every day.

Ending the Cranford agreement which restricts take offs to the east from the northern runway.

A planning application to lift the 480,000 annual movements limit set as a condition of Terminal Five ? this could now go as high as 720,000.

A new Terminal Six to support the third runway.

A review of westerly preference ? where planes normally descend from the east.

• 2 months later...

a relentlessy trite and futile post people - you use planes & the products they import, then you really have no cause to bleat.

London life is not a life a la carte

would you have any problems if it was Birmingham intrnational that was being expanded ?

blah wrote:- you use planes & the products they import, then you really have no cause to bleat.

If that were the case I would agree whole heartedly, but the planes do not enter london airspace as if on a clock face, they are streamed above ED so we get more than our fair share of airplane noise.

Which is most unfair on the residents.

SteveT, the problem is widespread and escalating, not just here. I was surprised on recent visits to fairly remote parts of East and West Sussex (i.e. far from Gatwick and Horsham and well away from supposed lower-level flight paths - just much air traffic noise there was.

Has anyone noticed how lovely it when there are no planes flying overhead. I get so upset when I think about what life could be like without living under a highway. I cannot believe Geoff Hoon gives statistic for 2002 for flights over ED. They must have newer statistics. Way more than 169 planes fly over my house a day. On a bad day at least 20 go over an hour and they are lower. And what is this 57dBA noise contour?!?! It means nothing to me. What means something is being woken up every morning and having to turn the stereo up to drown out the planes! I hate the way politicians just send these useless letters! Yes quieter planes than in the 1960s and 1970s but by how many 100% have flights increased and they come lower than ever! I am so depressed about how badly the airport is managed.