?30 for a haircut!

EDOliver

Evening all.

Being a new ED resident I'm currently in the process of trying to establish a regular place to get my hair cut. Somewhere that offers good value, decent chat, a smiling face and above all a good end result.

Having paid ?15 at a local barbers a month ago I was happy with what I got but thought I'd see what else was on offer in ED. So, I popped in to a place that was rammed and thought I'd see what all the fuss was about. However, what I received was a 10 minute (if that) cut with an Eastern European girl that literally said about 5 words and didn't smile once. And, much to my dismay I was charged ?30 for the privilege! Is it me or is ?30 a b***dy lot to be paying for what was in essence a short back and sides? Do places really expect zero customer service and for us to keep coming back??? Anyone know a good place (?20 tops) in ED??

UnderhillOliver Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Having paid ?15 at a local barbers a month ago I

> was happy with what I got but thought I'd see what

> else was on offer in ED. So, I popped in to a

> place that was rammed and thought I'd see what all

> the fuss was about. However, what I received was a

> 10 minute (if that) cut with an Eastern European

> girl that literally said about 5 words and didn't

> smile once. And, much to my dismay I was charged

> ?30 for the privilege!

Did she have more than one sock on?

Didn't you ask the price first?! If you're talking about the place on L Lane with the "coiffure" sign outside - I'm pretty sure the prices are in the window. Can't think of anywhere else in ED which would charge you over ?20 for a men's cut in ED.

"The Clipper" on Northcross Rd is fine for basic short back and sides, as is the Barry Road barbers. Can't say I was impressed with Headnizm though.

I usually go to clipper on NXrd, but had first bad cut there last week so am not singing its praises as i normally would - 10 mins of having my head thrown around rather forcefully and much too short but as started with big clipper-buzz to side of head was really no going back... but first time that's happened. Normally does the job, about ?15.

Keef Wrote:

> Roches opposite The Plough. Proper barber shop. A

> decent basic cut for a tenner and bung 'em a

> couple quid tip. Sorted.

>

> Absolutely! Although it'll always be Seger's

> really!

Yeah, I still think of it as Segers. Been going in there since I was a nipper.

Oh, oh, oh UnderhillOliver. Let me tell you a story.

Bellenden Belle didn't have a chance to go to her favourite GM stylist before Christmas and so instead went to one of Manchester's finest establishments, "as recommended by Tatler magazine".

I paid ?95.

Did anyone notice? Anyone?

No one.

A girl could weep.

RosieH Wrote:

> ?30 haircuts and no "feminine items" to buy...

>

> That said, fellas do tend to get their hair cut

> more often so maybe it balances out a bit?

?20 per month compared to my ?100 every 2-3 months... doesn't quite balance. But then if I stuck to the hair cut and put up wit the grey it would probably work.

I'm sure we get lots of extra costs elsewhere though. Men get to wear socks instead of tights, that's got to be a major saving surely??