Sadness at changing atmosphere of East Dulwich

I imagine the original poster would have no problem with yummy mummies who ordered everything off the menu then? I've seen students, entrepreneurs, the unemployed and the self-employed all park themselves in caf?s for a day and order nothing but a coffee. Whether or not this is acceptable is the proprietors' problem not yours but stay-at-home mums and dads are a mainstay of the daytime economy and shame on you for thinking that they're all alike. If you branded other sections of the population similarly you'd be quite fairly called a racist.

I'm old enough to remember when there were signs in pub windows that said "No Travellers" and even "No gypsies" before that term became non-pc.

I can't say I imagine seeing a sign "No Yummy Mummies" appearing in pub and cafe windows anytime soon.

Btw, I hate seeing young children in pubs. Always have done and is my own personal belief that it isn't an appropiate place for them. But let not get all nazi on people that use facilities made available to them by the owners/managers of the establishment. Times change.

Sophron Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I would like to know more about the "Pig" comment.

> Also an update on "dumpgate" woud make this a

> tuely excellent EDF debate.

Yes! Can't tease us with a little intriging detail then hold back the rest. And 'dumpgate' certainly does need revisting.

Dumpgate verdict - GUILTY!

Whether or not he was actually from ED remains a mystery but it was definitely him!

Anyway, that aside, I've lived in Sth Croydon, Balham, Clapham and now here (for the last 4 years) and I feel that ED has by far the best vibe as far as community feel goes. Helped by the forum and the EDT in my opinion. I am always accommodating and nice to my neighbours, and in return they are nice to me!

phobic3000 Wrote:

> And apologies for getting admin to pull it - I was

> getting abuse from members of the stag group.

Thanks for the update phobic3000, I was unaware that you had admin remive the thread, it's such a shame! As I recall it was the stag no?

We could have stuck up for you had we known about the abuse, it would have been worth a lot of hassle to have preserved what in my view was the apogee of this forum...

Well I, for one, like East Dulwich. Not all of it, but a lot of it. And the bits I don't like are mainly a matter of personal preference. I suppose it would be churlish to expect everyone in the area to cater to my own particular whims...

I don't like this forum much sometimes, but I have managed to find decent people in the area who aren't virtual.

This is either very clever trolling or the work of an idiot

so either 9/10

or

I remember threads on here like this 7 years ago,or hearing it in the pub 15 yaers ago, bloody blow-ins saying things have changed

???? Wrote:

> This is either very clever trolling or the work of

> an idiot

>

>

> so either 9/10

>

> or

>

> I remember threads on here like this 7 years

> ago,or hearing it in the pub 15 yaers ago, bloody

> blow-ins saying things have changed.

This.

And this -

Anecdotal only, as any individual conversation must be.

Fourteen years in our cul-de-sac, watching children sprout improbably tall, their parents' temples grey and waists thicken... and years it took for us to feel like "them in number XX, they've been there forever, they're all right, they keep themselves to themselves and never a problem from them, nice enough though when you have a chat".

But we do now. And we'll be sad to leave what imperceptibly has become Home.

It's not the same river that we crossed fourteen years ago, but... that's in the nature of rivers, innit?