The best thing I have ever bought.....

MrBen

Me and the lads used to get stoned on Hash and shoot at stuff with it. The gun cost me about $50 and a bag of about 200 bullets cost $5. We never fired at any animals or hurt anyone and it gave me piece of mind to have with me on site as Pakistan can be a very dangerous place but thankfully it never came to that. You can buy anything like that out there such as handguns, anti tank rockets and grenades. All surplus stock. It was great fun although it had a very heavy kick to it, ask any bloke out there if they'd like a go on one and I bet you they'd jump at the chance.

I would have said my ipod until it stopped charging properly the other weekend. Still, I have had it for two and a half years, maybe time to upgrade.

I guess my hi-fi I have had for about 10 years, bought with my first bonus at work - wasn't mega expensive, but not exactly cheap either, and I still enjoy it.

My estate car, bought 10 years ago and will hopefully still be going in 10 years time. When I wake up to find a scratch down the side, or a chip in the bumper - it doesn't ruin my day. I can park it anywhere and be fairly sure that nobody will bother stealing it. Can fit an entire band backline in it, or a wardrobe, fridge/freezer, even a small sofa.

One of many answers....

Possibly a strange answer but Disintegration CD by The Cure. Even though it's not my 'favourite' album, or the best I own if you ask me either question it's the one that gets played the most.

Or...

Tickets to see The Sisterhood at The Electric Ballroom. They turned into The Mission half way through.

Or...

R790 FBJ, a 900 Diversion. I loved that bike.

I knew this thread would get very materialistic. Surely the true joys in life are the crunch of frosted leaves on a crisp sunny Autumn morning? The joys of a tasty, but simple meal with good friends? The Guardian (for most of you) on a Saturday morning...

No bollocks to that!

So here's some more:

- Guitars! - the tobacco sunburst Fender '62 reissue I bought from a very kind Scotsman on this forum

- My new Oliver Sweeney boots with the chunky soles

- A glass lemon juicer from 1930's that was handed down from my great grandma and squeezes lemons so well it makes me happy

- The very last Smiths album

- David Carnells boxer shorts - which are still in my spare room