Olympics

willow

why will it be the worse olympics ever? personally having lived in china i know the chinese will give this 110% and pull out all the stops. they cannot be seen to lose face so i imagine that the opening ceremony on friday is going to be amazing. failing to wow is not an option !

d'Olympics are just LUDICROUS - on so many levels - politically, organisationally, some of the events, etc etc etc etc etc

However...

I will still be taking a peek at some of it- maybe it's a legacy of playing Track and Field for so many years on various computers - but I love a long jump/triple jump/javelin record breaking attempt

ahem, sounds like you,re apologising already for what will likely be use usual load of shite the charity shield is, if you want real passion, drama and excitement played by real men and not over paid prima donnas, tune in to setanta

I've been banned by the missus from watching Wexford (hurling or football), especially at Croke Park where I have a 100% jinx record so far (it's about 95% on the telly)

"overpaid prima donnas" by the sounds of things, of late at least, the main difference is that they're unpaid prima donnas ;)

At least Olympic athletes are clean living amateurs aren't they....err...aren't they?!?!

TeamGB is likely to do very well at sailing, rowing, cycling, archery and target shooting. You actual running, jumping, throwing stuff - not so much.

So basically, we are, as an Olympic squad, very talented and enthusiastic CenterParc customers.

Beijing Olympics - load of old w@nk

London Olympics - load of old w@nk that WE are paying for.

Tessa of North London has ensured that her constituency has got no benefit from 2012 - an opporunity to link us to East London via a link to the Jubilee Line, East London Line or the DLR has been missed.

What do we get? Sod all. What will we get in the Olympic debt ridden decades after 2012? Sod all.

The football season starts properly on Saturday when Birmingham v Sheffield Utd kicks off at 12.45. The Olympics cannot compete with the new football season......except of course the Women's Beach Volleyball, which is a must-see! >:D

Didn't the C4 news last night have an item on it saying that 30 of America's medal hopes were not born in the US and some had even won medals for other countries - they have apparently done this to beat the Chinese medal count. These people have been helped to get fast track US nationality - just in time for the games.

I thought it was the taking part that mattered - ha ha ha!